does anybody's son/daughter attend University of Denver? | FerrariChat

does anybody's son/daughter attend University of Denver?

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain' started by ross, Apr 20, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ross

ross Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    my son just got accepted there, and to a couple other places, and he will be visiting campus this friday to try and decide which college to go to (has to make his decision in fh may).
    given the covid bs and scheduling issues, there will be no guided tour by a student, so my son would like to meet somebody who attends in order to get a feel for the place.
    he will buy that person lunch in return for a brief tour and review of the good the bad and the ugly of U of Denver :)

anybody??

2. BoulderFCar

BoulderFCar F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 16, 2004
    Asheville, NC/Ft Lauderdale
    Full Name:
    Tom
    My daughter graduated from DU. It was a good experience for her but can't help as she's not in Denver.

+'s
    Denver and all the outdoor stuff that comes with is a good college thing. Less weedy than Boulder where I'm from. It's a really nice location.

Smaller classes and good B school connections that have worked for my kid.

Not relevant for you but they push about 90% of the kids to go overseas for a semester.

The whole thing is just toned down from something like University of Florida where my other daughter went.

-'s

No football and a light Greek system.

I liked it and I'm glad she went there but I'm a believer in finding the right fit as opposed to the school first. I can't recall any of the my daughters friends leaving DU vs a lot of the UF kids being pretty overwhelmed.

3. donv

donv Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    My daughter goes to Colorado College and has friends at DU. They seem to like it.

Although I've never understood why everyone calls "University of Denver" DU?

4. FiatRN

FiatRN Formula Junior

Nov 21, 2008
    Denver, CO
    Full Name:
    Jonathan Drout
    For the same reason they call the University of Colorado ... CU?

5. furmano

furmano Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 22, 2004
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Furman
    Don’t know any students there currently but DU seems like a good school and Denver/CO are popping. Not a bad place to land.

6. furmano

furmano Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 22, 2004
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Furman
    Did your son make a decision? DU is not a bad way to go.

7. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna
    I went to graduate school there ( 20 years ago, though), don't live too far from campus, and still do some work with different alumni groups from the b-school. If I can help, let me know.

8. CornersWell

CornersWell F1 Rookie

Nov 24, 2004
    CC grad. Small world.

CW