LEDs on steering wheel do not light up at any RPM | Page 2 | FerrariChat

LEDs on steering wheel do not light up at any RPM

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by sc170, Jul 14, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Gonzales25

Gonzales25 Rookie

Jun 4, 2018
    Full Name:
    Roberto
    Cost for the proxy file upload was $175

2. 338Lapua

338Lapua Formula Junior

Sep 5, 2015
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Tony
    That the cheapest Ferrari "part/upgrade" you will ever get!!!!! :D

Gonzales25 likes this.
  3. Nexxas

Nexxas Rookie

Jul 15, 2019
    Orlando, FL
    Full Name:
    Fabian Alexander
    Is this "proxy file" the only way to get the LED lights working? Is the dealer the only place to get it uploaded, or is there a file I can upload manually I can find on the internet? I can't seem to find it.
    I also tried deactivating and re-activating from the TFT menu with no success.
    I recently replaced my NVO board (same steering wheel it came with), and everything works perfectly fine except that.

4. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Yes but prices quoted are wrong dealer will charge like 3k to fix this. I know crazy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Nexxas

Nexxas Rookie

Jul 15, 2019
    Orlando, FL
    Full Name:
    Fabian Alexander
    I don't think $3k because I've read several people having entire boards changed at the dealer for much less than that. But, just trying to find out about this software update. Thanks though

6. Natkingcolebasket69

Trust me I am right.
    This is what the dealer charges if u don’t have LED and bought a steering wheel without them .
    Here are email quotes from
    Both Ferrari of Sillicon valley and Ferrari of SF. Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

7. Nexxas

Nexxas Rookie

Jul 15, 2019
    Orlando, FL
    Full Name:
    Fabian Alexander
    Thanks for the info. Although I wonder if that’s for replacing the steering wheel, which I’ve read would need a full software update to enable that functionality.

I am just trying to get mine to work again after changing that computer board. That’s why I was curious if there was some trick to re-calibrate it.

8. Natkingcolebasket69

Yeah that’s for replacing with a new one. Urs should be cheaper, maybe covered by warranty!

Nexxas likes this.
  9. Art138

Art138 Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 22, 2007
    Ft. Lauderdale
    Melvok and AlfistaPortoghese like this.
  10. Sebaf430

Sebaf430 Rookie

Apr 20, 2019
    Italy
    hi and thanks for your post!!!!! very very useful!!!!
    so if I well understand, the problem was only the proxy file upgrade, after it the lights turn on.... and your dealer charge you 175$.
    It is correct?

I would do the same work and it should be helpful to know the cost of the proxy before starting it.
    thanks.....
    Sebastiano

11. Melvok

Melvok F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 25, 2008
    Amersfoort, The Netherlands, Europe.
    Full Name:
    Mel
    Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  12. GreatNeckLawyer

May 10, 2008
    Definitely needs an upgraded proxy file, but the Leonardo system can update the proxy file without the need to pay the Dealer $3,000 for a new proxy file.

If anyone is interested, I have an LED Carbon Fiber Wheel that I am selling.

13. Mechanicrene

Mechanicrene Rookie

Aug 8, 2022
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Rene Lucero
    Hello, I was wondering if we need to download the proxy file to upload it to the car using Leo? I have the Leo software but I’m not sure if I need to get a file to upload to the car, or if I can just change the configuration setting with the Leo to make my LED lights work on my steering wheel. I have a 488 GTB I’m working on.

sorry to revive a thread