Ultimate Ferrari250GTO-The Definitive History book -preorder? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Ultimate Ferrari250GTO-The Definitive History book -preorder?

Discussion in 'Collectables, Literature, & Models' started by David C, Apr 5, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Dino2400

Dino2400 Formula 3
    Owner

Feb 21, 2009
    According to their newsletter there will also be a 3rd 'owners edition' published above the 'collectors edition'.

Rosey likes this.
  2. piloti

piloti Formula 3
    Honorary

Jul 11, 2004
    England
    Full Name:
    Nathan Beehl
    I'd prefer it if it was half the price.
    Nathan

ursoenzo, of2worlds, Rosey and 6 others like this.
  3. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    A nice move would be to give away the "owners edition" to the few owners... not that I think they actually care about the price

Jakuzzi and Lusso123 like this.
  4. Lusso123

Lusso123 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 18, 2010
    NY
    Full Name:
    Marshall Buck
    What... a publisher not milking the "GTO" money-cow and leaving money on the table?! ££££ $$$$ Perish the thought! :D

Rosey likes this.
  5. jtremlett

jtremlett F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    So would I, but I have paid considerably more for a book co-authored by one Nathan Beehl ;)

6. piloti

piloti Formula 3
    Honorary

Jul 11, 2004
    England
    Full Name:
    Nathan Beehl
    Touche. However, that was a genuine limited edition. Depending on which book it was then there would have been no more than 200 copies.
    Nathan

7. Dino2400

Dino2400 Formula 3
    Owner

Feb 21, 2009
    I've ordered the 'standard' limited edition. Not willing to pay more because of the many books already available on the subject.

Rosey likes this.
  8. Rosey

Rosey F1 Rookie

Nov 5, 2015
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Mark R
    Same.

I'd rather save my money for when another masterpiece like Ferrari in Camera or The Miura Book comes along, rather then spend 1,500 UK Pound on what's really a 450 UK Pound book.

They can keep the suede leather covers.

9. Lusso123

Lusso123 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 18, 2010
    NY
    Full Name:
    Marshall Buck

+1

10. Dino2400

Dino2400 Formula 3
    Owner

Feb 21, 2009
    I've got Ferrari in Camera and the Miura book. Expecting the Miura register soon which was part of the set. Save your money for a book like the new Figoni Alfa book. See monteurs.dk. Might be a much better 'investment'' rather then the leatherbound GTO book.

stevewak likes this.
  11. Dino2400

Dino2400 Formula 3
    Owner

Feb 21, 2009
    Should read moteurs.dk

12. Rosey

Rosey F1 Rookie

Nov 5, 2015
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Mark R
    As you know I have both those books (and many hundreds more) and always buy the standard editions rather then the "extra" limited versions.

Helps keep my accountant off my back. :)

Dino2400 likes this.
  13. Dino2400

Dino2400 Formula 3
    Owner

Feb 21, 2009
    You got me confused. You wrote another book LIKE Ferrari in Camera or the Miura book... I know you have a well stocked library.

14. Rosey

Rosey F1 Rookie

Nov 5, 2015
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Mark R
    All good. :)

That's the trouble with collecting books, just when you think you have everything you need... you discover there's still more you don't.

15. ChoroQ

ChoroQ Karting

Jan 20, 2014
    Europe
    Full Name:
    A.C.
    I highly doubt it will sold out in any of the offered editions. Unfortunately Porter Press very rarely offers discount on their Premium books. But this means you don't need to have a rush to get it and, in the meantime, you can read some upcoming reviews or comments on the book.

Personally this new GTO book will not be my first choice to invest £450 for, but in the future I'll add it to the collection - all the existing books on the subject are missing something from my pov and a refresh on it can be positive.

Zeltweg likes this.
  16. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    I think the 250 GTE book (arguably less expensive but also supposed to be less attractive for the general public) sold out quite quickly. OTOH the Mc GTR book (on which I'm still hesitating) is still available...
    Back to the GTO book, I hope it will be extensive. So far I liked the Bluemel / Pourret book (but it's short) and was not really impressed by Pritchard's.

Zeltweg, Sharknose and ChoroQ like this.
  17. ChoroQ

ChoroQ Karting

Jan 20, 2014
    Europe
    Full Name:
    A.C.
    Fully agree, 250 GTE is surely less attractive for the general public but 1) it costs 5 times less than the GTO book, so it's kinda affordable and 2) not many books on the GTE subject.

In the end, it's about the value YOU give to the book.
    As you, I hope this new GTO book will be extensive, as they did for the 2 Porsche books from the same series - and for the McLaren one (worth the money? IMO yes. Have to chose between this and a Owner's Edition of Driving Ambition? Not even a question!)

Zeltweg likes this.
  18. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    After pre-ordering I got a message from Porter stating the book might become available end of May or maybe early June.

Marcel Massini

of2worlds, Rosey and 375+ like this.
  19. Rosey

Rosey F1 Rookie

Nov 5, 2015
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Mark R
    I trust you ordered the standard edition Marcel ?

20. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    Yes.

Marcel Massini

Rosey likes this.
  21. bloomberg

bloomberg Formula Junior

Mar 7, 2011
    As for discounts, they offer a 10% discount on selected items. On the checkout page of their webshop there is a box for 'gift card or discount code'. Fill out PRR10, and you will receive a 10% discount. PRR stands for www.porscheroadandrace.com.
    Moreover, they offer a 15% discount for European customers to compensate for import duties due to Brexit. I'm not sure if these discounts add up. You should contact Porter.

Zeltweg, Jack-the-lad and Dino2400 like this.
  22. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    This book must be worth it... I mean just look at this fantastic picture of 3527GT at the Ennstal Classic :D:rolleyes::p

Dino2400 and miurasv like this.
  23. Dino2400

Dino2400 Formula 3
    Owner

Feb 21, 2009
    The only reason why i've ordered the book Peter! :D;)

24. Balsamina

Balsamina Formula Junior

May 19, 2010
    San Francisco Area
    Full Name:
    S
    Thank you for sharing this! I had already pre-ordered the standard edition, but after I saw your post I emailed Porter Press who agreed to refund the discount. I previously paid full retail over the years for signed copies of a number of their other titles, so I'm glad to learn this code for future reference.

Zeltweg, ursoenzo, of2worlds and 3 others like this.
  25. gt4me

gt4me F1 Veteran

Sep 10, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Lewis Mitchell
    Now showing as In Stock on Hortons and Chaters sites.

Zeltweg likes this.