2021 Ongoing Connecticut Gathering | Page 3 | FerrariChat

2021 Ongoing Connecticut Gathering

Discussion in 'New England' started by Joe_CT, Jan 8, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Joevs56

Joevs56 Rookie

Oct 23, 2020
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Joseph Sferrazza
    I’ll be there till about 10:45. Got to bring a friend for his Covid shot at 11:30.

2. blown94conv

blown94conv Karting

Feb 3, 2007
    Berlin, CT
    Full Name:
    David
    I may swing by, have to see what the weather does.

3. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
    I'll be by. Have to hit Home Depot after.

4. bman6074

bman6074 Formula 3

Jul 21, 2009
    Farmington
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Rain got pushed out past 2pm.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

5. Joe_CT

Joe_CT Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 16, 2007
    CT
    Full Name:
    Joe
    I had too many things on the to do list today. I hope to see you all next week.

6. blown94conv

blown94conv Karting

Feb 3, 2007
    Berlin, CT
    Full Name:
    David
    Hopefully you guys and gals have fun tomorrow, I’ll be hopefully moving back into my garage.

7. bman6074

bman6074 Formula 3

Jul 21, 2009
    Farmington
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Who's going tomorrow?

8. Joevs56

Joevs56 Rookie

Oct 23, 2020
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Joseph Sferrazza
    Me

davem likes this.
  9. blown94conv

blown94conv Karting

Feb 3, 2007
    Berlin, CT
    Full Name:
    David
    Enjoy the weather tomorrow, it’s going to be a good one!

10. bman6074

bman6074 Formula 3

Jul 21, 2009
    Farmington
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Who's going tomorrow?

11. Joevs56

Joevs56 Rookie

Oct 23, 2020
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Joseph Sferrazza
  12. AbsolutFerrari

AbsolutFerrari Formula Junior

Jul 23, 2009
    Rocky Hill
    Full Name:
    Rick S
    What was going on today? Nobody at C&C

13. bman6074

bman6074 Formula 3

Jul 21, 2009
    Farmington
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Unfortunately no posts here any more. Private texting. Need to get every back on here.

14. AbsolutFerrari

AbsolutFerrari Formula Junior

Jul 23, 2009
    Rocky Hill
    Full Name:
    Rick S
    Really?! Huh. That’s strange.

15. bman6074

bman6074 Formula 3

Jul 21, 2009
    Farmington
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Yea I've tried to get people to post back on here but no one seems to want to. Many said they couldn't figure out how to use the thread. We've lost the purpose of this thread.

16. myslow1

myslow1 Formula Junior

Mar 3, 2006
    Westbrook, CT
    Full Name:
    Craig
    Speaking for myself here. I live an hour away from Glastonbury. On those Sundays when I can get away to drive up there I always check this thread to see if others will be there before I head out. It is a long way for some of us and we hate to get there and find out no one is there that day. It also is a way to keep our little gathering open to any new people to learn about it so they can attend too. Only using text messages for an existing group of people has the effect of excluding those who are not on the list of text recipients. I think whoever is confused about the purpose of this thread should consider the purpose of the gathering to begin with, to include anyone who wants to attend to just to hang out for a while. This thread is the best way to communicate with everyone who might attend or has an interest in joining us.

17. Joe_CT

Joe_CT Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 16, 2007
    CT
    Full Name:
    Joe
    I will start posting here again to keep the group up to date. I have been dealing with some health issues and mostly offline but should be back starting this weekend.

18. bman6074

bman6074 Formula 3

Jul 21, 2009
    Farmington
    Full Name:
    Tom
    I agree. I post here when I'm going. I've been visiting my gf most weekends in Boston. So haven't gone much.

19. Jszymaszek

Jszymaszek Karting

Sep 7, 2009
    Portland, CT
    Full Name:
    Jay Szymaszek
    For those attending Glastonbury coffee and cars this Sunday May 23rd we’re getting a group together to grab lunch after at 12:30 at Max Fish

If you’re interested in attending please text me by Thursday because we need final headcount for reservation.

thanks Jay Szymaszek 860-595-9515

20. Joevs56

Joevs56 Rookie

Oct 23, 2020
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Joseph Sferrazza
    Great pictures Jay!!! Thanks for sharing.

21. Joevs56

Joevs56 Rookie

Oct 23, 2020
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Joseph Sferrazza
    Craig, Rick S. and others effected. As the person who started the group text, I would like to apologize and explain. The group text started with just a half dozen people. It was started because many of the people who account for the present day make up of our Sunday gathering felt excluded. They don’t own a Ferrari and have no interest in becoming a member of Ferrari Chat. This group text was never intended to be a replacement for fchat but a supplement to it. If you look back at the history of the last 12 weeks you will see I have posted 13 times. I’m sorry that trying to include people turned into an exclusion of others. I honestly didn’t think folks would abandon fchat. I didn’t. Going forward, Joe “Joe Ct” will continue to keep everyone updated about the gatherings. I will continue to weigh in as I always have. Thanks Joe for inheriting this job from Fast Lane “Saint Bastage” many years ago and keeping it going.

blown94conv likes this.
  22. Joevs56

Joevs56 Rookie

Oct 23, 2020
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Joseph Sferrazza
    FYI I am not really a rookie. Just messed up when going from Enfield Joe to Joevs56. Hope to see everyone soon.

23. myslow1

myslow1 Formula Junior

Mar 3, 2006
    Westbrook, CT
    Full Name:
    Craig
    I get it, Joe. No need to apologize. Lane and I decided at the beginning that having a Ferrari was never going to be required. We just wanted to get car people together on a very informal basis. I have never owned an Fcar either*. Lane did and he made the initial invitation to get us started on Fchat, since that was the forum that he used that would be easy to get the word out and to coordinate where and when we would meet, etc. The forum is easy for anyone to use. You sign up, but don’t have to pay an annual fee to use it unless you want more bells and whistles.

i haven’t been attending because of Starbuck’s not allowing their restroom to be used and that doesn’t work well for my advanced kidney disease. If they ever get past that nonsense, please let me know. I would like to be able to start joining the gathering again.

*I don’t drink coffee either.

24. Joevs56

Joevs56 Rookie

Oct 23, 2020
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Joseph Sferrazza
    Thanks Craig. You can start coming anytime. Starbucks allows us to do everything but gather at tables. Bathroom is open whether you make a purchase or not. Right now they still require a mask for entry. So as Bob Barker was fond of saying “come on down”.

blown94conv and bman6074 like this.