Driving Gloves Recommendation | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Driving Gloves Recommendation

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by sdematt, Oct 16, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Kevin Rev'n

Kevin Rev'n Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 29, 2009
    Honolulu
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Just got mine in the mail today! They seem well made and look great. I will post up some pictures tomorrow and hopefully test them out this weekend!

2. sdematt

sdematt Karting

Nov 16, 2015
    Vancouver, Canada
    Full Name:
    Matt
    Ordered the Autodromo's last night. I'll maybe do a video review since I bought five pairs from different places.

3. randkin

randkin Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 2, 2015
    Somis, CA
    Full Name:
    Randy
    I got a pair of these as a gift. They go great with my Guards Red Pcar with black leather interior with red stitching. They are even pretty good for driving especially on hot day when the leather steering wheel gets sticky. I think they came from the Pcar dealership maybe $150 -$200 so not nearly as bad as $600 gloves.

4. Kevin Rev'n

Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 29, 2009
    Honolulu
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    #29 Kevin Rev'n, Nov 1, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  5. randkin

randkin Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 2, 2015
    Somis, CA
    Full Name:
    Randy
    Looks like you are ready for a little driving. I found mine quite comfortable even though I only use them about half the time.

6. Kevin Rev'n

Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 29, 2009
    Honolulu
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    OK finally had occasion to drive and test them out. At first, whoa...like taking a shower with your clothes on but it felt better and better as I went on. Shifting feels really good and I think that alone will keep me using them for the foreseeable future. It's a little awkward using my ipod and also the phone. Loosing the phone is no big deal it sort of puts you more in the moment anyway. Two leather-clad thumbs up!

7. Alden

Alden F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 25, 2010
    Central Florida
    If you have a wood rim steering wheel like I do, driving gloves are a must. The difference in grip is astounding.
    Alden

8. jjason981

jjason981 Rookie

May 8, 2006
    Philly Suburbs
    Full Name:
    Jason Fitzpatrick
    I just picked up a pair from Straton watch co. I paired up the gloves with their new curve chrono watch. They are both awesome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. sdematt

sdematt Karting

Nov 16, 2015
    Vancouver, Canada
    Full Name:
    Matt
    Shouldnt drive and use the phone anyway ;) safety first!

Just waiting for Autodromo to actually ship the order....might send them an email and see what the hold up is.

10. sdematt

sdematt Karting

Nov 16, 2015
    Vancouver, Canada
    Full Name:
    Matt
    Just got the Autodromos in. I'll post a review of them later in the week when I've got some time. They fit super well!

11. yelcab

yelcab F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Nov 29, 2001
    San Carlos, CA
    Full Name:
    Mitchell Le
    Autodromos String Back gloves. Very comfortable and works really well.

12. 1stFerrari@71

1stFerrari@71 Formula Junior

Jun 21, 2013
    Commerce, Texas
    Full Name:
    Joel Jacobs
    Hard to beat military aircrew gloves... come in dove gray, olive, black, and desert tan - I've seen them as cheap as $15 a pair, generally run around $25 or so... good shooting gloves too.

13. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  14. rotaryrocket7

rotaryrocket7 Formula Junior

Dec 7, 2011
    Eden Prairie, MN
    Full Name:
    Matt
  15. 350MH83

350MH83 Formula 3

Jul 11, 2014
    Denmark
    Full Name:
    Max
    Got mine from France, shipping international. Cheap and great. I have used the ones with fingers for the last 3 years and loved them. I just recently trashed them to purchase some new ones as the leather had been damaged (I moved house and used them to protect my hands while carrying heavy/sharp items). I got 2 new pairs, with and without fingers. I like them both but end up using the finger ones most of the time, mainly because the fingerless ones are more awkward to remove.
    https://www.falbalas-stjunien.com/gants-auto-doigts-coupes-homme-falbalas-st-junien-/1121-gants-mitaines-homme-en-agneau-nappa-non-double-falbalas-st-junien-.html

16. RodC328gts

RodC328gts Formula Junior

Aug 17, 2021
    Mexico
    Full Name:
    Rod C
  17. mcw

mcw Karting

Aug 10, 2008
    Dents are worth adding to consideration here. For driving cars with hard steering wheels, or open cars in cold air, I use a pair of Dents "Badminton" model of handsewn cashmere lined deerskin with quirks and points. https://us.dentsgloves.com/

18. wildrnesxperienc

Apr 9, 2022
    Los Angeles, CA
    Yes I looked at them but they were sold out

19. Redneck Slim

Redneck Slim Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 10, 2011
    Palo Alto,CA,USA
    Full Name:
    Walt Kimball
    Pratt & Hart,Silverstone RS 6738. I need gloves so that the perspiration on my palms from driving with the top down in warm or hot weather doesn't get on the wheel. These gloves are very light sheepskin with lots of vent holes,and they are only $30-35.

Dave Bertrand likes this.
  20. tantumaude

tantumaude Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2016
    Burlington, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mat
    I got a pair of stringback riding gloves a few years ago when I had an Alfa with a wood wheel. On hot days I'd just be sliding on it. Any equestrian place should have them, <$50

21. Edward 96GTS

Edward 96GTS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    i bought a pair of jim clark brand.

22. clonmeliw

clonmeliw Karting

Aug 27, 2016
    Tulsa, OK
    Full Name:
    Jeff Fischer
    Engelmuller (https://www.engelmuller.com) ... handmade in Prague from lambskin in retro styles (Von Trips, Clark, Brabham, Siffert, Rosemeyer, etc..)

23. Dave Bertrand

Dave Bertrand Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 24, 2005
    Castle Rock, CO
    I bought a pair of those last year, and I second the recommendation. They are very supple and fit like a second skin. After a year they are still not showing any wear. If they fell apart today I would buy them again in a New York minute.

https://www.amazon.com/Pratt-Hart-Traditional-Leather-Driving/dp/B003UO9YIW/ref=sr_1_24?crid=JROOAXKC9S8W&keywords=Pratt+and+Hart+RS6738&qid=1661868025&sprefix=pratt+and+hart+rs6738%2Caps%2C243&sr=8-24