Mondial/308 EFI Conversion? | FerrariChat

Mondial/308 EFI Conversion?

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by 85MondialQV, Apr 16, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 85MondialQV

85MondialQV Karting

Feb 20, 2021
    Full Name:
    Matt Drake
    I got an 85 Mondial and really tired of the Bosch system. I know there are tons of things on the internet talking about EFI conversations. I need help getting starting or find a full build thread. I’ve heard of people doing Toyota Tundra coil on plug with throttle by wire. Or Nick Forza’s conversion. I like the idea of Tundra coil on plug for the sake of parts. Any ideas or where to even start would help out a lot. Thanks!!

Reasons for converting is reliability. I know once the Bosch is tuned well there run good. But I want the power of EFI, reliability, simplicity, parts, tuning, power increase with getting better mpg. I like to take long long drives.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

2. WaltP

WaltP Formula 3

Nov 1, 2003
    Cape Canaveral/Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Walt P
    I have absolutely no idea if this will help you or not, hopefully there is something in there that can help you, it's a long read.
    Good luck!
    F355 coil-on-plug conversion
    Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by jeffdavison, Oct 23, 2004.

3. 85MondialQV

85MondialQV Karting

Feb 20, 2021
    Full Name:
    Matt Drake
    No results

4. 85MondialQV

85MondialQV Karting

Feb 20, 2021
    Full Name:
    Matt Drake
    Found it. I’ll read through it. Not sure how much it will help but worth the read. Thanks!!

5. andy2175m4@yahoo.com

[email protected] Formula Junior

Dec 7, 2008
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    Andy Rein
    are you still working on a Mondial EFI conversion ? I am still working on a 308 GTSi to Holley EFI conversion

6. Scott98

Scott98 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2004
    Weston, FL
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Check the Car Wizard’s channel on YouTube. He did something similar with his 308. Has several videos on it.

7. 85MondialQV

85MondialQV Karting

Feb 20, 2021
    Full Name:
    Matt Drake
    I’ll update tonight. It’s awesome!!!

8. raemin

raemin Formula 3

Jan 16, 2007
    Lyon (FR)
    Full Name:
    R. Emin
    K-jet works quite well when properly dialed, it's the conservative camshaft that makes the engine less revy. If it were not for polution concern, the k-jet could really make it do with more overlap (I've added 4° on my 400i). So unless you upgrade the timing, the EFI upgrade will not yield significant benefits.

To answer your question, Kjet Killers (https://kjetkillers.pl/en_US/index) could be your friends: their mercedes v8 kit would be a good starting point for the Ferrari.

9. RayJohns

RayJohns F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 21, 2006
    West Coast
    Full Name:
    Ray
    Nothing makes you miss a carbureted motor like tuning EFI :)

Ray

10. 85MondialQV

85MondialQV Karting

Feb 20, 2021
    Full Name:
    Matt Drake
    Ok here is build list. I called Aaron at ATS Racing and he built me a full EFI kit for my Mondial QV. Told him my issue and he made it happen. Sent him a few parts to retro fit. List was intake plenum for injectors and fuel rails, cam cover, crank pulley, coolant neck, and throttle body for TPS. It was the best thing I ever did. He built the harness and I’m using EMU Classic ECU. He sent me a base tune and I drove the car data logging everything on my labtop. Sent him the logs via email then he sent me back a perfect tune. Best mod I ever did on any vehicle. Aarons the best around. He’s builts and tunes EFI kits for Ferraris and others. He has a 600hp Turbo 308s, Mondials, MR2s ect ect. Now my QV runs like a champ and loves high RPMs. And it’s all run off wideband O2 sensors and self tunes on fly. My father has a carbed 308 and it has better throttle response than his and it’s night and day compared to the K-Jet system. Hit up Aaron at ATS Racing out of Texas. You won’t regret it!!

Here he is and his 308.

11. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
    Another ++++ for Aaron. My car is over there right now for other things, and if I had the cash I'd get mine hotrodded too.