Novitec Springs for 812SF Initial Thoughts | FerrariChat

Novitec Springs for 812SF Initial Thoughts

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by SeattleStew, Apr 27, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SeattleStew

SeattleStew Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 10, 2020
    In the rain
    Full Name:
    Stew
    I just had my local dealer service department install the Novitec lowering springs onto my 2020 812SF. I wanted to get down my initial thoughts, and add on a more in-depth review later as I get some more miles. Firstly, everywhere was on a 4-6 week+ backorder on the lowering springs for the 812SF. I placed the order with my Ferrari dealer service department, and they showed up about 3 days later. They didn't have them in stock, but the springs showed up very quickly which was really nice.

First impressions:
    The car looks MUCH better in my opinion with the wheel gap reduced. It's not 100% eliminated but that's not as low as I wanted to go. Wheel spacers were a must after lowering, otherwise the wheels looked sunken into the wells. I have a front lift from the factory, so driveways and other obstacles weren't as much of a concern with going a little lower than stock. It's just about 1 inch lower measured at the front center of the bumper.

The handling characteristics of the car feel improved. The ride is slightly stiffer, but much smoother. You feel the bumps, but there is no harsh rebounding. I'm using Michelin Pilot Sport 4s tires, so with different compounds you may experience slightly different results. The body roll was the number one thing that I hoped it would address, and it certainly reduced it by a good margin. The alignment performed after the spring install was also a welcome change to how the car handled. I noted that the car felt a little 'darty/twitchy' on turn in and that I thought the front driver side toe wasn't quite right. After alignment the turn in was much more stable with reduced body roll from the springs and it was confidence inspiring. I would say upon my initial drive across numerous road conditions over ~75 miles that the novitec springs are an upgrade. I did have to use my front lift in some driveways I didn't use to need it. Would I recommend someone buy the springs? Yes, absolutely.

I'll be driving it quite a lot with more good weather on the horizon, as well as on a track day coming in May. I'm looking forward to seeing how it continues to do. At minimum I think the car looks a little more aggressive, and was well worth it. I'll be sure to add on more of my thoughts as I drive it more. Attached is a picture fresh off the lift, I'll have to get more now with the suspension settled.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. klinkman

klinkman Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 29, 2018
    Full Name:
    Eric
    looks great Stew. Hear you on the spacers. Beyond driveways, how are you feeling about clearance? Bottoming anywhere? Tire rub?

3. SeattleStew

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 10, 2020
    In the rain
    Full Name:
    Stew
    Haven't had any clearance issues or bottoming out, too early to fully tell on tire rub. However I haven't felt any tire rub yet.

4. midengine

midengine Karting

May 7, 2007
    Looks NiCE !

What size spacer did you use for the front and the back. Thanks.

5. SeattleStew

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 10, 2020
    In the rain
    Full Name:
    Stew
    10mm front, 15mm rear.