Wiper blade replacements FF | FerrariChat

Wiper blade replacements FF

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by Wazzer, Apr 18, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Wazzer

Wazzer Karting

Jun 23, 2020
    Detroit
    Full Name:
    Waz
    Rained yesterday and found out my wiper blades are wrecked. Searching for replacements. Seems like the stock OE blade is a hybrid. Anyone using newer style "beam" blades with any success? Silicon or rubber blades?

I put some beam style Rain-X blades on my wife's car and I really don't feel like they work that well. Ok on the up swipe and poor on the return i.e. leave a trail of droplets. Implies that they don't have even or sufficient pressure across the windshield.

I searched the forums and did not see any recent recommendations for Ferrari's. Obviously concerned that they might lift with increased speed (up to a point in the rain).

For reference:
    Front driver's blade is 28"
    Front passenger's blade is 17"
    Rear blade 16" (option on some FFs)

2. AVIMAX

AVIMAX Formula Junior

Aug 5, 2014
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    I don’t like the look of the bulky adapters on the aftermarket beam blades, the original hybrid looks best to me. If you want the original but don’t want to pay Ferrari prices, they are Denso brand and you can find them online.
    LH - Denso 160-3128
    RH - Denso 160-3117

If you really want to save money, you can buy just the rubber insert. Toyota uses the same wiper brand for many of their cars, I found that the 2015 Toyota Sienna uses the exact same 28” Denso wiper and the Toyota parts desk will sell you just the rubber insert. I think the insert was around $5 from Toyota. I haven’t found a Toyota that uses a 17” Denso.

otakki, Monteman, ANOpax and 3 others like this.
  3. Wazzer

Wazzer Karting

Jun 23, 2020
    Detroit
    Full Name:
    Waz
    Very helpful. Think I will get the Denso versions as you advised. Reviews are not great for the beam style particularly for longer lengths.

4. megamarco9

megamarco9 Karting

Dec 11, 2020
    Full Name:
    Marco
    thank you for the Denso/Toyota Sienna work around on the LH... any idea on where to find the 17" Denso for RH...?

5. AVIMAX

AVIMAX Formula Junior

Aug 5, 2014
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    I haven’t found a car with a 17” Denso yet so that I could just buy the insert, only the 28”. The part numbers I posted above are for the whole wiper assembly and if you search for those p/n’s online you will find it for sale from various vendors and not too expensive.

6. megamarco9

megamarco9 Karting

Dec 11, 2020
    Full Name:
    Marco
    AVIMAX many thanks for sharing your knowledge with us...!!!

Monteman likes this.
  7. ANOpax

ANOpax Formula 3

Jul 1, 2015
    The Netherlands
    otakki likes this.