812VS - F8 VS next? | Page 5 | FerrariChat

812VS - F8 VS next?

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by pninja005, Apr 21, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Thats not a bad idea actually.

cridom60 and Natkingcolebasket69 like this.
  2. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    Next thing you have is a Pista +

GT2goneF likes this.
  3. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    You can be pretty sure the LB will be a success. That's the great thing about being Ferrari. There's always people lining up to purchase their sportsçars. We here on Fchat represent a small geeky group and quite a few of us are not interested - at this point. But plenty of current and new clients will be lining up for the latest and greatest Maranello has to offer. There are still many who are out of the 812 GTS and SF90 game due to price, and thus these lower level entries will be just the ticket. You will also have to keep in mind that the hybrid will add two segments. Those who can now justify a sportscar to themselves and the world because it's "green", and those living in major cities where driving at certain times or in certain areas require a car to run electric power. There will also be places where the hybrid element adds a significant tax deduction etc.

I think Ferrari can sell them faster than they can make them.

Sent from my SM-G930F using FerrariChat.com mobile app

4. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Which is exactly what a VS would be

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Natkingcolebasket69

I agree on all accounts. It will be a success and the most sold Ferrari ever, just like the urus for lambo...
    But not sure it will be a collectible

6. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    Die hard Ferrari enthusiasts will purchase the next Ferrari regardless of its appearance, power plant or any other metric. The more impartial super car devotee will need to be convinced.

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  7. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    V6 will do very well.

8. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Yeah the masses won't care they will just be thrilled that they were able to get a new Ferrari.

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  9. Natkingcolebasket69

All that leads me to wonder if the tributo will end up a success and remembered?

GT2goneF likes this.
  10. JJ77

JJ77 Formula Junior

Oct 3, 2020
    I think so.. this engine won The Engine of the Year 3 years in a row, then it was upped to Pista spec and this engine ended up in the F8. If Ferrari could understand our predicament about the sound and offer an exhaust that didn’t invalidate warranty, I think F8 would be remembered fondly..

11. jmX

jmX Rookie

Jul 8, 2020
    Southern California
    FWIW I'm new here and to the Ferrari brand - what brought me here is the talk of mainstream hybrid Ferraris. The SF90. The upcoming V6 Hybrid. Thats what got me to join and buy in. My background is domestic muscle cars (ie Corvettes), then all Tesla for 5 years.

In the last 12 months I've bought both a 458 and Pista, as Im getting acquainted with things, but I think hybrid is the future. Ill admit the 458 made me question that logic, but at some point it'll be just a really loud beautiful car thats slower than everything out there. Right or wrong the game is changing, and I for one am excited to see what Ferrari can do in the mainstream hybrid supercar space. I'll still probably keep this pista for a very long time. :)

Art138, dpw98 and Natkingcolebasket69 like this.
  12. Cigarzman

Cigarzman F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Image Unavailable, Please Login

I’m looking into this. Supposedly it works without throwing cells. At least it will keep the valves open. Let’s see .....

JJ77 and GT2goneF like this.
  13. Natkingcolebasket69

Yeah but u need a proper exhaust too so it sings like it should. 12k for a novi is a bit steep but oh well...

14. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    Plenty SF90's for sale down under anyone want one ?

15. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    Perhaps. Time will tell.

16. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    Nobody wants them huh? I wonder why? Add this one to the list of not wanting one. If I didn't get the V8, what makes them think I will get a V6.

With that said, I agree. Newcomers will probably buy the crap out of the Turbo Toaster. It won't be unique and it won't be a Ferrari. Ferrari, as it is known, will be over and become a refined Toyota (mass production) factory or non unique expensive cars.

MANDALAY likes this.
  17. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO

What i was told more models and less numbers of each.

With all the starter battery issue they have i believe anyone ordering a SF90 or LB has balls.

I wanna see the SF90 in the dealership how long its stays on the floor.

Nothing would ever convince me on a Hybrid Ferrari.

Gh21631, Shadowfax and GT2goneF like this.
  18. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    I am with you on that. But the world is turning. I will watch and see how they turn around me. I am refusing the electric assist for whatever purpose it may serve. I considered the Taycan for a very brief moment in my life. Nope. can't do it.

Two years ago, I went to Mercedes to look for a new car for my wife. She had driven a GL 550 (school, sports, grocery getter, family car) wheels off. Had it for 7 years, about 120k miles or so. Great car. It was time for a new one. We test drove the C63 S, GLC 63S and the GLE 63S, I wanted the GLS 63S but my wife already had enough of the Big SUV. With that said, she liked the GLE 63S Coupe (which is also a tank), there was the 2019 and the 2020. The 2020 was the electric assist model. I went with the '19 because I wanted no part of the electric non sense and I did not like the new style. Call me old fashioned, antiquated or resistant. if electric anything for power unit "Get off my lawn"!

JTSE30 likes this.
  19. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    The Australian market is not indicative of whether or not the SF90 is a success. From what I can tell, here in Europe and state side, they are doing well. Is the 812 GTS a failure too? Or the F8? You can order those as well you know.

You may not like the SF90, but that does not translate into the car being a failure.

Sent from my SM-G930F using FerrariChat.com mobile app

Gh21631, Lukeylikey and SoCal to az like this.
  20. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    Absolutely, Australia nor any particular country will be an indicator of whether anything may succeed or fail, but it still represents a portion of the population. Whether significant or outlier, that is yet to be determined. The SF90 will probably sell, may likely do well, for sure in the beginning. However, success or fail... too early to tell as it is a transition car. I don't think any particular geographic location will be a determinant factor. Time, however, will. We yet haver to see how it performs with time. For all we know, it may become Ferrari's greatest car. I, still would not like it or buy one. Will it matter to Ferrari or affect their success rate? No. It is just a personal taste, mine. For me, my cars have to depend on fuel to come alive, the only electricity should be generated by a battery to start and keep it running. No electric cheating motors. In my case, electricity is reserved for my toaster, blenders, washing machines, etc.

21. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    I am sure it will be in demand down the road, I dont see why it wouldn't. It is a very good looking car and plenty of performance.

GT2goneF and Natkingcolebasket69 like this.
  22. xBox

xBox Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2018
    The Emerald Isle
    And produced in pretty low numbers.

GT2goneF and Natkingcolebasket69 like this.
  23. day355

day355 Formula 3

Jun 25, 2006
    Excellent analysis !!!
    On the other hand, what I can tell you is that knowing how F 171 will be received gives them gray hair.
    Prepare for an unprecedented marketing offensive!

Caeruleus11, MANDALAY, cesman and 2 others like this.
  24. Natkingcolebasket69

Any idea how many?

25. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    What’s the price point?