ferrari logo thing fell off | FerrariChat

ferrari logo thing fell off

Discussion in '360/430' started by henley1, Apr 27, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. henley1

henley1 Rookie

Aug 14, 2018
    Full Name:
    Lee
    so...... my Ferrari thing on intake fell off my scud. So is this semi common, what glue do I use put it back on. oh and where do I buy one. thx

2. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    I'd use a few dabs of silicone rtv. If you mess it up, easy to clean off and try again.

RANDY6005 and whatheheck like this.
  3. Scottslaw

Scottslaw Formula Junior

Silicone is indeed easy to clean up, and ease of clean-up is definitely a concern in this area as its hard to apply the adhesive in a manner that doesn't look janky with glue oozing out the sides. But you run a risk of it falling off again and loosing it from out of the undertray (that's what happened to me, and the suckers are not cheap and getting harder to find). I used jb weld and was just very careful with how I applied it (jb weld actually cleans up pretty well if you get at it fairly quickly before it sets up...use the regular stuff, not JBkwick). The nice thing about jbweld is that its extremely strong, not too runny upon initial mixing (a problem with many two-part epoxies which make a clean install in some applications difficult), and is VERY heat resistant (which is key in this engine bay as you know!). Good luck!