812 Superfast development - Fabspeed Motorsport | FerrariChat

812 Superfast development - Fabspeed Motorsport

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by Fabspeed Motorsport, Apr 13, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Fabspeed Motorsport

Sponsor

Feb 5, 2009
    Fort Washington, PA
    Full Name:
    John S
    Achieve maximum power without sacrificing driveability or reliability by optimizing your exhaust system and engine tuning. The 812 Superfast is an impressive car from the factory, there's no doubt about it. We set out to extract maximum possible gains out of the 812 while keeping the operating parameters safely within the confines of reliability and longevity.

We have been working tirelessly over the past few weeks to develop a state-of-the-art system for the 812. Stay tuned for our full product release shortly!

Take a look at these snapshots!

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Fabspeed Motorsport

Sponsor

Feb 5, 2009
    Fort Washington, PA
    Full Name:
    John S
    Unleash performance and sound from your Ferrari 812 with our High Flow HJS Sport Cats and X-Pipe Exhaust System.

Our sport cats feature German-made HJS 200 cell EURO 6 EC certified compliant tri-metallic catalytic converters. We use enlarged 5in /127mm piping from the engine side to the cat, greatly improving flow over the factory design. These are the largest and highest flowing catalytic converters you can fit on the 812 Superfast. Large diameter catalytic converters are better because they allow for more exhaust flow and the increased catalysts surface area allows for better exhaust gas filtering which means emissions compliance that will NOT trigger a check engine light. The factory 812 exhaust system uses an archaic H-pipe design that is cheap to manufacture. An H-pipe does not allow for efficient exhaust gas scavenging and thus does not balance the exhaust tone between the two cylinder banks. Our X-pipe is investment cast from stainless steel. Using a cast design allowed us to CAD design an X-pipe with a knife-edge center that perfectly melds the two cylinder banks allowing for improved scavenging efficiency and a smooth ripping V12 sound.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

SOUND:

These Sport Cats paired with our X-Pipe will bring out the wailing F1 sound that Ferrari owners love. The exhaust note is significantly louder than stock, but totally drone-free thanks to the harmonic properties of the V12. Due to the completely free-flowing design of the OEM rear mufflers, this is the only way to add true sound to the 812. Check out our videos below to hear for yourself!

POWER:

Our Sport Cat and X-Pipe Exhaust System was developed on our in-house DynoJet. At the wheels, we saw max gains of 30.2 WHP and 31.5 ft/lbs of TQ. That's 36 HP at the crank. Peak HP went up from a baseline of 661.8 WHP to a whopping 684.3 WHP.

FEATURES:

• Fits all Ferrari 812 Superfast and GTS Vehicles Worldwide (2018+)
    • Adds 30.2 WHP and 31.5 ft/lbs of TQ
    • Saves 10lbs / 4.5 KGs of weight
    • 200 Cell Tri-Metallic HJS Catalytic Converters
    • Simple direct bolt-on replacement for the restrictive OEM Ferrari 700 cell catalytic converters and H-pipe
    • One-piece CNC mandrel bent tubing
    • Constructed from T304L stainless steel
    • Investment-cast X-Pipe
    • 100% guaranteed no check engine light, no P420, P430 codes
    • We are HJS Germany’s exclusive USA importer and distributor and the only one who can provide a valid HJS warranty
    • Fabspeed Motorsport USA has over 25+ years of worldwide experience with Porsche, Ferrari, Lamborghini, McLaren, Aston Martin, and other exotic cars
    • All Fabspeed performance products are backed by the Fabspeed Lifetime Warranty

F140C likes this.
  3. KarlA69

KarlA69 Formula Junior

Oct 9, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Karl
    Your advert mentions this will fit a GTS and that there are no CEL. Given that all GTS come fitted with a GPF fitted, which would be removed and replaced with the 200 cell sports cats, how do you ensure no CEL (related to GPF)? To my knowledge, an OBD module will be required to cancel warning lights.

4. Fabspeed Motorsport

Sponsor

Feb 5, 2009
    Fort Washington, PA
    Full Name:
    John S
    You are correct.
    Unfortunately, that guarantee is subject to US models only due to their lack of GPFs.

Thanks for catching the error, it has been amended on our website but I cannot edit the post on F-Chat.

5. junc

junc Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 2, 2007
    Chicago/Laguna Beach
    Full Name:
    Jun
    Although the US does not require GPF the 812 GTS in the US comes with it. Is the fitment the same for both the Super fast and GTS as far as the 200 cell cat? I thought fitment is different so a 200 cell cat for the Superfast wont fit in the GTS. The GTS needs to have both the GPF and the OEM cat removed.

6. nickorette

nickorette Formula Junior

Jun 19, 2017
    Canada
    Will this fit with standard H pipe or you need x pipe too? Interested in increasing volume, not changing tone

7. Fabspeed Motorsport

Sponsor

Feb 5, 2009
    Fort Washington, PA
    Full Name:
    John S
    You absolutely can use the standard H-Pipe in addition to our Sport Cats!

nickorette likes this.
  8. Fabspeed Motorsport

Sponsor

Feb 5, 2009
    Fort Washington, PA
    Full Name:
    John S
    In this video, we take out our 812 Superfast development car to review how our Sport Cats and X-Pipe perform and sound.

9. junc

junc Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 2, 2007
    Chicago/Laguna Beach
    Full Name:
    Jun
    By the way your website still says the cat fits both the SF and the GTS. Ive been told the fitment is different because the GTS has the GPF. Is that correct that it fits both cars?

