CS Market | Page 446 | FerrariChat

CS Market

Discussion in '360/430' started by stokpro, Mar 13, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Matt Andrews

Matt Andrews Formula Junior

Dec 31, 2006
    Newport Beach, CA
    Mike - was not at all meant as an insult. And I'm sorry it came across that way. I know of no other registry and have leveraged your data a ton as I have looked at these cars on and off the last couple years. I'm sure its a thankless job. Thank you for the time you put into it.

joe sackey, Licht, Vegas CS and 2 others like this.
  2. arizonaitalian

arizonaitalian F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    #11127 arizonaitalian, Apr 19, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2021
    your registry is invaluable and greatly appreciated!

And, otoh, there are better places for a shopper to determine what is for sale. (scanning and eliminating dups on AT, Cars.com, ebay, etc, etc)

Both are true.

(with all you do for us with the registry, we don't expect you to do all that on sorting the sales and keeping it updated on a real-time basis!)

Licht, Matt Andrews, Vegas CS and 3 others like this.
  3. bigsquat

bigsquat Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2013
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Troy
    Type the vin into the search bar here and you will find a lot of info on the car. If I was not in the process of buying one right now I would make an offer that one. Sounds like a very well sorted car for the money.

F1 SML8R likes this.
  4. Mikestradale

Mikestradale F1 Rookie

Jan 25, 2006
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Thanks. Yes, you’re right. The forsale list on my page is just a (manual) compilation of cars.com ebay dupont mobile.de autotrader and all the others. But it’s basically already outdated the day after I’ve updated it. I try to check for dead links once a month. And add new cars to the list when I come across a new advertisement.

Updating the registry is much easier (and more fun to do :)).

AndreB likes this.
  5. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Your site led me to my CS, and likely another. LOVE the site. Put up a tips jar and happy to contribute.

Nine9Three and arizonaitalian like this.
  6. F1 SML8R

F1 SML8R Karting

Oct 20, 2012
    Irvine
    Full Name:
    Carlos M.
    Thanks, I actually did that before posting including reading about 200+ pages of this 400+ page thread for any other info. I could find. Anyone that's followed this car definitely knows about all of the work/maintenance that was done to the car per the various listings from Boardwalk (the first time) and Cats Exotics. However, through the same 200+ pages of reading, you pick up on conjecture that there's more to the story (i.e., paint work, possibly more, etc.).

Full transparency, I was looking at this car and before reaching out to Cats (last time they had it), I contacted a few people here that would have had first or second hand knowledge, yet none of them responded to my PM's. So, when I saw it up again, I figured I'd post here and hope someone would chime in with any first hand knowledge in hopes of getting some additional insight on why this car keeps trading hands and is selling for roughly half of most average asking prices and even less when compared to a couple of the outlier asking prices.

7. Vegas CS

Vegas CS Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 5, 2018
    Vegas
    Full Name:
    James
    The mileage is about double what the other cars have but the price is about 25% less. IMO, that’s the difference.

8. bigsquat

bigsquat Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2013
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Troy
    Definitely the mileage. I had a deal, which unfortunately just unceremoniously fell through, for a 24k mile CS for $170k. The car that had the factory replacement engine.

9. Mikestradale

Mikestradale F1 Rookie

Jan 25, 2006
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Mike
    The tips jar is a good idea to pay for the hosting bills etc. I will look into it. I want to do something extra for the people who will donate. Working on it now. You guys will like this but it will take some time to set up. TBC ;)

Also, I just went through the list of ads today. 5 cars for sale in the US at the moment. These ads seem to be active and still available. Did I miss anything?

ZFFDU57A440133305
    Blu Tour de France / Cuoio leather / 12336 miles / $215000
    https://www.elitemotorsports.com/2004-Ferrari-360-Challenge-Stradale-Austin-Texas-78726/6292189

ZFFDU57A940134840
    Blu Tour de France / Cuoio leather / 5958 miles / $339995
    https://www.wideworldferrari.com/inventory/used-2004-ferrari-challenge-stradale-base-rwd-2d-coupe-zffdu57a940134840/

ZFFDU57A440136866
    Argento Nürburgring / red-black alcantara / 48638 miles / $159900
    https://www.boardwalkferrari.com/used/Ferrari/2004-Ferrari-Challenge+Stradale-Dallas-9969d3a50a0e08b9741995c315c75a8e.htm

ZFFDU57A740136957
    Blu Tour de France / Cuoio leather / 10500 miles / $275000
    https://www.dupontregistry.com/autos/listing/2004/ferrari/360--challenge--stradale/2405877

ZFFDT57B000138972 <=== EURO VIN
    Rosso Fiorano (dark red carbon now) / red-black alcantara / 13106 miles / $299000
    https://www.ferrariwestlake.com/auto/used-2004-ferrari-360-challenge-stradale-near-thousandoaks-ca/42471567/

AndreB, Vegas CS and dustman like this.
  10. Matt Andrews

Matt Andrews Formula Junior

Dec 31, 2006
    Newport Beach, CA
    thanks for posting! bizarre that 3 of the 5 cars available now are blue.

duck.co.za and RANDY6005 like this.
  11. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    And how many are in non storied condition?

12. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    There's a 6th available privately, also blue, and posted up by the owner here in this thread recently. Will be sold Friday it seems but unfortunately not to me.

13. Oz-ATL

Oz-ATL Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 14, 2011
  14. AndreB

AndreB Karting

Jun 8, 2018
    HTX
    Full Name:
    Ndr
    tres55 likes this.
  15. BMW.SauberF1Team

Dec 4, 2004
    Nope talking about 139361. Unfortunately I got beat by a "California buyer with cash coming Friday." Seems to be the recurring them I had in AZ and now in FL with CA buyers coming into my local market...oh well. Maybe I'll save up more now and get a Speciale. After this I rather have a dealer experience and get that rather than private party asap sales. Nice first world problems at least.

Oz-ATL likes this.
  16. Oz-ATL

Oz-ATL Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 14, 2011
    oh the Blu Mediterraneo one. Sorry as that is a beautiful car. Amazing color.

BMW.SauberF1Team likes this.
  17. Teenferrarifan

Teenferrarifan F1 Rookie

Feb 21, 2003
    Media, PA
    Full Name:
    Erik
    Am I the only one shocked that these cars aren’t more valuable? We have now had our CS for over 5 years and while we only put about 1-2k miles on it, they are simply amazing cars (we have 2 other Ferrari’s and a number of other cars that get driving time).

Besides the driving experience these are incredible cars to see and hear. I honestly would have believed they would be $100k higher then where they are. I actually prefer the CS to our 488.

Picture of ours just for reference and cause I love an excuse to post!

Erik
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

FredM69, ShineKen, AndreB and 6 others like this.
  18. CarbonDan

CarbonDan Karting

Aug 19, 2017
    PNW
    I cannot for the life of me figure out how ZFFDU57A440136866 is still for sale! I have seen that car in person many times when it used to live in the northwest and it was a solid driver's car. Very highly maintained, the owner never had any issues with it. It was maintained by the same shop that looks after my cars.

19. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    IDK. Cats to BW back and forth trying to sell it off. Not sure what the story is.

20. BMW.SauberF1Team

Dec 4, 2004
    Color, miles, and lack of stripe is why I am not pursuing it.

21. roma1280

roma1280 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

May 2, 2010
    Palm Beach, Roma
    I miss my CS every day and agree with your comments about how great the car is. If I had to guess why it is not more highly prized I would blame the gearbox. First gen single clutch thump in the back. Yes we all love that, but maybe others don’t. If the CS was manual it would be worth double.
    Guys are doing conversions now to manual as I am sure you have seen.
    I bought a new 360 Modena F1 “in period” and intended to use it every day. My first 10 minutes in traffic showed me that wouldn’t work. Nudging the car forward, the gearbox overheated almost immediately and every time you pressed the accelerator it beeped 3 times to let me known I had to pull over, but I couldn’t. It was infuriating.

4retr and Teenferrarifan like this.
  22. F1 SML8R

F1 SML8R Karting

Oct 20, 2012
    Irvine
    Full Name:
    Carlos M.
    I've brought this up a couple of times and just stopped given I don't want to be seen as "stirring the pot". In all cases I've brought the topic up as a genuine buyer (not a lot of posts, mostly research, but been a members since 2012), but when we get to specifics, it's crickets. Certainly the bouncing around of the car is what triggered my higher than normal level of due diligence. Then, to add more fuel, check-out page 436 of this thread starting with post 10885. you'll see that at post 108888, examples of people claiming paint work was involved chimed in or were quoted. However, I reached out to them for specifics and got nothing. I actually even reached out to the last owners as well and got nothing back. I get it, we don't have to answer random inquiries, but it certainly adds to the mystery for all of us thinking "what's wrong with the car...". And then, for a self described skeptic as myself that's genuinely interested I just elect to move along if hard questions can't be answered.

Lastly, before anyone suggests it, yes I've talked to the F dealer and Cats, I think you know their response, "car's awesome, just buy it".

dustman likes this.
  23. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    Seems like a good candidate for a manual conversion :). That would solve half of the car's potential issues. At $130k...I'll buy it and convert it. F it.

-K1- likes this.
  24. AndreB

AndreB Karting

Jun 8, 2018
    HTX
    Full Name:
    Ndr
    I have received info and maintenance history on the car as I was interested in buying (bought another one instead and I am so pumped (not CS)).

It is definitely a car that requires due diligence. I thought it seems to have been maintained well from the records.

I personally really like the argento color on a 360, even on a Stradale. Very classy and worthy of the Avvocato style.

25. tres55

tres55 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 18, 2012
    Canada
    Oz-ATL likes this.