F355 Market | Page 225 | FerrariChat

F355 Market

Discussion in '348/355' started by Robb, May 19, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 32 Ford

32 Ford Karting

Jan 31, 2021
    vancouver
    Full Name:
    Mike McGowan
    I missed out on a few Spiders. Covid keeping me home. Askingthe seller for more pictures and info, then a local guy comes in and scoops it up. I think I am going wait until the fall and see what happens. Too much FOMO going on right now.

Wsmatau and Natkingcolebasket69 like this.
  2. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

That being said I think prices stabilize. I don’t think they keep going up but stabilize.
    Same thing in real estate some areas like Vegas and Miami are easily up 20%... at some it will stabilize

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tres55 likes this.
  3. Doramon0720

Doramon0720 Karting

Jan 17, 2015
    Rancho Palos Verdes
    Full Name:
    Steven
    Fair enough. I agree that I also won't pay $117k for the S2000. I definitely won't pay $300K+ for the Zanardi (I also have a 94' already.. :) ). However, I am sick of the 355 F1 not getting loved.... It too has its places in Ferrari history and being bad mouthed by all these Youtubers that had never had one is just sad....

carnutdallas and tatry68 like this.
  4. calder1

calder1 F1 Rookie
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 26, 2006
    Redondo Beach
    Full Name:
    Craig
    Over the years I have owned 2 F355 F1 cars and had lots of fun with them ( I currently own a 6 speed spider and I wonder why the spiders don’t seem to get the love they deserve as well )

5. calder1

calder1 F1 Rookie
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 26, 2006
    Redondo Beach
    Full Name:
    Craig
    Market is definitely hot right now . My showroom is full . Image Unavailable, Please Login

6. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
    Yep, the sound with an open top, the fresh air, just adds to the exhilaration when driving. I can't imagine living along the CA coast and driving a coupe. I was in San Diego on business back in '96 and stayed over for the weekend. Rented a Miata and had a blast driving out to Point Loma, San Diego Zoo, Sea World. When I got home, next spring (97) I bought my 1st Miata. Swore I'd never buy another coupe. Kept that promise until I bought my Cayman S (bucket list, Jan 2017) and while I love the Cayman I still kick myself for buying it instead of a Boxster S. When I get rid of the Cayman I'll probably buy a Z3 (another bucket list) or an S2000 (same), or maybe a Boxster S (but I already had a base Boxster). After all, they are under my $60 limit. Now, how do I convince Jeanne about that TR3 the guy around the corner has forsale.

I do see good spiders pulling pretty good prices today. But they are typically more unique colors than resale red.

7. INTMD8

INTMD8 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 10, 2007
    Lake Villa IL
    Of course all just comes down to personal preference ^ They didn't make 3 versions because they thought everyone would want the same one.

After having a GTS, and now a berlinetta, I would never consider anything besides a berlinetta.

Have to say I find it odd that your notable attribute of the spider is sound after many times mentioning you don't care for the sound of the F355 and also don't rev it past 6k rpm.

Absolutely baffling to me.

Challenge, tres55 and GatedF355GTB like this.
  8. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
    The simple fact is that I get more enjoyment out of going through the gears than winding it out. Isn't that why many here prefer gated cars? And while I enjoy the sound, only to a point. Above 6k it's just unpleasant to me. Like any musical instrument, some registers are pleasing, some seem harsh and annoying. Add to that tinnitus in my right ear and much above 6k becomes extremely irritating, even painful at times.

FWIW, I do think the berlinetta is a beautiful car. I would mind owning one. But for pleasure diving I want to be exposed to the elements I don't care for the GTS style on any car, 308, 355, Porsche 911, etc. Coupes have there place in my life. When we drive to FL we take the wife's 2 series couple. Comfort, and isolated from the road noise of the semis on I95 or whatever route we take. Bit of a bummer once we get there not to have an open car, but we can always rent one.

Anyway, like you say, It's personal preference.

But since this is supposed to be a 355 market thread, let's take a look at some auction history. Prices for all 355 styles , all years.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

9. kryten2001

kryten2001 Formula 3

Guards, seize him.

Julia, tres55, ShineKen and 5 others like this.
  10. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
    LOL.

Imagine someone poking needles in your ear 1000 time a second. :(

11. kryten2001

kryten2001 Formula 3

1khz hearing loss... I hear ya.... actually I don’t... right ear here as well.

12. 911NBK

911NBK Karting

Jan 2, 2021
    Lol

Sent from my SM-G981W using Tapatalk

13. 32 Ford

32 Ford Karting

Jan 31, 2021
    vancouver
    Full Name:
    Mike McGowan
    I love driving in open cars. Just having the wind and engine noise blasting away seems like I am in my own world. I driven my 32 Roadster and Vette convert from Vancouver down to California a bunch of times. Top down always, cold, rain or sunshine The vette is a nice driver less noise and less wind. The Hot Rod is a beast. LOT's noise and wind. I need to duck down to get out of the wind. Like driving a Harley without a helmet. It's a very raw driving experience. Man, Machine and the elements. Now I NEED an F355. I just got to hear that 7000 Rpm scream and the wind in my face. My Shifter Kart will scream like crazy at 16000 RPM but I have a helmet on. My wife thinks I nuts

14. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    that's obviously not taking in all auction prices.

tres55 likes this.
  15. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
    Of course, but enough to see the trends.

16. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
  17. 911NBK

911NBK Karting

Jan 2, 2021
    ShineKen likes this.
  18. Ferrari Fanatic

Ferrari Fanatic Formula 3

Apr 2, 2003
    SoCal
    Yeah when you look at what other cars are selling for you realize that the 355’s are up but not nearly as much as other cars.

Same supply shortage and huge inflation in the PWC industry. Go to any motorcycle dealership and see what they have on the floor. There is not much of anything there.

ShineKen likes this.
  19. Doramon0720

Doramon0720 Karting

Jan 17, 2015
    Rancho Palos Verdes
    Full Name:
    Steven
    ShineKen likes this.
  20. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    Ironically, the 22B and Zanardi NSX uses the same BBS wheel design. It’s gotta be the wheels :).

21. steved033

steved033 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Apr 12, 2017
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Steve D.
    if you think a 22B is just another impreza...well... but 312? dang.

sjd

22. 911NBK

911NBK Karting

Jan 2, 2021
    I'm definitely not in the know on the 22B, but for me, if this thing is worth 312 then every 355 gtb is worth 313.

Sent from my SM-G981W using Tapatalk

23. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    22B’s were going for about $125-150k in Japan a few years ago for a super clean one. I’ve seen one in person and looked at it for a good 30 min. Didn’t like it all that much. I much prefer to uber rare Prodrive builds of the standard Imprezza.

24. carnutdallas

carnutdallas Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 11, 2010
    Dallas Burbs
    Full Name:
    Rob
    ShineKen likes this.
  25. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
    You guys still don't get it. The 355 is just a car. :)