Buying another Ferrari to get an SF90S? | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Buying another Ferrari to get an SF90S?

Discussion in 'SF90 Stradale' started by Dilusha, Aug 7, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. day355

day355 Formula 3

Jun 25, 2006

To be intellectually honest, I prefer not to tell you what they think off of this car at the factory, you would be greatly upset!

gliazzurri likes this.
  2. JJ77

JJ77 Formula Junior

Oct 3, 2020
    Taxi for Day355.....

Il Co-Pilota likes this.
  3. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    Now, I wonder what that "insider chap", day355, who was adamant that it weighs in at 1886 kg (the "6" is what cracked me up - not 1880, not 1890, he was really specific!!!) has to offer as an excuse...

4. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    No I would not. I know some like it and some don't. I don't care.

5. Ale55andr0

Ale55andr0 Karting

May 23, 2019
    #80 Ale55andr0, Apr 25, 2021
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2021
    so 1886 was a ********

REALZEUS and Il Co-Pilota like this.
  6. day355

day355 Formula 3

Jun 25, 2006
    Wait until you put a car delivered near your home on the scale as "it was done here" and you will be surprised!
    And preferably with all fluids and basic options.
    You have no idea how Ferrari works, which is not in the literature.

gliazzurri likes this.
  7. day355

day355 Formula 3

Jun 25, 2006
    Wrong, Pista is 1510 kg !!!

8. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Oh, so the Pista I saw scaled less than 6 months ago had helium in the tyres? Fancy that.

9. day355

day355 Formula 3

Jun 25, 2006
    Pista with all fluids and the full tank of gasoline is 1510 kg.
    If you find a Pista with the fluids and the full tank of gasoline at 1385 kg, I will give you money !!!

of2worlds likes this.
  10. day355

day355 Formula 3

Jun 25, 2006
    You know what, as soon as possible, I'll take the picture of the car on the 4 scales so that you can see the weight per wheels precisely, at least, just facts!

of2worlds likes this.
  11. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Well, seems like you haven't either.
    The car I saw that sat at exactly 1730 was full of fuel and a customer car DRIVEN on to the scales - it was non AF too. It was weighted on a Intercomp Pro system with matching drive-on plates, so nothing wrong with the gear. Now go post in the 166 Inter section. I'm sure they'll love you there.

12. day355

day355 Formula 3

Jun 25, 2006
    Listen, if the truth bothers you, why not ...
    you are the greatest driver in the world who knows everything about Ferrari, who bought the best car in the world, and everything Ferrari does is perfect!
    Does that suit your ego ???

13. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    Did you even bother to read what people have written? A shipping company (which wouldn't underweigh the car, as they get paid by the weight they have to transport), clocked it at 1670 kilos. Not a factory number, but the reading on the scales!!! You still don't get it???

14. day355

day355 Formula 3

Jun 25, 2006
    The same shipping company that weighed the Pista at 1385 kg ??? !!!
    I suggest you better, it is the car pictured with the 4 digital scales which are used to weigh cars !!!
    Did you bother to read ???

In the meantime, good continuation on this post !

15. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    Hopeless... #1886-ΝΟΤ!

16. gzachary

gzachary Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Jan 10, 2011
    California
    #91 gzachary, Apr 25, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2021
    I am just stating what the air freight shipper put on the air freight manifest to calculate the price I paid for shipping.

The car left Milan, flew into Los Angeles then via carrier to my dealership. The service manager told me it went right into PDI with the fluids in it without gas. This was my Pista with lifter, hi-fi, leather (I don’t like alcantara personally as I drive the car a lot and don’t want the nero seats turning white). Also, no carbon fiber wheels. The 1385kg did not include any gas.

22 gallons of premium gas = 140 lbs / 64 kg which would be roughly full tank. To compare it to the SF90, I would take the 3/4 tank measure and add 48kg which would add up to 1413 kg. So roughly ~300 kg less than the SF90. When I drive the SF90, I feel this. But it feels nimbler and lighter than the 812 IMO.

There is a chance that the shipper used numbers from Ferrari directly instead of their own calculations, etc. I don’t know that. All I do know is what an apparently independently company put on their shipping manifest. Just reporting the data.

If you would like I can go ask the service group again to check on whether cars flown in include fluids (but not gas).

My experience is the myriad of views on weight definition, its importance to enjoyment, and to the definition of what is a real Ferrari vs. is not. I have a friend with a 250 SWB who thinks and feels that classic and true Ferrari was over with the advent of power steering with the 365 GTC/4 and that model was the beginning of the “modern era.” The end of true Ferrari.

