812 VS Rumors | Page 273 | FerrariChat

812 VS Rumors

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by Frenzisko, Feb 10, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. j09333

j09333 Formula 3

May 7, 2004
    Is that an inlet or outlet...confusing..
    Would have been better looking without that...

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

2. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    spyderman, SeattleStew and Boots like this.
  3. 4re4ever

4re4ever Formula 3

Mar 26, 2006
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Simon
    I Think its basically acting like a funnal which could have some active areo fins in there or other tech. time will tell.

4. 330i

330i Formula Junior

Aug 7, 2006
    I say: it is a race car for the road, give it a race inspired livery!

spyderman and gzachary like this.
  5. Forza Scuderia

Forza Scuderia Formula Junior

Jan 13, 2015
    I totally agree with you. I think EVERY Versione Speciale should have some form of racing livery as that is in keeping with the raison d’etre of the car.

Versione Speciale is a bit of a misnomer. They should really call them Scuderia Stradales ... streetable racing track optimized versions of the regular production car ... which is what they actually are.

This way we wouldn’t have people bitching that the styling isn’t elegant enough.

6. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    I agree with the feathers

7. Forza Scuderia

Jan 13, 2015
    I’m choking on crow feathers today so the tar and pitch will have to come later.

dcmetro likes this.
  8. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    Well, I think you may not have been that far off. It’s quite possible that it could be named with three letters, it or perhaps the open top version.

dcmetro likes this.
  9. 444sp

444sp Formula Junior

Dec 18, 2016
  10. Forza Scuderia

Jan 13, 2015
    A pleasant thought ... but the real name has apparently already been leaked on Google ... Image Unavailable, Please Login

maxxy, 350MH83, 9nb and 1 other person like this.
  11. Boots

Boots Formula 3

Jan 17, 2020
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Jake
    I will give you that one, I had a chuckle there.

456-boy likes this.
  12. 456-boy

456-boy Formula 3

Jun 23, 2005
    France
    Full Name:
    Victor
    Rumor says the Aperta version will be called Di Bufala, as it’s even more exquisite

stavura, Senna1994, 350MH83 and 4 others like this.
  13. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    There is a good chance that it will be a three letter name, different than what you’ve suggested at least for the open top car, maybe or maybe not the coupé. Look into history.

ingegnere likes this.
  14. Forza Scuderia

Jan 13, 2015
    :D:):p

15. leopoldo

leopoldo Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2013
    Full Name:
    mark1
    #6815 leopoldo, Apr 22, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2021
    If I have to do a comparison I think that very complicated shapes help to appear very sexy and very fashion during the first time of their life , but after some years classical lines will win . Take a look to 360 challenge stradale, scuderia and speciale . The first one has very classical lines and shape ( with the best sound compared to the others ) and today we can say that its value (360cs ) raised up more than the scuderia and the speciale . The other two cars have more complicated shapes , so I think cars who will get old better will be the “classical” ones. Regarding special v12 I think that in 5 years time a 599 GTO will look even “younger “ than a TDF or a 812 VS , this is only my opinion and I don’t want to say that the 812 VS is not a beautiful piece of art ( because it is! ) but for me is a top winner mainly for the first years of its life , after that , classical lines will always win ( this based on history and my personal vision ).

16. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    I tend to agree.
    Gordon Murray thoughts are exactly the same on this subject.

17. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    I wasn't. I just had to have my mouth shut and could not say that no photos of the open version will be shown.
    The last minute change was that. Pix of the open version will be shown at a later date.

Marcel Massini

Caeruleus11, Senna1994, ivo73 and 2 others like this.
  18. Dubaicity

Dubaicity Karting

Nov 21, 2013
    Germany
    Im curious about the technical details - in the moment there is a plus of 200k€ base price for a modificated design and 30 PS

Sent from my SM-G981B using FerrariChat.com mobile app

Solid State likes this.
  19. SECRET

SECRET Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 19, 2007
  20. Boots

Boots Formula 3

Jan 17, 2020
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Jake
    Ah yes, the perfect weekend toy to run along side an Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifromaggio.

Forza Scuderia and 456-boy like this.
  21. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    I will be kind. I like the brakes. And the door handles. The rest is as expected from Manzoni. The power is without a doubt a let down from what was being posted. I acknowledge the comment that the engine/transmission is a great combination which it should be. I'm sure they worked the valvetrain design to accommodate the RPM tweak (hypothesized a while back along with better coatings/materials) but if there is no new significant tech present somewhere else here then the car should be priced very close to the 812SF.

mepassione and hagen111 like this.
  22. Boots

Boots Formula 3

Jan 17, 2020
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Jake
    That makes three of us. There is certainly a theme of over-design (across the board in the automotive world in the name of distinction, think BMW and their new grills, purely aesthetic vents and fake tips on many new supercars) as of the last few years and I think it’s fair to say no business can avoid playing into the demands of the consumer. Ferrari’s clientele is getting certainly getting younger, and social media demands presence. Hence a shift towards more stark designs. With that being said, @leopoldo I agree with your thoughts that beautiful and timeless design is not necessarily the design language of today. Cars such as the Aston Martin Vantage (pre facelift of course) demonstrate this sentiment. I’m a firm believer in “Just because you can, doesn’t mean you should.”. I think restraint, and balance are necessary and fundamental to timeless design and I feel as if the VS is symbolic of the era of design we are in, which leans toward excess rather than restraint. In the long run, I think the 599 GTO, and the TDF will far better stand the rest of time.

23. mthompson2376

mthompson2376 Formula Junior

Feb 2, 2017
    North East England
    Full Name:
    Mark Thompson
    The engine is obviously a masterpiece, the lack of hybrid for me is a good thing, this is effectively the pinnacle of the combustion engine....I can believe there was a great deal of work, with lightening internal engine parts, modifying inlet / outlet tracks, higher pressure oil pumps to reduce friction on the crank etc. etc. and all to squeeze the extra 30hp, (+4%), I would argue it’s worth it because that is the DNA of this car, on the power point, nobody has ever got out of either my 812 or F12 and said it needs another 30hp.... nobody....ever...

I believe this cars magic will be in its dynamics, a similar to the gap between the 458 and Speciale which felt more like +20% despite a similar engine gain +40hp.... we will have to wait until the presentation, but I suspect the way the 830hp is delivered will be more accessible, smoother faster and will obviously be delivered higher up the Rev range, will be some experience....it will be a masterpiece. Combine that with the lightweight and dynamics, everything a track car should be, a Speciale really only made sense on the track.... I really hope you lucky selected owners use them on the track, that would be maximum pleasure...

24. 4re4ever

4re4ever Formula 3

Mar 26, 2006
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Simon
    Power is a let down:

Ferrari's V12 design has reached the limit of it's output with the VS 819hp.
    That is unless they are holding back maybe 30hp for the La Ferrari replacements V12.

- New V12 design = It's currently the best possible design.
    - Increasing the capacity = Eco and road legal issues.
    - Turbo a V12 = Ferrari name being mud.
    - Electrify = Already confirmed not for the 812 VS (Keeps owners happy that way) but maybe the next Generation so they can keep the V12.

I think the Car is a little more special than you give it credit for but we are all welcome to our opinion. All the best

25. 4re4ever

4re4ever Formula 3

Mar 26, 2006
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Simon
    Anyone have a HighRes image of the Dash please