F12 valet mode | FerrariChat

F12 valet mode

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by Slavomeer, Apr 21, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Slavomeer

Slavomeer Rookie

May 30, 2020
    Poland
    So in about a week I'm going to get my first Ferrari - F12.
    Since I know it's a beast, I don't wanna anyone without my permission to drive it fast. As I searched through this forums I've seen many people are talking about valet problems, but no solution was given. Did someone tried something custom? Like a remote to block some power or fuel flow?
    In BMW I got something like failure mode (power reduction), maybe F12 got it too and can be turned on by some electric intervention?

2. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    My valet mode is...no valet gets behind the wheel of one of my sports cars....ever...for any reason.

Loxo, Prox, Times and 8 others like this.
  3. 350MH83

350MH83 Formula 3

Jul 11, 2014
    Denmark
    Full Name:
    Max
    in BMW you have a valet mode. Is that what you refer to with failure mode? Valet mode is activated through the infotainment screen.

4. Slavomeer

Slavomeer Rookie

May 30, 2020
    Poland
    I didn't know there is a valet mode in BMW, it looks like a new feature as I've checked on youtube. By failure mode I mean when you take out specific fuse, car will display component failure and will not allow to drive fast.

But to the F12 topic: actually we have hardly any valets in europe, but I have to leave my car for cleaning and sometimes transportation.

5. Doc_Dent

Doc_Dent Karting

Mar 2, 2015
    #5 Doc_Dent, Apr 23, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2021
    Never allowed a Valet to park any Ferrari of mine, or any other super car as well as far as I remember.
    Reminder:
    In most Valet Tickets, there would be some sort of Disclaimer in which in case of any harm to your car, they would probably hold minimum responsibility.
    So the Q is, is it worth it?!

6. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    Relax. That sort of thing never happens.

7. Doc_Dent

Doc_Dent Karting

Mar 2, 2015
    What "sort of thing" never happens?o_O

8. Moopz

Moopz F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 29, 2004
    Orlando, FL
    My friend was a valet at the Ritz Amelia Island in the 90s and he has tons of stories. His coworker totaled a 355. He told me never to valet a car that I cared for.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Loxo likes this.
  9. SeattleStew

SeattleStew Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 10, 2020
    In the rain
    Full Name:
    Stew
    I only valet my cars when I can watch them park my car right up front. If it has to go down the street to another lot, it’s not happening. I generally trust that they aren’t going to go joy riding the car when it’s parked right out front of the place.

I had friends out of high school valet cars, and they loved when parking lots were down the street. It was generally a nice high speed test drive for them.

10. Nafiz Ali Khan

Nafiz Ali Khan Karting

Jul 19, 2006
    Phoenix
    Sometimes I run into issues with busy restaurants or hotels with valet only. They claim it’s a liability for the owners to park cars. Yet the valet sticker says they take no responsibility for damage due to negligence or any reason.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

11. Altoria F

Altoria F Formula Junior

Jan 24, 2020
    France
    Full Name:
    P
    Less than 3 skilled close friends drive my sports car and only under my eyes, I won't give a tip to any valet to drive them!
    Sometimes it is a bit embarrassing in "high end" hotels but I don't care and park myself.
    When I'm not sure of the parking I take the Cayenne.

Loxo and papou like this.