RIMAC | FerrariChat

RIMAC

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by NürScud, Jan 9, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. NürScud

NürScud F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2012
    Hello members and Happy New Year!!

I was watching yesterday Nico Rosberg's YouTube channel who had Mate Rimac as a guest, talking about his company and how he created it, future project etc.

At the end of the interview they talked about what's coming next in the industry and Mate Rimac said among other things:

''If I had the money, I would buy myself all of the supercars, hypercars, combustion, hybrid, electric all of that because I love cars but on the other side is the data that tells you that this doesn't make any sense. I'm 100% sure that we will not own cars in the future, we will not drive them anymore, we will use them as a mobility service and it will have such a big impact on society....''

and he continues:

''...the whole industry is going to change. But also to tell you, in the end ..you know all of our grand grandparents probably all had horses and they loved their horses and they knew like 'this is a good horse', this is not a good horse', 'this is a racing horse', 'this is a work horse'. Now we have no idea, at least I don't and we don't own horses but there are people who have race horses, so luckily there will be people like as, petrolheads, who will still have supercars and will love them but probably we will not be able to use them everywhere, there will be designated areas will use them and we will have our race horses that still maybe run on fuel and we still drive them and so on, so there's good news also a little bit, for petrolheads but I think it's going to be a very small fraction of the society that will care about cars to be honest...''

After this, I would like someone to explain me what does he means when he says that 'we will not own cars in the future ore drive them anymore'.

To make it clear i know what he wants to say but how is that possible? I mean, we all own some cars, what will happen to them..?

I'm 33 yrs old, i live in Europe and after this interview I've already been anxious about my BMW M3 and a couple of others!!

Here is the Rimac's interview video:

(what i've mentioned starts at 40:00)

2. absent

absent F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 2, 2003
    illinois
    Full Name:
    mark k.
    Cars as we know them will be regulated out of personal use, will die off, will be uneconomical to use, take your pick.
    We will commute in self driven electric pods and will no longer own personal vehicles.
    I hope not in my lifetime.......

3. NürScud

NürScud F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2012
    I hope not in my lifetime too.

WTF....

4. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
  5. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
    #5 BJK, Mar 9, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2021
  6. MotorMouth

MotorMouth Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 6, 2010
    MA
    Full Name:
    Dave
    I guess he thinks everyone lives in a big city. Can I put farm plates on an 812?

7. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
  8. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
    Prototype

9. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014