360 - Gated market craziness | FerrariChat

360 Gated market craziness

Discussion in '360/430' started by FerRrari, Apr 9, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. FerRrari

FerRrari Formula 3

Jan 11, 2009
    WA
    Full Name:
    Fernando
  2. ScudMarks

ScudMarks Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 22, 2018
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Matthew Mauer
    That is a stunning combo. Will be interested if we ever learn the final sales price.

anunakki and FerRrari like this.
  3. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    Yeah I watched them go from around $90-110k to $125k+ in the last few months. Cheapest manual 430 is 199k ask at a McLaren dealer, others well over $200k now.

4. basscase415

basscase415 Karting

Jun 10, 2017
    CA
    It's a beauty and I dig the sport seats. But $200k and still has sticky parts. . . give me a break.

5. avi

avi Rookie

Oct 5, 2020
    The mclaren one has paint work and some story hence it’s still there.
    This one is very highly priced. I have one red black manual coupe with 4K miles. Wonder what is that worth .

6. FerRrari

FerRrari Formula 3

Jan 11, 2009
    WA
    Full Name:
    Fernando
  7. Topace

Topace Karting

Apr 2, 2021
    Omaha ne
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    Truly sad the manuals are gone forever. Was at the dealer and the salesman was telling me no one wanted a manual. I want one lol just something about shifting gears ⚙️.

one4torque likes this.
  8. Zanny1

Zanny1 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 19, 2003
    Arizona
    Full Name:
    Mike
  9. Topace

Topace Karting

Apr 2, 2021
    Omaha ne
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    Yes that is a nice gated 6 speed 360 spider low miles and books of services records belts just done also

10. Topace

Topace Karting

Apr 2, 2021
    Omaha ne
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    Well it sold for $104,500 hands down the gated 6 speed and paperwork helped that sale

11. FerRrari

FerRrari Formula 3

Jan 11, 2009
    WA
    Full Name:
    Fernando
    The BaT car wasn’t a particularly good spec and I don’t think the no brand “titanium” exhaust helped. I would say the car is a good indication of where the bottom of the market is for gated cars.

anunakki likes this.
  12. one4torque

one4torque F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2018
    Houston
    Full Name:
    One4torque
    Blue top? Not best spec. Good money for gated.

13. Topace

Topace Karting

Apr 2, 2021
    Omaha ne
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    Ok I would like to hear from you guys how much is a gated 6 speed Worth more the a F1 same cars just one is gated and the other is F1

14. one4torque

one4torque F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2018
    Houston
    Full Name:
    One4torque
    10-25k depending on mlg and spec...

heck a mint properly spec 500 mile gated car might command 50$k more...

Gl with your search.

I do believe the gap will increase over time.

Topace, Dewinator and FerRrari like this.
  15. Stev-o

Stev-o Karting

Sep 18, 2020
    Central Texas
    Full Name:
    Stev-o de Italiano!
  16. Sj_engr

Sj_engr Formula 3

Sep 15, 2020
    San Jose
    Full Name:
    dc
    Well PNW (Seattle/Portland) is a mess.

Topace likes this.
  17. FerRrari

FerRrari Formula 3

Jan 11, 2009
    WA
    Full Name:
    Fernando
    ROFL

Topace likes this.
  18. Jms15

Jms15 Karting

Jun 1, 2011
    manhattan
  19. Topace

Topace Karting

Apr 2, 2021
    Omaha ne
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    There is huge difference manual vs driving a paddle shifting car. Just about everything from a Benz to Kia have paddle. If it’s about the driving experience there is just something about shifting gears. My mercedes metris cargo van has paddles on it . Manual for life..

anunakki and Dewinator like this.
  20. AEROBUFF

AEROBUFF Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 1, 2019
    The updated Hagerty values came out on May 1. It is interesting the that Base (Modena) does not have the option to value a gated car. It just has a note that says +33% for the 6 speed. The Spider has the options for "Spider" and "Spider F1". The gated Spiders took a significant jump in value between Jan 2021 and May 2021. This seems to make sense based on recent BaT sales and asking prices online. Hagerty has a #1 condition gated at about 47% more than a comparable F1. The coupe values actually dropped a little according to Hagerty. I find it hard to believe that the gated coupe is 33% more than a comparable F1 coupe while the Spider is 47% more. For comparison Hagerty has the values for the Coupe F1 and Spider F1 within $1000 of each other for each condition.

21. clean512

clean512 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 4, 2010
    Full Name:
    Josh @jtcarprojects
    Its only Wirth what someone will pay

Caphill likes this.
  22. AEROBUFF

AEROBUFF Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 1, 2019
    I agree they are only worth what someone will pay, but that is not very helpful for establishing an insurance value.

I'll also point one that someone currently looking for a gated car will probably use websites like Hagerty to set a price range. That will lead them to the conclusion that spiders are worth more than the coupes. I do not believe that gated spiders are significantly more valuable than gated coupes based on the comparison of the F1 values on the Hagerty website. The value increase given to spiders because of production numbers seems to be offset by the expense of maintaining the convertible top. This type of information will change what buyers are willing to spend. It's also interesting that Hagerty has a separate option for the spider F1 and the spider gated while the coupes are all lumped together.

The values I pointed out look more like a lack of information to establish a value than an actual current state of the market. Using BaT as an example of the 13 360s sold so far in 2021: 10 were spiders (six were gated), 2 were coupes (zero were gated), and 1 was a Challenge Race car. I know there are other places with sales data, so maybe they are different. I am also not saying that the ad linked in the OP reflects current values. I think that price is absolutely crazy, but for all of the gated owners I hope they get it. So saying that they are worth what someone will pay is a little misleading if people are establishing that worth based on incomplete or outdated information.

clean512 and Topace like this.
  23. Topace

Topace Karting

Apr 2, 2021
    Omaha ne
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    2001 360 spider gated
    Current Values
    • #1 Concours$124,000
    • #2 Excellent$106,000
    • #3 Good$93,600
    • #4 Fair$79,600
    2001 360 spider F1
    Current Values

• #1 Concours$84,200
    • #2 Excellent$75,900
    • #3 Good$66,700
    • #4 Fair$56,500
    It’s easy to find a F1 but the gated even know they are out there they just command a high price and I think it’s only going up as the white one owned by a body shop with full repaint net I thinks 117k the last two I seen both ended up in the 110k range. I think the value numbers are about 5-10k low. If anyone wants a gated super bad. I would sell mine for the right price.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

one4torque and AEROBUFF like this.
  24. AEROBUFF

AEROBUFF Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 1, 2019
    I agree with @Topace and I think the Hagerty values are a little behind. The white one on BaT sold for $117k, so when you factor in the fee it was $122k. I would not put a color change repaint in the #1 category.

Topace and EastMemphis like this.