First Ferrari - First 308QV - What did I do? | Page 5 | FerrariChat

First Ferrari - First 308QV - What did I do?

Discussion in '308/328' started by Big Swole, Jul 22, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Big Swole

Big Swole Karting

Jun 20, 2020
    Metro Atlanta Area
    Full Name:
    David
    Just a quick vid of it being cleaned and after blown dry.

2. Big Swole

Big Swole Karting

Jun 20, 2020
    Metro Atlanta Area
    Full Name:
    David
    Full 13 min. Walk Around Video and Photo Shoot of the car today. (31:30 long).

3. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    Wow - lightning fast windows... Very nice!

4. bjwhite

bjwhite F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Brian White
    The QV is the best looking of all of the 3x8 variants (minus the GT4 which is my favorite 308). The thing sure photographs well with those 16" wheels and the european bumpers. Congrats.

Big Swole likes this.
  5. wfu97

wfu97 Karting

Jul 15, 2018
    North Carolina USA
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Big Swole,

I guess I'm following you over here from Rennlist. Just sold my 997.2 turbo and bought an 86 328 GTS. I guess what they say about always wanting the cars from your childhood is true. The 997 was fun, but I never really loved it. Mostly just lurked over on Rennlist, but hoping to participate more over here. Always appreciated your RL posts and it looks like you've jumped in with both feet over here. Will post pics when the car finally arrives (hopefully next week).

- Scott

Big Swole likes this.
  6. Big Swole

Big Swole Karting

Jun 20, 2020
    Metro Atlanta Area
    Full Name:
    David

Awesome Scott!!!

I LOVE 928's!! Esp. the GTS. In fact that was one of my child hood dream cars and my favorite Porsche of all time back then. So guess what my first Porsche was?? lol. A 1984 928S. Unfortunately it had a few issues that needed handled and I wasn't in a spot to put a lot of money into it. Always wanted another though. Maybe someday.

Yes, please post pics here and over on RL.

I do love this 308. It does something to me that my other cars / past cars can't. However I did miss my TTS so bad I already bought another (2017 991.2 TTS). So I have both for right now. Bad thing is, I'll more than like have to part with something sooner than later. I have way too much tied up in vehicles right now with my 4 rides. lol

Thanks for following and posting. I love to share the journey and love watching others do the same.

7. Big Swole

Big Swole Karting

Jun 20, 2020
    Metro Atlanta Area
    Full Name:
    David
    Did another 250 miles in the 308 today. Such awesome weather for top off driving.

tazz99 likes this.
  8. Big Swole

Big Swole Karting

Jun 20, 2020
    Metro Atlanta Area
    Full Name:
    David
    Pics from a few drives ago. Friend shot them. Thought they were nice.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. Big Swole

Big Swole Karting

Jun 20, 2020
    Metro Atlanta Area
    Full Name:
    David
  10. Rosey

Rosey F1 Rookie

Nov 5, 2015
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Mark R
    You should relate the story here of why you sold it buddy and the thought process.

It would be a great full stop to your ownership experience in this great thread... on a great car.

Big Swole likes this.
  11. Big Swole

Big Swole Karting

Jun 20, 2020
    Metro Atlanta Area
    Full Name:
    David

You're right. I was in a hurry when I posted that.
    Here's what I put on the other 308 thread.

Long story short, I LOVED the 308 and SO wished I didn't need to sell it.
    Shortly after I traded my 2012 Porsche Turbo S for the 308, I knew I still wanted a Porsche Turbo
    So I decided I'd buy another and try to keep both. I ended up getting a loan on my now current 2017 991.2 (911) Turbo S.
    I've had both since Sept. 2020. I could have continued to just keep both, but I needed to start thinking more about saving more for retirement.
    So I decided since the Turbo is a year round car for me, it was going to be the keeper. I'm so hot natured, driving the 308 in the Spring / Summer here
    is just too uncomfortable due to me sweating so much. The AC works great but just not great enough for me. lol. Plus, the 308 is simply a Top OFF car
    for me. Too much fun with the top off, so the Fall and Winter here was great for me.

Nothing is going to make me feel great about selling, but it did pretty well on BAT. I'll kick myself many many times in the future for selling I'm sure.
    I'm trying not to think about it really. I appreciate everyone's input, support, help, and understanding over this last year.

David

Rosey likes this.