812 VS Rumors | Page 280 | FerrariChat

812 VS Rumors

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by Frenzisko, Feb 10, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. LMH

LMH Karting

May 5, 2019
    Spain
    Amen

Enviado desde mi iPad utilizando FerrariChat

2. Boots

Boots Formula 3

Jan 17, 2020
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Jake

Attached Files:

of2worlds likes this.
  3. klinkman

klinkman Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 29, 2018
    Full Name:
    Eric
    exactly

4. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    New question....

Is everyone good with no rear view (other than some digital display)? Seems quite different than anything Ferrari has ever done before on a road going car..

Image Unavailable, Please Login

the "greenhouse" is going to be very dark, unless there is some sort of wall behind the seats because there are some devices behind rather than cargo space...

however, from this video

it appears there is no trunk, no cargo space at all (wonder where the top for the Aperta will go? maybe it stays home in the garage...) or if those lines do open for a trunk/cargo area, it will be awkward at best to use since it is high up?

That video does not show anything from the interior other than a glimpse of the dash...

So, could there be an extra source of power underneath that cover?

of2worlds likes this.
  5. TAM340R

TAM340R Karting

Jul 26, 2015
    exactly my reflexion just like the picture,,,,plus maybe a bigger ‘’hand painted shield’’....btw what grey is it?...
    For the first time I am also wondering about a red one with golden rims :))

tam

LMH, 355TDI, gzachary and 2 others like this.
  6. matts086

matts086 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 6, 2017
    Toronto, ON
    I'm driving a new Escalade with the digital rear view mirror and it's hands down way better than the standard mirrors in cars. The clarity and field of view is so much nicer. I wish every car had the camera/mirror setup to be honest... It takes a few days to get used to but once you do, it's hard to go back to the standard mirror setup.

7. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
  8. isot

isot Formula 3

May 6, 2012
    Lucca
    Full Name:
    Alberto
    Grigio Titanio?? I have no infos..

9. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    In red this 812 competizione looks better than the tdf. This car is superb: I'm just telling my opinion, of course, but this is one of the best looking Ferrari of the last 40 years

Ciao

Gazza21, Spider68, Prancing12 and 9 others like this.
  10. gzachary

gzachary Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Jan 10, 2011
    California
    #6985 gzachary, Apr 23, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2021
    On Competizione as the name, your point makes complete logical sense based on history of racing. My own personal thoughts were that the 365 GTB/4 Competizione was the Daytona. That assumes if remember correctly. :) My passion eclipses my knowledge. I will be the first to admit this. :) And there was a low volume 275 Competitione that was aluminum bodied as opposed to the usual steel 275. As well as the 250 SWB Competizione that was also aluminum bodied.

I do hear you loud and clear about the Competizione name. At the same time, GTO with the 599 never represented a homologated race vehicle. So perhaps the naming here is being driven more by the dream and spirit of racing. Thus the tie in to the recent video with the FXXK-Evo, 488C-Evo, and Modificata (thank you @maha). The dream and spirit of racing is also being delivered by marketing channels to remember the history of GTO, even though the 599 never raced even though it was state of the art V12 at that time.

Personally, It would be quite exciting to see a renewed drive (pun intended) to involve more of the customers in track driving and corse clienti programs. There is a big gulf between XX/Ferrari Challenge and owning a vehicle. Corse Pilota is just a small step. Modificata an indicator. Getting customers to live their dream is key. Not just as the driving experience...but as the racing experience. This could also be quite profitable for Ferrari as a business as Corse Clienti racing already is. Also, from my involvement in Ferrari Challenge, the spirit of comraderie and community with other drivers is amazing. I really feel the Ferrari spirit throughout the entire experience. Equal to the racing. And everytime I get in my F cars at home, it makes those memories so much more special and memorable. Also, in a moment of self-deprecation but truth, in my first season...lets says that I was not at the......Fangio level. Or close!!! LOL! But I have loved every minute of it.

Sorry for the long diatribe. Well, who knows if I am right. This is just so much fun every day...well every hour to chat with everyone.

11. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    hmm, definite family resemblance:

From the gills behind the rear tires to the 'gills' being included on the back cover, a variation of the theme...

And, notice the steepness of the tail, also resembling the 812VS...definitely looks like inspiration!

12. 4_Eff_Sake

4_Eff_Sake Formula Junior

Jul 30, 2016
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Scott
    #6987 4_Eff_Sake, Apr 23, 2021

@Lukeylikey With all due respect, I think your analysis of the lines and flow of the TDF is incomplete - you can’t just consider the TDF’s lines from a side view.

