For Sale - 2007 Special Anniversary Edition Radical SR3 | FerrariChat

For Sale 2007 Special Anniversary Edition Radical SR3

Discussion in 'Other Cars' started by gobble, Apr 8, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. gobble

gobble Formula 3
    Owner Regional Sponsor

Jan 29, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    Full Name:
    Ferrarifobs.com
    After a summer with just loving this car I decided to upgrade to the new Radical SR3 SRX. This car is just a blast to drive on track days.

This 2007 Special Anniversary Edition SR3 is in excellent condition and has the upgraded 1500cc fuel injected engine that has approximately 30 hours of track day use since it’s last overhaul (no racing). This car has many desirable options including: dry sump lubrication, PADDLE SHIFTERS, high downforce body, carbon fiber halo (head restraint), heavy duty axles, and carbon fiber Le Mans mirrors. The gearbox was just completely rebuilt and the ECU just upgraded to the newer MBE9A4 from SBD Motorsport.

The car received a full inspection from Team Stradale last season. I've done 3 track days with the car since. The body condition is amazing (I actually did paint correction) with just a few non-structural stress cracks on one of the pods.

I had the custom graphics done last summer to make it look like the Momo 333 SP. They can easily be removed.

Asking $30,000

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. HotShoe

HotShoe F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2008
    Lake Worth, FL
    Full Name:
    Anthony Lauro
    Wow!!!

what are maintenance and running costs like?

3. gobble

gobble Formula 3
    Owner Regional Sponsor

Jan 29, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    Full Name:
    Ferrarifobs.com
    I would say the maintenance costs are not bad if you have DIY skills and just doing lapping days. If you're doing serious racing and having a Radical dealer do your maintenance I'm sure the costs can add up.

HotShoe likes this.
  4. christianscott

Mar 14, 2005
    Auburn, NH
    Full Name:
    Christian C Scott
    Love the homage to the Momo 333SP! Radicals seem like a great way to get involved in track events.

JG333SP, gt1995 and technom3 like this.
  5. gobble

gobble Formula 3
    Owner Regional Sponsor

Jan 29, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    Full Name:
    Ferrarifobs.com
    I brought a 333SP Momo model to a local place called CGI Premier and they did a great job. I know the owner through a friend so didn’t pay full price, which would likely have been expensive. If you’ve seen a portable set on the field at an NFL game or a trailer that turns into some sort of display you’ve probably seen their work.

6. gobble

gobble Formula 3
    Owner Regional Sponsor

Jan 29, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    Full Name:
    Ferrarifobs.com
  7. Gle8

Gle8 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

I know this is a stupid question, but....

Can there be made street legal? In a no emissions / inspection County?

8. gobble

gobble Formula 3
    Owner Regional Sponsor

Jan 29, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    Full Name:
    Ferrarifobs.com
    I know it's been done but don't know how difficult it would be. Your first issue will be that the front splitter is about 1.5" from the ground.

9. Tifosi Dude

Tifosi Dude Karting

Dec 16, 2018
    Full Name:
    Ata Orkun Oguz
    My height is 192 cm. Can I fit in the car?
    Kind regards

10. Zalfor

Zalfor Karting

Mar 31, 2013
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    John
    yes

kiag and Tifosi Dude like this.
  11. gobble

gobble Formula 3
    Owner Regional Sponsor

Jan 29, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    Full Name:
    Ferrarifobs.com
    Unfortunately I don't have much video, but here is a (slow) video of me around Road America. I was still getting used to the car and also need taller gears for such a long track. A good driver could shave 20 seconds off this time. Also, don't mind the RPM gauge. I had it wired wrong and had to fix it.

VAF84 and Matt LaMotte like this.
  12. marauder

marauder Rookie

May 2, 2021
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Full Name:
    Marco Leal
    Hi! A friend of mine here on the forum pointed this out to me. I'm potentially interested in your Radical SR3. Apparently, I can't PM you because I haven't posted yet. :) Can you PM me? Thanks!

13. gobble

gobble Formula 3
    Owner Regional Sponsor

Jan 29, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    Full Name:
    Ferrarifobs.com
    I just sent you a PM. Let me know if that works.

14. Baker19

Baker19 Rookie

Jul 5, 2015
    I just bought a used 2015 SR3 RSX (first year of the third generation). I test drove an SR3 and was immediately sold. Had the chance to test drive the new SR10 but this will give you all you want! They are absolutely unbelievable. 2/3G of lateral grip. You can put these into a corner flat out and they will stick like they are on rails. They will make you feel like Lewis Hamilton in an F1 car.

The Radical Registry has a buyers guide that is tremendously helpful for SR3s but these things are pretty bulletproof. Having said that, with any dedicated race car, you will have maintenance. You need to rebuild the engine and gearbox (GDU) every 40 hours at $12K. Spring Mountain is the best place in the US for engine and GDU rebuilds. Tires are about $1,700 a set. Other than that, change the oil after every weekend and go have fun. I was considering a factory Porsche GR3 Cup car but these are faster and you can run them for about 1/3 the cost. Looks like a nice car and that's a great price. I promise you it will be the most fun in a car you will ever have for 3X this price. Someone should jump on this ASAP. Your cheeks will be hurting from all that smiling when you drive one.

tantumaude likes this.
  15. gobble

gobble Formula 3
    Owner Regional Sponsor

Jan 29, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    Full Name:
    Ferrarifobs.com
    Good comments although myself (and Charlie who runs the Radical registry) would disagree with the rebuild every 40 hours comment if used for lapping days and not racing. The Radical handbook has similar commentary. I would take this to 80-100 hours with my moderate driving of the car.

16. gobble

gobble Formula 3
    Owner Regional Sponsor

Jan 29, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    Full Name:
    Ferrarifobs.com
    From page 5 of the owners manual:

“Engines which are not raced, regularly cover 90 hours without requiring attention.”

17. Zalfor

Zalfor Karting

Mar 31, 2013
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    John
    just run the engine until it blows.

RandyT likes this.
  18. RandyT

RandyT Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2016
    Calabasas, CA