He thinks the only “modern” legit car (including F50 and McLaren F1) will be Gordon Murray’s T.50 and then it is over. And before that he says there is nothing going back to the 275.
    Sorry for the long paragraph there. But he is extremely weight conscious (such a California term given where I live) and “raw” metal car person.

My goal is to have everyone in the group provide their perspective. Data too. Hopefully it’s observed as well. My observation was from a sheet of paper from a shipper. That’s the best I can tell you. I don’t want to add gas (pun intended) to the fire. Just help us.

[gTr] and of2worlds like this.
  17. day355

day355 Formula 3

Jun 25, 2006
    No problem, discussions should be fun!
    I suggest posting pictures of the car's weight on professional scales as soon as possible.
    My opponents above were to be delighted!
    Afterwards, maybe I should also spend less time on this forum ...

18. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    One California collector did a story somewhere here on the weight of a Challenge Stradale and various other Ferrari models in his collection. Then his car friends shared some of their cars to. Weight is an interesting topic because it is an objective way to compare different cars when equally presented. The weight question still consumes lots of interest because it is not subjective like an opinion. Some 'real world' weight numbers should make everyone more knowledgeable...

19. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Yeah, fun discussions. Fun... What the hell is fun about what you are bringing to the table? Is it fun to out of the blue tell me that you could talk to people at the factory who would tell me that the car I like and wait for is considered a piece of crap? Yep, lots of insightful and constructive fun.

You are not participating in a discussion, and you are not bringing a damn thing of value or fun to the table. All you do most of the time is go out of your way to make sure that people know that it is wrong to like the car they like. You spend a lot of time making sure that we know that an "aficionado" like you know better, and that if we don't agree, we are not real drivers, real enthusiasts or know cars, and that overall we are idiots for liking the SF90, Pista or even the 812VS it would seem. Every damn time you come into the SF90 forum and flap your jaw, it is to spread your negative bile. All you are here to do, is to make others feel bad by making yourself look good. I don't know about others, but I'm for one is properly fed up with all your ********, your constant negativity and derogatory comments towards what others like. I suggest that you stay the hell out of the SF90 forum because you are not here to bring anything of value. Your mother obviously failed to teach the most basic thing about common courtesy. If you don't have anything nice to say, shut the **** up.

Ltfor3, Jaguar36, F142George and 2 others like this.
  20. GTHill

GTHill F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2006
    Double Wide
    Full Name:
    GT Hill
    @day355 and @Il Co-Pilota

Let's step back a bit and keep these conversations more friendly. I'm not citing either of you as "the one who started it" or one "worse than the other". Let's just strive to make it more civil. Thank you very much.

GT

EnzoItaly and of2worlds like this.
  21. Ale55andr0

Ale55andr0 Karting

May 23, 2019

I'm pretty shure that if Ferrari knew that there is an (alleged) insider that spread internal number and pic, talk "not properly well" about the company and suggest to buy mclaren the guy in question could have a bad day

Il Co-Pilota likes this.
  22. day355

day355 Formula 3

Jun 25, 2006

I think you didn t understand correctly that I am trying to alert you to a reality that escapes you, it is that digital cars will cause the disappearance of the cars that we mostly love here!
    The SF 90 is the first stone of this building.
    This is another brand that is taking shape.
    But obviously, it seems to suit you, and I can understand that, all tastes are respectable.
    The difference between us is that you don't know how Ferrari works and what's going to happen.
    My interventions are preventive, I am not on the ego.
    You position yourself at the level of the ego, which is absolutely not the meaning of my speech.
    The truth can be disturbing, but by continuing to legitimize everything and anything, do not come to cry the day when you will no longer have cars related to the very DNA of the brand.

of2worlds likes this.
  23. day355

day355 Formula 3

Jun 25, 2006
    I think you misread what I meant.
    We're going to take a friend's or an acquaintance's car and put it on scales. There is no mention of the factory anywhere in my remarks.
    Suggest buying Mc Laren, you are not addressing the right person and you must be confused.
    However, I wish you a lot of fun with your SF 90 !

of2worlds likes this.
  24. day355

day355 Formula 3

Jun 25, 2006
    Unlike you, I have never been insulting!
    On the other hand, you apparently cannot stand the contradiction.
    End of the controversy over me, while remaining polite.

25. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Unlike me you have never been insulting?! Get off your high hjrse and reat through your comments. You are condesending and insulting. Insulting is not just defined by swearing at someone, you should know that. Please put me on ignore, I'll do the same with you. I'm really not interested in having any further conversations with you.

Sent from my SM-G930F using FerrariChat.com mobile app