Looking at the view shown in @MDEL’s post, the airflow design is unified from front to back.

And the bonnet of the TDF shouts “Race Car”.

I like the new car, but it’s statement is “Muscle Car”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IlModenese, mepassione and Eilig like this.
  13. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    #6988 Lukeylikey, Apr 23, 2021
    I didn’t reference MDEL’s pictures, I referenced the ones I showed where I believe my points hold. In MDEL’s pictures the F12TDF looks more resolved and it catches the car at a more favourable angle, albeit one you almost never see on the road. I already stated it looks much better in real life than the 2d side profile I showed. However, the stark 2d image shows what is actually happening with the lines better - the air bridge leading into the side creases looks like a feature added on to a car already drawn. The 812s side creases look more of an inherent part of the design, for better or worse. On the VS they look fully featured and lend the car a more prone stance. My point was more about the folly of reaching final conclusions about the VS, especially negative ones. I think it will look good and very possibly better than even the TDF. We shall all see at some point. Happy for you not to agree, we all see things differently.

I’ve added the photo I quoted again for reference.

Attached Files:

14. day355

day355 Formula 3

Jun 25, 2006
    Alberto, troppo limoncello o grappa stasera ?;)

Gianfranco341 likes this.
  15. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
  16. 4_Eff_Sake

4_Eff_Sake Formula Junior

Jul 30, 2016
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Scott
    For clarity... I note you responded to my original post before I edited it. On rereading, I felt my use of the word “nonsense” was too harsh, so you will see I have edited it to reiterate my intended point. Your analysis (by your own admission, I acknowledge) only took into account side profiles. I am simply stating that assessing a beautiful 3D work of art in a single plane is insufficient to do it justice

But please don’t take offence at my original clumsy wording

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lukeylikey and Eilig like this.
  17. faykau

faykau Formula Junior

Dec 19, 2013
    I think the 812 VS is designed with more care as an 3d object compared to the TDF, similar to the way the Laferrari was designed. The lines and flows is arguably more cohesive than the TDF as a whole. That said, there are parts of the TDF that are just superior to the VS. The front bumper, the shape of the headlight, the simplistic, angler and muscular door creases and lines, and hood are better looking imo than those parts on the VS. The VS does have a sexier rear with much more resolved design almost everywhere (except that odd-looking retangular-ish rear light cover panel). I was never much of a fan of the awkward TDF carbon side vent near the front wheels but man the VS carbon hood wing is pretty ugly in my opinion. Never liked those TDF specced with the horizontal stripe and now Ferrari is forcing every one to get that on their VS...
    I like the panel with small winglets replacing the rear window but I wonder how 'cosmophobic' it would feel inside the car and how inconvenient it would be to drive.
    Overall I think it is a great improvement over the not so pretty 812 SF. But something about the overly detailed exterior that kind of turns me off compared to the simple yet aggressive TDF.

18. Forza Scuderia

Forza Scuderia Formula Junior

Jan 13, 2015
    The Sith Lord’s Bodyguard Ferrari ... love it!

perrinnation likes this.
  19. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    Its an obvious pattern. First no front windshield (Monza) and now no rear one. Next one perhaps no side windows then we start over again.

Still wondering what that noise was in the track video of the mule. If there is no surprise back there then all I can think of is it was added solely to confuse.

Caeruleus11, of2worlds and JTSE30 like this.
  20. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    And that same noise also occurred on a recent FUV video...

listen 11-13sec and 40-42sec

Agreed, if no surprise, what's the point of that sort of confusion.

And, good point, first no windshield, now no rear view , what's next? Popup wings everywhere?

Solid State likes this.
  21. Camlet1

Camlet1 Formula 3

May 3, 2014
    UK
    Salut mon bon ami! The trio would probably make a very sweet micro-collection, don't you think? We'll see. Stay well.

dcmetro likes this.
  22. Camlet1

Camlet1 Formula 3

May 3, 2014
    UK
    I beg to differ. In the flesh, the tdf's front diffuser is a work of art. I detail my own cars. Cleaning the tdf's diffuser is positively sensual.

of2worlds, PeterMac, j09333 and 3 others like this.
  23. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    Indeed very sweet !:D

Camlet1 likes this.
  24. Camlet1

Camlet1 Formula 3

May 3, 2014
    UK
    As the original owner of a beautiful and wonderfully bonkers 599 GTO, I hope you're correct. She's mad as a box of frogs, and I love her for that.

of2worlds, cesman and leopoldo like this.