Have you all seen the prices on 308’s | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Have you all seen the prices on 308’s

Discussion in '308/328' started by Banzairacer, Apr 14, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. AZDoug

AZDoug Formula 3

Jun 17, 2009
    Along the Verde , AZ
    Full Name:
    Doug
    FWIW, the Corvette C1/C2/C3 group is very decent, nice and helpful. And older, except for the C3 group which is a 20 something to 60 something group, because the cars are considerably less expensive. C1/C2 owners tend towards 50-80 something years old, with a few younger guys thrown in that can afford a car that starts at ~$40K for a car that needs everything done to it to even make it safely drivable.

The snark and A**holes tend to congregate in the C8/C7/C6/C5 group, a lot of them are insufferable, and you would swear some of them are sociopathic teenagers living in moms basement, but they aren't.

Doug

308inSD and Rosey like this.
  2. Big Swole

Big Swole Karting

Jun 20, 2020
    Metro Atlanta Area
    Full Name:
    David
    Thank you very much!
    I do hope to own another Fcar (maybe 308 / 328) someday.
    I plan to stay around and check in for sure!
    Thanks again for the support!

David

Rosey likes this.
  3. TurtleFarmer

TurtleFarmer Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 13, 2020
    Full Name:
    Jason S
    @Big Swole Another simple option now that you've freed up all that capital from your top end 308: pick up a low end 308. Altho it certainly won't be as nice and definitely won't be as powerful as the one you just sold, you can get a "beater" 308 for $30-40K. You already know all the ins and outs of the model, so unlikely to get something that'll disintegrate on you six months down the road. And when you're ready to sell, you'll just get the same money back out again.

Just like sticking the money in the bank, with a bit higher annual fee (registration, insurance + consumables). But you're never gonna smile from ear-to-ear when you go to the bank...

308inSD, Rosey and Big Swole like this.
  4. TurtleFarmer

TurtleFarmer Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 13, 2020
    Full Name:
    Jason S
    Doug, that's fair. Having owned my C1 since 1992, I was involved in the early forums and then kinda dropped out in the 2010 time frame, generally finding that they weren't providing the kind of support and advice that would keep me coming back. Maybe time to revisit :)

5. Big Swole

Big Swole Karting

Jun 20, 2020
    Metro Atlanta Area
    Full Name:
    David
    Definitely one way to think about it. However, the goal is to reduce my loan, if not pay it off, by the sale of my 308. If I was going to add another car, I should have just kept this one and kept working OT to pay the high Turbo payment.

On the other hand, maybe in the future that'll be an option just have that awesome 308 experience. Thank you for the idea and support!

6. rob

rob F1 Rookie

May 22, 2002
    Vt
    Where are the beater 308's for 30 to 40k?

Big Swole likes this.
  7. TurtleFarmer

TurtleFarmer Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 13, 2020
    Full Name:
    Jason S
    Ha...well there's one sitting in my driveway.... :)

8. Rosey

Rosey F1 Rookie

Nov 5, 2015
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Mark R
    Come back to me when a 2017 Porsche 911 Turbo S is worth around $260,000 in your money !!!

You guys have it too easy. :)

2017 Porsche 911 Turbo S 991 Auto AWD MY17

991 MY17 Turbo S Cabriolet 2dr PDK 7sp AWD 3.8TT Targa, coupe and cabriolet 911 and 911 Carrera models are the backbone of Porsche. The six-cylinder, rear-mounted boxer-engined range offers seven-speed manual or automated-manual PDK transmissions and the choice of rear or all-wheel drive. The range extends from the base 272kW/450Nm 3.0-litre 911 Carrera and 309kW/500Nm Carrera S to the 397kW/660Nm 3.8-litre Turbo, and to the mighty AWD Turbo S version that winds out 427kW/700Nm. Then there's the no-compromise 4.0-litre 911 R with prodigious normally-aspirated outputs of 368kW/460Nm.

Price when new (EGC) ^
    $477,700

Private price guide **
    $330,200 - $355,100

Big Swole likes this.
  9. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    We french people usually bicker about anything and everything; remember Cocteau's quote "a Frenchman is an Italian in bad mood"...
    But whenever I read about sportscar prices in Australia, I feel I am the one living in the magical land of OZ...this level of prices is Madness.

Rgds

Rosey likes this.
  10. Big Swole

Big Swole Karting

Jun 20, 2020
    Metro Atlanta Area
    Full Name:
    David
    That's crazy!!! Didn't know there was such a difference in pricing in other countries.

I got lucky to get mine for $140k

Rosey likes this.
  11. Kidasters

Kidasters Formula Junior

Oct 4, 2013
    Houston, Tx
    Full Name:
    Ken
  12. JC Andruet

JC Andruet Karting

Jan 16, 2013
    Kidasters likes this.
  13. Kidasters

Kidasters Formula Junior

Oct 4, 2013
    Houston, Tx
    Full Name:
    Ken
    Ya, just depends on what you want.

Also - like most cars, was it taken care of? Was all the right maintenance done? I'd take a well sorted 308 over an abused 360 or 430.

Rosey likes this.