F8 Spider | Page 46 | FerrariChat

F8 Spider

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Adamas, Apr 8, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Chizz

Chizz Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 21, 2017
    Atlanta
    IM STUCK IN FREAKING CUSTOMS!!!!! My wife is sick of the whole thing. She said don’t say the word Ferrari to her again.
    This is me every Friday at my dealer!

Attached Files:

tomc, polishhammer83, Boots and 2 others like this.
  2. Cigarzman

Cigarzman F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

LMAO ! We’ve all been there. I hope you get your rig soon. It’s gonna pass I promise . It always does. Best , Kirk.

Chizz likes this.
  3. xBox

xBox Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2018
    The Emerald Isle
    Lol!!!! I think they all get to that place.

I think the prospect of another spec/build process annoyed my wife more than the fact I ordered another car when I collected the F8.

GT2goneF, Chizz and jm2 like this.
  4. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Don't pay a premium for something anyone can order. You can find a low mileage car at or below msrp. 1000 miles or 0 miles. No difference.

Sent from my SM-G930F using FerrariChat.com mobile app

5. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    LOL!

6. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    I don't think Spiders will be dropped as easily as the Coupe. Remember, it is a significantly longer waiting period. Finding one preowned in the dealership will also be hiked up. Only possible way to get one now is with some sort or premium. Only way to avoid it is waiting, probably for a long time.

Chizz likes this.
  7. jordanfsl

jordanfsl Formula Junior

Dec 11, 2010
    Los Angeles
    Dealers do quietly move these between customers, but not update the system for the ownership change for 6 months or whatever. I know of one that went about 20k over. That’s obviously just due to the lack of cars on the ground, I don’t think anyone expects F8 Spiders to stay that strong for much longer.

GT2goneF likes this.
  8. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    Depends on how many get delivered and how soon the owners get done with them. Numbers will be higher than Coupe.

9. jordanfsl

jordanfsl Formula Junior

Dec 11, 2010
    Los Angeles
    It will be interesting as there is no obvious “next” Ferrari product for many F8 Spider owners. The SF is way further upmarket, and LB will just be a different vehicle with the V6.

might be a longer term keeper for many owners than typical. Now if the aftermarket can just easily boost the exhaust note....

Chizz and GT2goneF like this.
  10. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    In addition to... For me, this is it. I will likely only go parallel in year different model (812) or back (F12, 458), not forward.

Autolove and Chizz like this.
  11. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    They are currently flying off the line in Maranello.

Here's what I'd do. Rather than wasting money on a premium for a car you did nit spec for yourself, do the following. Get a mid mileage 488 to use while you wait. Then spec an F8 like you want it.

This might end up being both cheaper and it will get you exactly what you want.

tomc and GT2goneF like this.
  12. Chad Lewis

Chad Lewis Rookie

Sep 3, 2020
    I ordered my F8 Spider 9/14/20 and paid the required deposit. I was supposed to have an allocation in January, but still my build has yet to be taken to my knowledge. I have countless calls to my rep over the days and months to no avail. Is this normal? Any advice to a first timer would greatly be appreciated.

GT2goneF likes this.
  13. carz80am

carz80am Formula Junior

Sep 23, 2015
    Northern Virginia/DC
    F8 spiders will stay stong for a while. F8 coupes are still strong. My $351k msrp F8 with 1500 miles just sold for over $370k. I had some stuff(wheels, exhaust, lowered) done to it, but normally that doesn't increase the value. My spider showed up a couple weeks ago, ordered back in Sept/Oct. Dealers aren't getting as many allocations as they thought they would, I think it'll be a while before they catch up.

GT2goneF likes this.
  14. wthensler

wthensler F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2015
    Gator Country, FL
    Full Name:
    William
    #1139 wthensler, Apr 15, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2021
    I placed an order in mid-December after testing one at the Festival of Speeds at Jekyll Island. But.......I have no where to put it until I finish our new digs, so I'm not in a hurry. For now, I'm enjoying the 458.

I'm told 18 months out - not sure if that's from time of deposit or allocation - and I can get an allocation once they receive another batch from the factory. I may do it 'at risk', knowing I may have to rent storage for a bit.

Meanwhile, I've seen 4 spiders up close, including a demo and two fully loaded ones this past weekend. A big help to see in person, and it's already swayed my decision, mostly on finishes.

What I've noticed is there's a lot more plastic outside than on the 458, and going full CF can drive the spec close to or above $400k. I think some areas of this car need something other than the standard black plastic. A shame Ferrari would use such inferior materials which IMO look awful, unless you go with black or a very dark color.

15. Chad Lewis

Chad Lewis Rookie

Sep 3, 2020
    Originally, my dealer rep said I should take delivery in October 21 (approx. 12-13 mo.) and chances are it will be the next model year..2022. I was told they received 0 allocations for the month of March, which never happened to them. They said my build should be next, but I am skeptical. He was supposed to call me today to discuss, but crickets. I am no real hurry either, but between my wife up my you no what wondering why our money is tied up and no real communication from dealer I am just a bit bothered and perplexed.

16. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    My guess is that your dealer is pushing others in front of you.

You could simply say that you are thinking about not doing it, as the wait spoils the experience.

That sometimes give them a bit more scoot in the boot.

17. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    Normal... Dealer is as blind as you are to when the allocation will be taken into production. They just get the status when is starts.

18. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    I agree that others may be pushed in front but nearly impossible to prove. However, I disagree with threatening o even suggesting to cancel the allocation as a means to "accelerate things. They couldn't care less. What you may end up doing losing the allocation, getting your money back and not getting the car you want. suggest you wait like @wthensler. It is part of the experience. It sucks but it is worth it. It is all part of what I like to call the Ferrari S&M Experience.

Spider68, polishhammer83 and Chizz like this.
  19. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
  20. bwshihtzu

bwshihtzu Formula Junior

Mar 22, 2014
    Arizona
  21. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    I'm not saying that you should threaten to leave, I'm just saying that it is worth mentioning to the dealer that the constant pushing the schedule is having a negative effect, and that you think they can do better. Be demanding, you're a paying customer!
    Remember that Ferrari dealers in the US have been instructed by Maranello to not deny new clients allocations for new cars like they used to, and not to mess with the schedules.
    So they cannot exactly say "we don't care", because it might come back to bite them in the ass, if Ferrari contacted both the dealer and client to learn why the order was pulled.
    Ferrari exist for you as a client, it's not the other way around. Don't play into the old games.

Boots likes this.
  22. Chad Lewis

Chad Lewis Rookie

Sep 3, 2020
    Just called my dealer rep after I did not hear from him today as promised. Apparently, I am 1 of 25 others inquiring about the status of their orders. Apparently, Italy has big problems and he is suppose to be sitting down with his GM and call the waiting orders/customers tomorrow. Certainly, do not feel good about the vibe I received.

23. ScottS

ScottS F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 2, 2004
    Winter Park
    Full Name:
    Scott S
    My order seems stagnant also. Was told the issue is. It the dealer. I buy a bunch of cars from them so I’m more likely to accept this explanation. Of course if I were a dealer I would say we are I this together against the company. And I’m trying for you.

In the meantime I’ll
    Play with my other cars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GT2goneF likes this.
  24. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    I think many of us suffer from AADS (“Automotive Attention Deficit Syndrome”). There is initial excitement, slap down deposit, play with configuration and research different specs and options here on FChat...and then sit back and wait...and wait.
    *cue Jeopardy show theme music*
    And as the months roll on the roving eye of Sauron starts scanning the horizon, searching..AADS kicks in....and we even start to contemplate McLarens, and (horror) Lambos.
    Meh.