Tail light wiring harness connectors | FerrariChat

Tail light wiring harness connectors

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by mexicruiser, Apr 16, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. mexicruiser

mexicruiser Karting

Aug 28, 2012
    Full Name:
    Jon
    So the BBi is missing the tail light harness that extends past the rear wheel well across the bonnet, I will fabricate a new one but need the plastic connectors, a six prong and the 4 three prong. does anybody know a source to find these? I do not want to cut the originals off the main harness and the taillights which are all ok.

2. pshoejberg

pshoejberg Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 22, 2007
    Denmark
    Full Name:
    Peter H
  3. mexicruiser

mexicruiser Karting

Aug 28, 2012
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Ok, but will these be compatible with the stock connectors on the tail lights? The idea is to keep the stock ones.

4. pshoejberg

pshoejberg Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 22, 2007
    Denmark
    Full Name:
    Peter H
    #4 pshoejberg, Apr 17, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2021
    The 6.3 mm connectors you buy now a days are compatible with your original connectors but their physical appearance can differ slightly. Best thing is to compare directly from your originals to pictures on sellers website. Ferrari maranello UK has a very limited stock of NOS harnesses for the BBi so check with them before you start to produce your own stuff. I bought two complete front light harnesses from them for a very fair price but had to change out the outer sleeve that had become hard like stone after 40 years in stock.

Best, Peter

This is the 6.3 mm original connector:
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

This is an example of a newly fabricated 6.3 mm connector used in a application for one of my other cars:

Image Unavailable, Please Login

5. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    southwest germany and thailand
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    those connectors every bosch dealer in germany has them. don´t know how it is in the US?
    also some car part stores have them in europe

pshoejberg likes this.