812 VS Rumors | Page 296 | FerrariChat

812 VS Rumors

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by Frenzisko, Feb 10, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. JagShergill

JagShergill Formula 3

Dec 31, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Jag shergill
    I totally agree ... DC Metro has been on ongoing invaluable contributer to this thread and so surely a little ‘ escalation ‘ between adults should be kept in context ... imho

Boots, Caeruleus11, Garretto and 11 others like this.
  2. JagShergill

JagShergill Formula 3

Dec 31, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Jag shergill
    3 More Sleeps .......

Caeruleus11, maxxy, F140C and 2 others like this.
  3. 4_Eff_Sake

4_Eff_Sake Formula Junior

Jul 30, 2016
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Scott
    I would like to support this comment and add my position. DCMetro has made a valuable consistent contribution to this thread over a very months. To ban him beyond the official release date on the 5th and not allowing him to participate in the immediate post-release discussion seems inappropriately harsh to me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boots, Albert-LP, Eilig and 16 others like this.
  4. Ltfor3

Ltfor3 Karting

Oct 14, 2013
    FL
    Full Name:
    L.T.
    I have to agree any ban seems harsh after going back through the comments. Metro’s comment was fairly innocent and he just defended himself as others escalated.
    It seems unfair to not let him participate in the officially 5/5 release based on those comments.
    Given his knowledge and insightful comments, I fear we will all suffer for this misunderstanding - which, again, seems fairly harmless IMO

5. trynaspec

trynaspec Rookie

Oct 11, 2020
    Full Name:
    Sim
    Way to prove the mod's point, now the entire thread is derailed. Most of the members here are grown men, a temporary ban won't hurt them. I guess there isn't any reason to check back on this thread until the 5th.

gliazzurri and 4re4ever like this.
  6. maha

maha F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2014
    dinajpur, bangladesh
    Full Name:
    mahmud
  7. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    Collateral damage from multiple drawn out releases of the same car.

Ltfor3, 4re4ever and of2worlds like this.
  8. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    #7383 Lukeylikey, May 3, 2021
    Last edited: May 3, 2021
    I forgot to mention something, the pictures of the V12s in profile, they are all beautiful to differing degrees. And then there’s the GTO. Is there a better proportioned car that has ever been designed. We all discuss cars comparatively, Mac, Porsche, Lambo, Ferrari etc. There are big differences but in reality, the context is that they are all 90th percentile products. The GTO’s look just stands separate to everything in my view. It relegates everything else to the 70th percentile. And it was not designed by Pininfarina, Bertone or Touring. It was done by the panel beater! Scaglietti just built it. Probably didn’t even think too much about appearance (maybe those with more knowledge know but my guess would be that he was thinking more about function and how to build it more than it’s look).

It’s the only car that I don’t think could be improved. Is it perfect?

I also think that the 812 VS does take some cues from the GTO - the kicked up rear, the slimmer section ahead of the windscreen. Comparing the 275 and 250 GTO is a little like comparing the TDF and VS in profile. Not at all saying that the VS is on the GTO’s rarefied plane. But for anybody that doubts it will be named Competizione, maybe there’s a clue there?

9. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    I completely agree with what you said about the 250 GTO and it's amazing how a car designed before 1962 continuous being so charismatic. When I look at the 812 VS and at the 250 GTO side my side I think the former design has several clues that are inspired on the later confirming that good design is timeless.

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  10. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    I will be in the minority but willing to say I much prefer the look of the restyled 1964 250 GTO. Three views of 05571 below>

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login
    The forthcoming book about these rare 1964 style 250 GTO models will perhaps foster a greater appreciation for their unique character...

R J, day355, 456-boy and 7 others like this.
  11. Garretto

Garretto F1 Rookie

Sep 3, 2003
    Bilbao, Spain
    Full Name:
    Rodolfo Di Pietro
    Unique indeed, may I say a little bit forgotten also... Is that gentleman in the picture anyone we might know?? :)

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  12. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    The 250 GTO 1962 was designed by the engineer Giotto Bizzarini and the 250 GTO 1964 was redesigned by Pininfarina. The bizarre with the almost unknown Bizzarini was that the 1962 car he developed with his team IMO is better look than the 1964 car that was redesigned by the company that tailored Ferrari's style during many decades.
    This is a rare case but not a unique one because the Jaguar E-type was also designed by someone who was an aerodynamicist and wasn't a car designer and happened to become one of the most beautiful sports cars of all times.

13. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    Yes should have noted by name Phil Hill the 1961 Ferrari F1 World Champion.

Garretto and mthompson2376 like this.
  14. mycatisholdingmehostage

Jan 19, 2018
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Just a thought but since their ban is just to this thread, and this thread is about the VS “Rumours” then why not create a new thread called “812VS Info”? That way everyone can participate (and it makes more sense given it won’t be rumours anymore after the 5th)

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

Ltfor3 likes this.
  15. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    Garretto and 456-boy like this.
  16. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    The 50s/60s cars are just magic and if you are ever lucky enough to see one in person, take a moment and realize how they got it all correct: no computers, no automated processes, etc. Yet, they are all amazing, even the ones you might not instantly love, you can sense the passion in their creation, even decades later. By the way, if you can ever get behind the wheel and drive one, absolutely do it! You will be amazed how wonderful the experience. It is very very pure- something you will never ever forget.

Enzo Ferrari said something like a race car only becomes beautiful when it wins. I think you could bend this a little to suit our discussion of the street cars- I think some can look great, but those great looks are diminished if the car doesn’t drive well. But if a street car drives well, then maybe some questionable looks become less. By drive well I would say its more than just being fast. It needs to be engaging and in its own way, with a combination of engagement and style it becomes endearing.

So for me, it will be impossible to (fully) judge the 812 VS until we know more, especially the driving! But I can’t wait to learn more :)

As to Oliver (DC) I agree with everyone, it seems to have gotten a little out of hand but I often look forward to his posts and I look forward to his return. Who among us hasn’t lost it once or twice, it happens. I think he is just a very passionate Ferrarista.

Forza Ferrari friends, soon we will know (more)!

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

17. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
  18. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    One of the Ferrari engineers out for a test drive and not the regular drivers who test the production models all the time. He also drove the Monza when that model was being signed off.

Caeruleus11 and jpalmito like this.
  19. AEHaas

AEHaas Formula 3

May 9, 2003
    Osprey, Florida
    Full Name:
    Ali E. Haas
    Was there this much excitement and talk about the F12 TDF. This thread seems very long time and post wise. Is this the most exciting car to be talked about ever??

AEHaas

My contribution:

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Caeruleus11 and dcmetro like this.
  20. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
  21. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    If anything, it must have to do with the exhaust. It’s quite a departure from previous cars and every mule from the beginning had a curious and odd-looking exhaust box at the lower rear extremities of the car. Maybe they couldn’t bear the thought of everyone talking about the mandated GPF on their swan song V12 VS instead of saying “wow, what a sound”? Maybe.

MDEL, Caeruleus11, Garretto and 3 others like this.
  22. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    However it does read

"searing performance is ready to be amplified"

simplified:

"performance" ... "amplified"

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  23. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    @MANDALAY is an 'amps' expert!
    or
    maybe @Il Co-Pilota has some thoughts....:)

24. BLACKburn49

BLACKburn49 Karting

Nov 2, 2010
    France
    Full Name:
    David BENOIT
    Which book?! I need that one! 4675GT is my favorite Ferrari!

456-boy likes this.
  25. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    The book covering the 1964 GTO body style is a work in progress from what I read and perhaps will be completed later this year? The long roof style of 4675GT adds to the allure!