Landed a gated 6 speed | FerrariChat

Landed a gated 6 speed

Discussion in '360/430' started by Topace, Apr 19, 2021.

Tags:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Topace

Topace Karting

Apr 2, 2021
    Omaha ne
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    After a 8 hr flight to see the 3rd Ferrari 360 spider one trashed the other one just was over priced both of them F1 cars. Got here to see this 360 spider F1. Guy said he has had the car for about 12 years but with the Covid 19 and everything closed I only drive it a few times a year. He backed it out and I’m looking in the passenger side window and I see it’s a gated 6 speed So I asked him your friend told me it was a F1 he said it is right? I said no you have gated 6 speed. I asked to see the service records he said I just had the belt service done. Took it for a ride sounds really good Looked it over top to bottom. Has no sticky buttons Paint looks excellent clean under side. Made a deal told him I’ll wire the coin in the morning and have it picked ASAP. Can’t wait to get her home Give her a full service flush and change Fluids even know he just had it done. I feel better knowing it’s done and done right.

Raconteur, Need4Spd, Moopz and 3 others like this.
  2. Zcobra1

Zcobra1 Formula 3

Oct 9, 2012
    So Cal
    Full Name:
    Bert
    Nice score...color ? Congrats.

3. Topace

Topace Karting

Apr 2, 2021
    Omaha ne
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    So that brings me to the question. Should I do the service work my self or let the dealer? I’m a mechanic and have built more engines then I can count from drag boat to semi truck. I’m not at all worried about my skill level. I have a full shop with everything. We mostly do work on my own trucks. Get sucked in to drag boats and stock cars Komatsu excavators Nissan Honda just about anything my friends blowup and want me to rebuild for free. If I do it with my shop do u think it would be bad if I go to sell it someday?

4. Topace

Topace Karting

Apr 2, 2021
    Omaha ne
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    Silver with black top

5. brogenville

brogenville Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 24, 2012
    UK
    Full Name:
    Robin
    If the car has a pristine service record with all Ferrari main dealer stamps, then there is an argument that you retain value by keeping it this way. If the service record is at all patchy or mixed (main dealer/indi), then I would say just do the work yourself.

Topace and one4torque like this.
  6. one4torque

one4torque F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2018
    Houston
    Full Name:
    One4torque
    I think a low mlg car 4 digits -/ dealer service matters.

Topace likes this.
  7. Silber

Silber Karting

Jun 6, 2014
    Switzerland
    If it's just had a service stamp, just do the fluids change for your own piece of mind and don't stamp anything in the book. Then the 'market requirement' record is as in the book for the buyers/those who believe dealers are any more competent, and you know what's actually important is done. What's important to you is that the car is in good order.

8. EastMemphis

EastMemphis Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 25, 2019
    Memphis, TN
    Full Name:
    John
    I suggest you do your own maintenance. I've found the car to be easier to work on than any other I've owned. It's hand made and actually made to come apart. As others have said, if you have documentation indicating recent service and fluids, then drive the snot out of the car until the annual comes about and then service it. Why waste perfectly good fluids?

Be careful with the clutch. Always start out by just releasing the clutch, no gas, and only after the clutch has fully engaged give it gas. Your clutch can last 30k miles or 5k miles. It's up to you.

Mimmo Blue likes this.
  9. timwu12

timwu12 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2014
    TX
    Did you score a gated 6 speed at F1 prices? If so, congrats!

10. Topace

Topace Karting

Apr 2, 2021
    Omaha ne
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    I would say lower end of gated maybe high end of F1 price.

11. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Pics or it didn’t happen ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. Topace

Topace Karting

Apr 2, 2021
    Omaha ne
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    Let me get her home first transport company picking it up today maybe I’ll snap some loading pics

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  13. 3POINT8

3POINT8 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2014
  14. veilstylez

veilstylez Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2005
    SoCal
    best kind of score! congrats!

15. 360+Volt=Prius

360+Volt=Prius Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2013
    Western Mass
    Full Name:
    Raimondo
    Was it a converted f1?

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

16. Topace

Topace Karting

Apr 2, 2021
    Omaha ne
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    no the car was born as a manual transmission also I think it’s sporting a tubi exhaust

17. one4torque

one4torque F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2018
    Houston
    Full Name:
    One4torque
    Welcome to the 360 madness!

pics please asap

18. Topace

Topace Karting

Apr 2, 2021
    Omaha ne
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    Thank u I’m shore I’ll be busy I like everything to be 100% or better. Like the spruce goose. Howard Hughes From 1947 until his death in 1976, he kept the Spruce Goose prototype ready for flight in an enormous, climate-controlled hangar at a cost of $1 million per year.

19. one4torque

one4torque F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2018
    Houston
    Full Name:
    One4torque
    It’s not that much... but plan to invest some time love and resources to keep her running tip top.

this place has some great helpful resources!

20. Topace

Topace Karting

Apr 2, 2021
    Omaha ne
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    She is on the way home will send more pictures When I get home. have zero service here
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Mimmo Blue and one4torque like this.
  21. one4torque

one4torque F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2018
    Houston
    Full Name:
    One4torque
  22. AEROBUFF

AEROBUFF Rookie

Apr 1, 2019
    I surprised you took an 8 hour flight without enough pictures to show which transmission was in the car. I guess it paid off for you. Congrats on the purchase.

23. Topace

Topace Karting

Apr 2, 2021
    Omaha ne
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    I only had out side pics from about 5 years ago when I booked the flight the car is in a full wrap the first 15 year the car was in a clear wrap then they took that off in 2017 and put a pearl wrap on that will come off now as I have taken corners up and some sections off to see what is hiding below. From what I can see looks like the car spent it’s hole life or most of it under the 3m wrap the paint has no swirl marks at all. The top looks like it’s never been in the sun light looks brand new I have a hard time believing that’s The Original top. Transport said he will have the car to me in 48hr or less 1600 mile I was like wow get it done.

one4torque and AEROBUFF like this.
  24. SRLC716

SRLC716 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 15, 2019
    Buffalo
    Full Name:
    Sam
    Congratulations! Sounds like it’s well sorted. Drive in good health and yes, pics please!

25. 360+Volt=Prius

360+Volt=Prius Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2013
    Western Mass
    Full Name:
    Raimondo
    Great story, almost a “Barn find.” ( I do hate that term). Best of luck!