F8 - Novitec Switchtronic | FerrariChat

F8 Novitec Switchtronic

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by premierminister, Sep 14, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. premierminister

Mar 8, 2013
    Germany
    Cigarzman likes this.
  2. Dicecal

Dicecal Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Rob
    I’m assuming there has to be some experience with this by now? Have you asked Sean @ Tag? Curious as well....

3. axlesofevil

axlesofevil Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 14, 2012
    San Diego, CA
  4. Cigarzman

Cigarzman F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Same here as well. If it works they should be able to sell a ton of them. These cars need some help in that department.

JanStuart likes this.
  5. Plife

Plife Karting

Oct 6, 2021
    USA
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Bump. Is this hard to dyi install and has anyone got cel from it?

6. Dicecal

Dicecal Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Installed on my car with no issues or CEL, remote controller and push button work as advertised. Need to have the updated Novitec Techtronic to keep the CELs out. Install is a PITA because the back end of the car needs to come off including the bumper cover.

Plife likes this.
  7. Plife

Plife Karting

Oct 6, 2021
    USA
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Damn so u need tectronic anyway? Might as well just do the whole exhaust then

8. Dicecal

Dicecal Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Yes and Novitec now includes the Techtronic module when you purchase the switchtronic, albeit at a higher price now.

Plife likes this.
  9. Plife

Plife Karting

Oct 6, 2021
    USA
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Good to know. Sounds like either leave it stock or just do the whole shebang. Its crazy how complex this car is
    I know porsche has actually started using much more porous gpf on the 22’ cars (like 992 gt3 and newer gt4) which are louder and sound better. If ferrari went this route on the newer cars also i might actually be ok with stock long term. But im a little trigger happy with exhaust mods so its going to be hard to not uncork a turbo car. Lol especially if a stupid valve controller needs an obd piggyback