Bovee 1000 Bluetooth adapter and iOS 14 | FerrariChat

Bovee 1000 Bluetooth adapter and iOS 14

Discussion in '360/430' started by CoreyNJ, Apr 19, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. CoreyNJ

CoreyNJ Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 17, 2006
    New Jersey Shore
    So at some point my iPhone got an OS upgrade (currently at 14.4.2 on iPhone XS Max) and my Bovee stopped working with my oem Becker 6112 and the factory iPod cable. The only way it worked was by setting the option to “aux” instead of “iPod”.

I had some time this weekend to play around and found a way to have it work again with “iPod” mode and the Bovee 1000.

I’m sure I’m not alone so here is the procedure that works for me.

Step 1: before starting the car turn on the radio and make sure your iPhone is connected to the bovee Bluetooth. Then play a song, any song from the Music app. Then try to “load iPod” on the Becker. It will fail and go to radio. Then turn the radio off.

step 2: start the car. While you wait for it to warm up, press play on the song on your phone again and go to the Becker and “load iPod”. If it fails wait a minute try it one more time as things may not have sync’d up yet.

And that’s it. You can browse songs, artists, playlists and albums. If you have Spotify or Tidal you can see the song name and pick next or previous song with the radio controls.

If anyone else had this problem, let me know if this procedure works for you.

Cheers,
    Corey

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

2. Sj_engr

Sj_engr Formula 3

Sep 15, 2020
    San Jose
    Full Name:
    dc
    Hey Corey I never heard of the Bovee. I actually pulled out the factory iPod cable since I swapped for a generic streaming module. What benefits of the iPod mode have over aux? (Also on 6112)

3. CoreyNJ

CoreyNJ Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 17, 2006
    New Jersey Shore
    The iPod mode with the Bovee lets you completely control the Music app from the 6112 over Bluetooth. This includes browsing for content from the 6112 just as if the iPod cable was plugged in.

If you have something like Spotify or Tidal (I have both) you can skip, restart or go to a previous song on your album or playlist.

4. Sj_engr

Sj_engr Formula 3

Sep 15, 2020
    San Jose
    Full Name:
    dc
    Interesting I will check it out then. Do you use the voice commands with your 6112?

5. CoreyNJ

CoreyNJ Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 17, 2006
    New Jersey Shore
    I never got around to training the voice commands.

6. becausephilchow

becausephilchow Formula Junior

Aug 26, 2016
    Hong Kong
    My Bovee that I've used before in previous vehicles was also extremely finicky.

7. bball16

bball16 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 2, 2011
    NY LI FtL
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I’ve had no problems since the upgrade. It’s still working like it always did.

8. CoreyNJ

CoreyNJ Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 17, 2006
    New Jersey Shore
    What model iPhone and iOS version?

bball16 likes this.
  9. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    the bovee dont last that long. i have had a few go after 6 months etc...some last longer...id try replacing it

10. bball16

bball16 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 2, 2011
    NY LI FtL
    Full Name:
    Mike
    ten

11. bball16

bball16 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 2, 2011