10. Fabspeed Motorsport

Sponsor

Feb 5, 2009
    Fort Washington, PA
    Full Name:
    John S
    Thank you, we appreciate your concern. We are looking at amending the product page, pending verification.

junc likes this.
  11. Fabspeed Motorsport

Sponsor

Feb 5, 2009
    Fort Washington, PA
    Full Name:
    John S
    This before and after video show's the difference between a stock 812 Superfast's exhaust note and the same car equipped with our Sport Cats and X-Pipe.

12. Fabspeed Motorsport

Sponsor

Feb 5, 2009
    Fort Washington, PA
    Full Name:
    John S
  13. Fabspeed Motorsport

Sponsor

Feb 5, 2009
    Fort Washington, PA
    Full Name:
    John S
    For anyone that's on the fence about any of our 812SF systems, now is your chance!

Wanted to award the community with a 10% off discount before we launch our holiday promo this weekend.

Shoot me an Email - [email protected] - and I will get you set up!

14. Fabspeed Motorsport

Sponsor

Feb 5, 2009
    Fort Washington, PA
    Full Name:
    John S
    Check out our High Flow cats and X-Pipe as we strap the 812 to the dyno!

15. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Still seems to be some clarity required. Does the US version of the 812 GTS have the GPF? If so, will there be a CEL and will the car require tuning or some some other sensor to negate it?

16. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    All 812GTS in USA have GPF (and I presume for entire world), but I definitely know all 812GTS for USA have GPF.

And, from what I can tell, there is no ECU tune for GPF (to prevent codes), the only solution is a dongle plugged into the OBD2 port under the dash (it removes select codes so the ECUs do not receive them), unplug that dongle and CEL will appear within driving 25-40 miles or so as that is the frequency of review.

Lagunae92 and Gh21631 like this.
  17. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Thank you for that. Fabspeed doesn't seem to know what you know and they have designed a system for the GTS - not good sign.

18. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    You are welcome, I wonder if Fabspeed has an 812GTS to actually test with, they may be basing all their experience on a 2018 812SF...

Gh21631 likes this.
  19. Fabspeed Motorsport

Sponsor

Feb 5, 2009
    Fort Washington, PA
    Full Name:
    John S
    We do know they have GPF's, what matters is wether or not they are monitored by the ECU in all US cars. In order to determine that we need numerous 812's. It would make little to no sense for us to purchase multiple, so we have not. As I have stated many times, anyone with an 812 is more than welcome to swing by and we can have it solved in a couple days. Numerous US cars are equipped with GPF's, not all of their ECU's monitor them, that is where the questions stand.

Not going to give information or speak on subjects in which we are not 110% confident and have validated in our own testing.

We have had a couple come through the shop, we are not an 812sf specific shop so purchasing numerous M/Y of the same car has little benefit. Our system has run without CELs or other issues on our R&D 812's, If a customer is too worried to take our word on it, then there is not much I can do other than have them experience it firsthand.

If you have any other questions feel free, but as I have said many times in the thread above, I will post updates as they are made available. stay tuned.

20. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    For all 812GTS you must presume all with have GPF and all GPF will be monitored by the ECUs. If somehow there are 812GTS (all have GPF) where the ECU is not monitoring the GPF, which I have never heard of before, I would simply presume that some future factory update will occur where the GPFs are monitored.

Reason being, the factory tries its best to make everything the same, so 812GTS with GPF will be monitored, if for no other reason, the ECUs must be properly programmed for the increased backpressure, etc otherwise GPFs will set off their CELs (if not contemplatively programmed into the ECUs)

21. Fabspeed Motorsport

Sponsor

Feb 5, 2009
    Fort Washington, PA
    Full Name:
    John S

I'm not arguing that it would be strange for the 812sf to not monitor the GPF, just need to verify the submodel differences in terms of fitment.
    While I do trust the community's opinion, we have to do our own research and make a determination for our systems. It's all part of successful R&D.

Cars such as the 718 GT4 are equipped with GPFs but their removal does not trigger a CEL. It is uncommon, but not unheard of.

I will update the thread with new info as it comes available, and if you have a GTS in the Philadelphia area shoot me a PM and we'll work something out.

22. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    Unusual is the word, Porsche indicated it would not put GPF in any model produced for USA, simply a place holder that is not a real GPF

(below is from summer 2019, PCA Magazine)

maybe it is not triggering a GPF CEL because it is not an actual GPF...(in the Porsche 718 GT4)

And, Ferrari actions cannot be compared to Porsche, vastly different.

23. Fabspeed Motorsport

Sponsor

Feb 5, 2009
    Fort Washington, PA
    Full Name:
    John S
    Our products aren't limited to US models, our system has no issues on euro GT4s.

Saying they cannot be compared is a bit of a reach. To each his own!

24. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    What Ferrari ECUs are doing is not comparable at all to what Porsche ECUs are doing, that was the comparison I was making. Meaning, whatever Porsche decides to do (or not do) has zero relevance to what Ferrari does (or does not do), there is no reason to think they operate the same, they are completely different companies. Now, if you were comparing Porsche/Audi/VW/Lamborghini/Skoda/etc, ok they might be using the same engineering group to create their ECU programming, but I'm certain they are not doing anything for Ferrari's engine/emissions ECUs, that's what I believe cannot be compared.

For instance, Porsche uses "dummy GPF" devices, Ferrari does not...

Gh21631 likes this.