308,328, & Dino Gearbox Oil Change Procedure: VIDEO | FerrariChat

308,328, & Dino Gearbox Oil Change Procedure: VIDEO

Discussion in '308/328' started by Nuvolari, Apr 12, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Nuvolari

Nuvolari F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2002
    Toronto / SoCal
    Full Name:
    Rob C.
    I've been playing a little with YouTube to try and create some videos outlining service procedures. Having benefited from tons of other peoples content I figured this would be a good way to give back.

I have no illusions of becoming a YouTube star and am not even interested in running ads to monetize my channel. The content is free and without commercials but I would like to know that someone is at least watching my videos. If you like what you see please like, share, comment, and subscribe to my channel. I'm at barely over 90 followers so my first goal is to get to 100.

Also please let me know what service videos you might be interested in and I'll see what I can do to make some.

For now here is a video just released showing the procedure to change the gearbox oil in a 308, 328, or Dino including oil recommendations and some tips and tricks:

2. mike996

mike996 F1 Veteran

Jun 14, 2008
    Full Name:
    Mike 996
    Good video! FWIW, I can't remember ever buying a new copper crush washer - I always anneal the old one just as you show. It's not because I'm cheap (or "mean" if you're in the UK), it's because I always forget to buy one! ;) An embarrassing lesson I learned is that often a used aluminum crush washer will have a hint of copperish color and you may think you will anneal this "copper" washer...only to see it melt in heat of the propane torch!

maurice70 and Nuvolari like this.
  3. Du_Man

Du_Man Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 23, 2003
    Dallas, Texas
    Full Name:
    Derek
    Really enjoyed watching the video last night, Rob - I even enjoyed not having to see every little step like "watching the oil being drained".

I would love to see the procedure on how to adjust the gearshift linkage/forks/bushing.........." looking at the forks in the gearbox while a partner shifts thru the gears". But you know what that means......draining the gearbox oil! o_O liked and subscribed.......

SJP 5 and Nuvolari like this.
  4. Lawrence Coppari

Lawrence Coppari Formula 3

Apr 29, 2002
    Kingsport, TN
    Full Name:
    Lawrence A. Coppari
    Aluminum washers can be annealed in a similar fashion. Lower temperatures are needed.

5. Brian A

Brian A F1 Rookie

Dec 21, 2012
    SanFrancisco BayArea
    Full Name:
    1983 US 308 GTS QV
    Cool video! It was fun to watch even though I knew/do all the stuff you show.

... well, okay, I fill from the gearbox plug and the transfer case plug but I may try your way next time.

6. bill brooks

bill brooks F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2007
    waynesburg,pa
    Full Name:
    bill brooks
    WOW! what a clean underside! and i thought my 328 was clean. you've shamed me!

7. maurice70

maurice70 F1 Rookie

Jan 25, 2004
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    maurice T
    Been there, Done that :D

8. JuLiTrO

JuLiTrO Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2017
    Full Name:
    Julio Saiz
    I am your 101 subscriber

Good videos!

9. Nuvolari

Nuvolari F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2002
    Toronto / SoCal
    Full Name:
    Rob C.
    Thanks for the views and subscriptions. It is nice to know that people out there are seeing the videos and it also re-enforces that YouTube star is not in my future. Either way I'll keep making videos that will hopefully help someone in the middle of a mechanical bind.

The project I really want to do is a comprehensive series that takes you through the Weber carbs, how to re-build them, and how to tune them. I did a blog on this many years back that was really well received and figure a video version can only be better.

Now that I have said it in public and put it out there I have to do it :)

SJP 5 and maurice70 like this.
  10. JuLiTrO

JuLiTrO Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2017
    Full Name:
    Julio Saiz
    Cannot wait

THANK YOU!

11. flash32

flash32 F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2008
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Dominick
    Subscribed

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

12. Milkshaker0007

Milkshaker0007 Formula Junior

Sep 22, 2012
    Midlands,uk
    Full Name:
    Paul
    104 now, cheers

13. thorn

thorn F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2012
    Tallahassee, FL
    Buy a pack of them on Amazon for like $8 while you're still thinking about it.

Also, you aren't the only one that melted an aluminum one experimenting with annealing. ;)