Do ferraris 458 onwards have better ergonomics? | FerrariChat

Do ferraris 458 onwards have better ergonomics?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by craze, Apr 19, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. craze

craze Formula 3

Mar 5, 2021
    Melbourne
    Full Name:
    Michael
    I have a f430
    And although i enjoy it, i never feel at home in the cabin

Its as if it was built for smaller people (im 5ft 10)?

Has this been improved in the newer models?

Does anyone else share this feeling?

Thank you

2. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    I'm 6 ft. and fit in the 488 Spider with room to spare. The dct generation is a completely different ballgame.

Sent from my SM-G930F using FerrariChat.com mobile app

3. 3POINT8

3POINT8 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2014
    I have a 458 - I can fit but I would not say it is comfortable. The seat backs always seem to slope back from the steering wheel. I have an F12 and the seats are better but still not super comfortable.

4. craze

craze Formula 3

Mar 5, 2021
    Melbourne
    Full Name:
    Michael
    And one thing i miss from bmw is the split back adjustment, the ferrari only tilts the whole rear, most bmw can tilt the back in 2 parts

Only car that felt perfect with fixed back was an amg imho

5. MattO-47

MattO-47 Rookie

Apr 6, 2021
    Full Name:
    Matt Ockner
    Agreed about the split back of the BMW seats, but with pretty active adjustments and experimentation with the angle of the seat bottom and back, I have have been pleasantly surprised by how comfortable my 458 seats are. My son and I are both about 6' (ok, he's a little taller), but after a drive from Laguna Niguel to SF up coast, we both agreed that the seats were quite comfortable.

6. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    I am 6’6” 265lbs and I fit fine in a 458/488. I also fit fine in all the cars I own (which include 812, Performante, 765LT, 2017 Viper ACR, 2005 Ford GT). Of course, fitting fine, is not the same as fitting comfortably, but that is the price you pay when you are a big dude like me. I really enjoy cars, so I am happy to pay that price.

unreelviper and Texas Forever like this.
  7. Themaven

Themaven F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2014
    Eastdown
    Full Name:
    Darius
    A 458/488/F8 cabin is noticeablely wider than a 430 if you step directly from one to another. I’m not sure though if that solves your interesting question about ergonomics or feeling at home. I am your height and feel the 430 cabin fits me nicely, and not too tight, though I have driven supercars with more generous cabins also. I think it simply comes down to, if you want more space, then the next gen certainly has it.

craze likes this.
  8. bball16

bball16 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 2, 2011
    NY LI FtL
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I’m 6 4 210 and my 458 fits like a glove.

Texas Forever likes this.
  9. jahdish

jahdish Karting

Aug 9, 2004
    tampa, fl
    Full Name:
    Paul Dziadosz
    6’ 4” 235 and no complaints at all. I have a couple of inches of headroom to spare as well

10. craze

craze Formula 3

Mar 5, 2021
    Melbourne
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Which car?

11. jahdish

jahdish Karting

Aug 9, 2004
    tampa, fl
    Full Name: