SF90 vs 765LT Drag and Roll Races | Page 4 | FerrariChat

SF90 vs 765LT Drag and Roll Races

Discussion in 'SF90 Stradale' started by FikseGTS, Feb 22, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    Still really impressive compared to the competition...

Alvega likes this.
  2. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    I don’t get why drag races are so important for buyers ?
    Isn’t the B Road handling the most important thing ?

gzachary and gliazzurri like this.
  3. Ale55andr0

Ale55andr0 Karting

May 23, 2019
    #78 Ale55andr0, Mar 20, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2021

The title is actually misleading (clickbait...), yes, but that's not the point that interest us:
    at the end, records are "pointless" if were reached under totally different conditions( "special" tyres included, you know this, will ya?...). What that matters is the direct comparison, head to head, same time, so at least with equal track/climate conditions with the "enemy" (885LT, ehm, sorry, 765LT :p )...and there is that comparison. Anyway, soon we will see some other comparison on the drag strip I guess :)

4. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Dont get caught up in the fact that it is a drag race but rather how well a car can put down loads of power and move from A to B so quickly. Road track racing for me is much more fun.

5. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    What competition? That time is 2 seconds off a 765 on stock tires but Ill argue they aren't competitors. One is super light and high powered, the other is fat with electric assist and over priced.

LVP488 and Thecadster like this.
  6. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Probably the worst time a 765LT has run on video so likely a poor driver or bad start. The SF has an advantage off the line similar to a 992 TTS.

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  7. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    Same time, same conditions. Can't get any more fair than that!

Napoli, fil, Alvega and 1 other person like this.
  8. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    OK, I see how it works. Whatever makes you feel better about your favorite. Regardless, they aren't even on the same segment or price range so I stand by my previous comment.

9. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    Just stating the facts. The 765 is amazing, hell even a 570 - or a 458 for that matter, are amazing!

Fact of the matter is that on that occasion the SF90 was a lot quicker. BTW it doesn't have an AWD system like the 992, or a Lambo. 780 CV go to the rear, no matter what, so spinning is always an issue.

Caeruleus11 and Napoli like this.
  10. Ale55andr0

Ale55andr0 Karting

May 23, 2019
    #85 Ale55andr0, Mar 20, 2021

facts: different condition, no head to head at same time= useless comparison.

PS: If you set the shift on auto and use LC, the driver abilty is basically erased, all that count from him is just about how weight his a$$ :p, the rest is showed by the crono, even in the case of one of the drivers have a jumpstart or fall asleep ;). The drag is for show, but all that really count is what say the crono... BUT... in the same condition, non con confronti a cazzo di cane in tempi e condizioni diverse privi di ogni senso :rolleyes:

Caeruleus11 and Alvega like this.
  11. Ale55andr0

Ale55andr0 Karting

May 23, 2019
    exactly (still, with front e-engines, you gain some traction in any case. And even the big weight, from a standing start, paradoxically, help on this)

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  12. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Actually its not that simple to get a proper launch even with LC. These cars make a ton of power and nothing is straightforward. Moreover how do we know if he shifted or had it in auto mode? I am making these points from experience not as a video watcher. In the end we are splitting hairs, they are both very fast. My personal preference is the 765 which I purchased, I passed on the SF90 for good reasons.

Thecadster likes this.
  13. Ale55andr0

Ale55andr0 Karting

May 23, 2019
    #88 Ale55andr0, Mar 20, 2021
    "My personal preference is the 765"

no one in here has noticed XD

as for the rest, I'm just waiting the videos from dragtimes channel with more details
    and with the usual three attempts

Gh21631 likes this.
  14. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    I tried to like the SF but couldn't get there. I hope Ferrari comes up with something more interesting soon. For now I'm looking at others but kept 1 F car. We are running next week in fact.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

15. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    Definitely not 2 seconds off because that would be an 8.4 (a modded 765 did get in the high 8’s not stock) but this video Brooks got a 9.3 so a 10.4 is definitely not normal.

16. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Yes, mistyped. I meant 2/10th's as they regularly run 9.3's on a prepped track with STOCK tires. Probably hard pressed to see that on the street though.

17. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    #92 Lukeylikey, Mar 20, 2021
    Alternatively, one has an engine, the basics of which have been used in countless previous models over the last 10 years with a very familiar technical set up, also used in many models before it. The other is the first in a line of new-energy vehicles, designed using know-how from hybrid F1 racing, with 1,000hp, sophisticated all-wheel-drive, fresh aesthetics and excellent driving dynamics. Depends on your viewpoint doesn’t it?

As you can guess, I chose the other purchase route to you. You seem to be pretty hard on this subject, accusing other people of adopting a view that supports their favourite. I’m wondering how your comments are different? From everything I have seen on drag times and other channels, the SF90 will generally have a quicker quarter. Doesn’t mean much to me but if you like that sort of the thing, that seems to be the result. Love the 488 Challenge by the way.

Caeruleus11, Alvega and Ale55andr0 like this.
  18. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    THAT ^^^ is absolutely glorious. I cannot begin to imagine how much fun that must be.

Caeruleus11 and Gh21631 like this.
  19. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    Proper track cars like the 488 Challenge really show you how far away cars like the Pista, LT, Speciale etc. are away from being track cars. Their appeal lies in the fact that you can drive them on the road and have fun, drive them to the track, then have fun on the track and drive home again. They are a more aggressive version of a road car that gives a much tauter feeling than even a Ferrari or McLaren ‘normal’ road car. The LT, the Pista, the TDF, the SF90 AF, they have to all be judged as road cars able to be enjoyed a bit more than usual on track. But road cars.

I drove a 488 Challenge at Silverstone in the wet. It was still such an incredibly different experience to Pista etc. Really really different, and better different, from a pure driving perspective. Wonderful things. I drove 458 Challenge at Fiorano quite a lot too, also wonderful. N/a or turbo didn’t really matter, only the feeling in the car and trying to get the lap time.

20. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    My comments are different only because I wanted to like it and in fact had an early build slot but it just didn't make sense to me for a number of reasons. That doesn't mean others have to agree. Please note many of the comments are from people who have never driven either or perhaps unlikely to be a buyer for either.

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  21. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    I'm addicted, the entire experience is incredible but stupidly expensive.

paulchua, of2worlds, gzachary and 3 others like this.
  22. gzachary

gzachary Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Jan 10, 2011
    California
    #97 gzachary, Mar 20, 2021
    Having all 3 (488 Challenge Evo, TdF, and SF90), they are all ridiculously fun. But fun in different ways. I drove the TdF with the SF90 back to back the a few days ago. And will do again this week. It’s a great contrast. But the outcome is the same. Just a feeling of “wow.” Both thrilling and fun. Of course this is IMO. And having done Challenge last season, I enjoy the Challenge Evo on the track. A different version of fun. Neither the SF90 or the TdF would provide the same level of performance (and fun) for me for road race on a track compared to the 488 Challenge Evo.

And could be fun for people. Just like some want to stick to and keep and drive to the F50 experience of car in the 1300kg zone. But with awesome sound. But with other shortcomings. I drove it once. And it’s amazing. Love to go in that direction too.

I guess it comes down to what driving experience you want.

What an incredible problem to have. Also, to the outside world we must sound like the characters in those Grey Poupon commercials from the 80s. Just trying to add some humor here :)

23. xskier

xskier Formula Junior

Mar 2, 2013
    Alternatively you can say the 488gtb motor is still in the sf90, the chassis is still simular to the 458, a new one will arrive with the LB.
    I am not biased, whilst the 765lt had landed, the sf90 is about 6 weeks out.

All the data i expierenced by my own is that the 765lt is extremly fast on the 100-300kph (60-186mph departement, and i would be very very surprised if my sf90 can match those figures..
    (time will tell soon, i will def drive the sf90 hard)

on the other hand the launch from a standstill is very tricky in the 765lt on normal roads and on tracks and when temperature is not warm enough, like spring time in europe, there is no way you can have a nice start. I got some bad times 0-100kph of over 4 seconds, spinning way to much, it was hope less..

well in a 992 Turbo s or in the sf90, those launches are just normal, floor it and go, no question left

of2worlds, ScrappyB and Gh21631 like this.
  24. xskier

xskier Formula Junior

Mar 2, 2013
    You mean like user realzeus or the like i guess

25. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    I believe 9.55 is 2nd fastest production car.
    Chiron got 9.4 via car and driver.

(Data as of Wikipedia)

Of course, once you start modding or going into funny/rocket cars - it's a totally different story.

Also, Tesla claims their forthcoming Plaid+ is under 9 seconds.