Hamilton deserves more respect | Page 9 | FerrariChat

Hamilton deserves more respect

Discussion in 'F1' started by Natkingcolebasket69, Mar 28, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

I honestly don’t get why it always goes there. I’m starting to think that the hate for Hamilton has nothing to do with his driving skills or style. More that people struggle to accept that different eras do different things. Doesn’t mean this era is better than senna’s and it doesn’t mean that personally I see Hamilton as good as the legend of the past etc but it’s what it is!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

william, Boomhauer and paulchua like this.
  2. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Agreed, It's hard to rate a driver across different epochs.

3. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    IT is, comparing him to his current peers is a lot easyer, i know no one rates Jenson or Rosberg that were able to match Elton in the same car, Michael, Prost, Senna or Piquet would have surely trashed them, and that is why i'm not able to give much credit to Elton. As i said before, in his mclaren days, when his car was not the best in the field he was more often than not banging wheels with a post injury Massa. Alonso whom i strongly dislike was able to extract much from some less competitive Ferraris, Elton could not do the same with Mclaren, he could pull some wins becaus etehre were circuits were the car performed very well, but i'm convinced he's not the kind of driver that can surpass his car limitations, i saw Alonso do it, Michael lots of times, Alesi, Prost, etc, etc, not elton.

4. Natkingcolebasket69

Bur that’s the thing, I’m sorry to tell u but u live in the past. U can’t compare eras. Do I think u are right and he is not as good as those guys? Absolutely but that is not his era not who he had to face.
    We all age, we have our time... heck even Schumacher wasn’t his peak self when he came back. It’s just life.

5. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    #205 william, Apr 16, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2021

I think the reason is that some people still don't subscribe to the notion of diversity.

The same happens in everyday life, in politics, in the arts, at work, in sports, etc ...

Hamilton is resented by some, as a trespasser in F1; since they cannot deny his success, they attack his character (see post #183 for example).

6. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    That's true. Overall I agree with your post. However, we would have never known about the last part. Imagine if testing was unlimited, Michael would have different results. That was his greatest asset. Just speculating of course.

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  7. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    If Verstappen confirms to be a real danger to Hamilton this year, then we will quickly see Lewis’s media reactions. He now considers that his domination is by divine right. In case of real danger, his true nature will quickly appear in the eyes of the public.
    Ps: Supporters of the new ideology will destroy all forms of debate. I hope that most of the participants in this forum realize this?

8. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Careful now William. You're insinuating that I think Lewis doesn't belong in F1 for what reason exactly? At least have the balls to quote my post.

stavura, furoni and Nortonious like this.
  9. Natkingcolebasket69

I guess that’s true. People may not like his dress code, his point of views but in his era& with the cards he was dealt with he is just the best overall.

If I reflect on the people that I do not know and grew to dislike (I.e athletes for instance) what does that truly bring me? Personally nothing! U can dislike Hamilton, Stroll all you want at the end of the day they have a great life and they could care less about the negative...sure it’s part of sport to have a vilain but it seems some dislike Hamilton almost in an unhealthy way. It’s just a sport at the end of the day guys.

I mean I do wish he had a more competitive #2 but Mercedes chose to have a house in order to win and that has worked.

Terra, william and Boomhauer like this.
  10. Natkingcolebasket69

Yes agreed, but keep in mind he was older, had a nasty neck injury & maybe he had lost a little bit of his win at all costs attitude... with age come wisdom.
    Still to this day Senna’s 93 Donnington race and Schumacher 96 in Barcelona are marvel of races which when I watched those an irrefutable truth imposed itself to me which was that those guys were speciall and that their greatness were once in a lifetime kind of thing.

Remy Zero and Bas like this.
  11. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    No friend, the problem has moved elsewhere and it is absolutely not healthy. Under the pretext of external considerations, criticism of a personality will become impossible. After all, this is a forum on F1 and people have every right to hate the public representation of a driver. What is taking place today is a form of self-censorship that does not say its name.

kes7u, furoni and Bas like this.
  12. Natkingcolebasket69

Ok but why do we have to venture and talk about anything else aside his race craft?:))

william and Boomhauer like this.
  13. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet

Because there is no competition since years.

furoni and Bas like this.
  14. Natkingcolebasket69

Well seems that this year is different. Red Bull seems equally good. Once again his qualification today shows his RACING talent deserves more respect.

Terra and ktu like this.
  15. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    To shut up the critics, Hamilton posted his 99th Pole Position today.

Terra, Natkingcolebasket69 and ktu like this.
  16. Mark(study)

Mark(study) F1 Veteran

Oct 13, 2001
    Clearwater, FL
    Full Name:
    Mark
    #216 Mark(study), Apr 17, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2021
    I love when guys try to compare Hamilton to past great drivers in an effort to say Hamilton just doesn't have that special ability to drive the car beyond its capabilities, develop the car..... on an on.

What makes it funny is Hamilton is so good you have to compare him to groups of other legendary drivers because no single driver can touch his accomplishments! Congratulations Lewis for your 99th pole today! Puts you ahead of this pack of F1 legends combined 98 poles when it comes to F1 career achievements.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

*List includes where driver won their first pole in F1

17. Natkingcolebasket69

And his teammate was dead in the boonies...
    So to me at a very minimum means that the merc and red Bull seem equal and he is for now the best . That simple

Terra, ktu and william like this.
  18. 355TDI

355TDI Karting

Feb 1, 2019
    London
    Full Name:
    Immat Wings
    Verstappen was 0.5 secs ahead of Hamilton in Final Practice and Sir Lewis delivered when it mattered. With Bottas down in 8th it shows you how good that was by Hamilton.

Look out for the Ferrari’s tomorrow, their race pace was on par with the leaders in free practice.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

19. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    HAM delivered today and since the field is so close now, when Bottas is down a few tenths, he won’t be automatically 2nd anymore.

Ferrari added downforce to help keep the soft tires alive tomorrow and they won’t be doing much overtaking so not too good for Sainz given his poor track position.

Natkingcolebasket69 and jpalmito like this.
  20. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    I have to say Hamilton is pretty impressive since the beginning.
    He delivered more than expected in Bahreïn and here in Imola.
    Bottas will be a costly choice for the WCC.

21. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    And last race it was Max P1 and his teammate not even making it to Q3.

I think there's little in it between the RBR and Merc. Max was held up by Stroll on his first Q3 run apparently (didn't see it myself). Second run ran wide (saw a yellow sector 1). **** happens.

22. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

Red Bull has the best car now, and 2 fast drivers, so no more excuse for not delivering.

23. NeuroBeaker

NeuroBeaker Advising Moderator

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    I don't see anything in Post #183 that suggests the author opposes diversity in F1, although it is clear he dislikes Hamilton's character.

All the best,
    Andrew.

ingegnere likes this.
  24. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Yes, the car that won the last race and has pole for today, is not the fastest. I now see how your logic works and arrive at bizarre conclusions.

The Red Bull and Mercedes are both clearly top of the field. But to say 1 is faster than the other with absolute certainty is impossible. The Mercedes has looked much better than it did in Bahrain. Very comfortable in direction change, under braking, acceleration, everywhere.

ingegnere likes this.
  25. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    Mercedes winning the last GP and taking pole today owes more to Hamilton's skill than car superiority.

Now the Red Bull is faster than the Mercedes which is hampered by the new aero rules.

It's only Hamilton's talent that allows him to overcome the handicap that affects all cars with low-rake configuration.

Terra likes this.