Pista-STO- 765LT- AMG Black series | Page 20 | FerrariChat

Pista-STO- 765LT- AMG Black series

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by SoCal to az, Nov 24, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jcmd

Jcmd Formula Junior

Feb 1, 2017
    EMA
    Dont shoot the messenger.

2. exoticcardreamer

exoticcardreamer Formula 3

Dec 9, 2014
    usa
    Full Name:
    doesitmatter
    Cringeworthy when a person (especially at this car level), posts a random video of people trying to be youtube stars and to stay relevant to make a point of what they would or would not do when it comes to what they purchase.

fwiw; I'm on my 10th mclaren with over 40K miles driven and about 100 track days...

People who are one marque specific seem to have the strongest opinions on car forums...

I'm wondering if people would link/post a video (if I made one); as to some sort of justification of what they would or would not do?

Ryan13, Shadowfax, Thecadster and 3 others like this.
  3. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    6500 miles on my 720. 765 LT Spider on order. Performance that blows the pants off anything else out there. Exotic looks that literally have people getting out of their cars to take pictures.

Oh and if you think Im a one trick pony.....own a Pista, used to own a 488. Have a GT3 Touring on order. Used to own a Touring and an RS in addition to various Mercedes/BMWs etc.

Keep watching you tube videos. Ill keep driving.

AD211, JAM1, Thecadster and 4 others like this.
  4. Jcmd

Jcmd Formula Junior

Feb 1, 2017
    EMA
    #479 Jcmd, Apr 26, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2021
    Which is better for you. Your call,.

5. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    This conversation is circular and going nowhere. If you don't want to buy a Mclaren, my advice is, don't.

6. Jcmd

Jcmd Formula Junior

Feb 1, 2017
    EMA
    #482 Jcmd, Apr 26, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2021
  7. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Gh21631, tekaefixe and Coincid like this.
  8. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
  9. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Coincid likes this.
  10. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Coincid likes this.
  11. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    We get it. You don’t like Mclaren but move on dude. Your bias is showing.

12. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    Jcmd- you are obsessed and it reflects badly.

06viper, SoCal to az and mkraft3003 like this.
  13. Jcmd

Jcmd Formula Junior

Feb 1, 2017
    EMA
    Funny.. you started this thread And you asked these questions... im just answering the why not part about the McLaren. Next time dont ask questions.

14. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Read the post above yours.

15. wthensler

wthensler F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2015
    Gator Country, FL
    Full Name:
    William
    Hey, anyone here still getting the STO, or has everyone bailed when it becomes time to step up to the plate? I’m in the batter’s box, next week is showtime (STO-time?). Going to the dealer to try and work out a config - we’ll see.

Won’t see it anytime in 2021 (but that’s true of many folks). Delays, delays.........

Shack likes this.
  16. Jcmd

Jcmd Formula Junior

Feb 1, 2017
    EMA
    on the contrary, your obsession with your new car is way over the top, like we are all making a mistake by not choosing 765 and are missing out and you know best. Some of the comments here. I also follow your posts in other forums snd its more of the same.
    This is YOU:

“The 765 marks the end of an era, the likes of which we will never see again..
    The 765 will never leave my possession. This is precisely the car I have longed for. I had high hopes for the 765 but it has easily eclipsed by a wide margin my most optimistic expectations. I have never said that about any other car.
    After my second 90 minute drive, all of the above multiplied by 10. It is singularly a monumental achievement.
    The 765 must be experienced. It is revelatory. It is an all out assault on the state of the art in super cars. I am beguiled, gobsmacked and feel fortunate to be able to gain entry into car nirvana. After decades of super car ownership and driving experience, the 765 is the most capable, reigns supreme on every performance parameter but more over, creates an intimate and indelible connection between the driver to the car in a uniquely bonding relationship. The adrenaline inducing driving dynamics reaches deep into the soul and stirs every sensory mechanism in the body. These comments may be viewed as hyperbole, but my words are actually being constrained. The deeply emotional chord engendered by the 765 has forever changed my perception of the impact a singularly special car can evoke.”

AND who can forget the long rambling review you gave....you are the epitome of obsessed and it reflects badly on you as u say. Hope you call McLaren about that fire today.

17. Jcmd

Jcmd Formula Junior

Feb 1, 2017
    EMA
  18. soulsea

soulsea Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 14, 2018
    Yikes … so many rich people feels.

19. Jcmd

Jcmd Formula Junior

Feb 1, 2017
    EMA
    i failed to review all the ad personam choices for paint accents ie black roof etc... i dont even know if they offered them in the US market. Review the order guide/pricing, packages so you can make / approx what your budget will buy before the SA inputs the “ order”. It may be months before your order is inputted to Lamborghini. I went to my SA 2 days before the deadline to lock in my order then sent to the factory.. 40 k non refundable deposit and all. Expected delivery July / August.

20. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    #500 Shadowfax, Apr 27, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2021
    Coincids obsession is clearly about his personal excitement and pleasure gained from his 765 ownership experience whereas your obsession appears to be about 765 envy - possibly stemming from not being able to get one?.... hence the obsessive unrelenting trashing the car/brand adnauseum with postings which all backfired. Two totally different obsessions really and not to be confused as the same - (well from what I'm reading so far anyway).

Out of these so called quoted "obsessive behaviors", I'd personally prefer to have Coincid's 765 obsession rather than an obsession of general envy and feeling short changed with ones own lot - which sadly seems to be happening in your case looking back over the posts here. Just saying.....best put it to bed for your own sakes.

06viper, Fastmd, Caeruleus11 and 6 others like this.