456 in Blue LeMans | FerrariChat

456 in Blue LeMans

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by franschman, Mar 31, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. franschman

franschman Formula Junior

Dec 18, 2017
    Holland
    Full Name:
    Bart
    My '95 456GT was delivered in the color Blue LeMans as specified on the original invoice.
    I understood that this color was not a standard color in '95 so there probably won't be many.

Unfortunately some previous owner had the front frame (poorly) repainted after some repairs and the original paint sticker is lost. I would like to order a repro sticker but like to know the exact text on the sticker.

Can the owner of a 456 in Blue LeMans PLEASE take/post a pic of the paint code sticker in their car?
    Can the owner of any other '90s Ferrari in Blue LeMans please take a pic of this sticker?

Almost finished restoring mine and I try to get the details right...

Any help much appreciated
    Bart

2. 21ATS

21ATS Formula Junior

Dec 10, 2016
    Kent, UK
    Full Name:
    Alan
  3. 21ATS

21ATS Formula Junior

Dec 10, 2016
    Kent, UK
    Full Name:
    Alan
  4. franschman

Dec 18, 2017
    Holland
    Full Name:
    Bart
    Thanks for that pic! I’d seen that link of the car auctioned but not the detailed pics.

Never understood why they put the sticker right under the bonnet stopper though. Many have the sticker there, on its side, as in this pic, but I have also seen them rotated 90 degrees and a bit higher, just clearing the stopper.

21ATS likes this.
  5. franschman

Dec 18, 2017
    Holland
    Full Name:
    Bart
    Thanks! Identical to the other one posted. The local Ferrari main dealership has informed me that these stickers are not available in this color (they do have Rossa Corsa, TDF and a few more colors) so I guess I'll go repro.

6. franschman

Dec 18, 2017
    Holland
    Full Name:
    Bart
    I have written to every supplier of F-related parts on the internet but haven't been able to find such sticker in 'Blu Le Mans Met. FER516/C', nor did I find a blank one.

Does anyone have a suggestion on where to buy this sticker?

Thanks!
    Bart

7. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
  8. franschman

Dec 18, 2017
    Holland
    Full Name:
    Bart
    I haven't tried them, but will do now. Thanks.