Saying goodbye to Ferrari | Page 5 | FerrariChat

Saying goodbye to Ferrari

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by czlandi, Mar 31, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Piper

Piper Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 6, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Bob
    I'm at an interesting point in my Ferrari journey as well. I walked into my first Ferrari dealership around '08 I believe, maybe '09. I'd been in a serious head on several years earlier and just couldn't get back into a sports car for a while. I bought my first Ferrari as a celebration, getting back in the saddle. I was taken by the then uniqueness of Ferrari, the F1 transmission, the incredible mechanical music of the flat plane and especially the noise of the 360. I sorta jokingly vowed then to work my way through all the existing models of the time, and lo and behold that's eventually what I did. In that time, we said goodbye to Pininfarina, to F1, to NA, we have the run from the FF up to SUV coming, announcement of electric. Ferrari has definitely lost something. Maybe I've just worn it out, definitely part of it having been there done that. But with other offerings out there now like the C8 and especially the Z06 expected to be a 650hp flat plane, I'm running out of reasons. I've run out of reasons. I'm not saying goodbye, more of a TTFN unless and until something changes.