Speciale Market | Page 36 | FerrariChat

Speciale Market

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by DM1, Jan 21, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. PB033

PB033 Karting

Dec 13, 2019
    Switzerland
    In my opinion, stripes are a must on a speciale, if you buy it as an investment. If it's just for fun, then the car looks in both ways amazing.

Sent from my BBF100-6 using FerrariChat.com mobile app

Mikael-F360, Dijit, Art138 and 3 others like this.
  2. willcrook

willcrook Formula 3

Feb 3, 2009
    UK
  3. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    Yes. Sometimes the stripe is a little over the top for my mood. I say that owning one with a stripe though, so I have checked that box. I would consider adding a separate stripeless car. I run errands to Publix and Ace hardware in my Speciale though! :)

BMW.SauberF1Team likes this.
  4. 2006m5

2006m5 Formula Junior

Dec 19, 2008
    huntingdon valley PA
    There was a nice rosso fuoco at denver ferrari i considered but i passed .

5. Giallo27

Giallo27 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 21, 2020
    Full Name:
    JB
    No matter what the reason you want to look for, Speciales are holding price immaculately and steadily you find less and less for sale… sooner than later prices will start increasing instead of just stand still.

Mikael-F360 likes this.
  6. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    Prices seem to have gone up in the last few months

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Euroryno

Euroryno Formula Junior

Feb 2, 2015
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Agreed. I know of three owners all saying their Speciale is a keeper. Just a matter of time before most end up in the hands of enthusiasts thus diminishing supply.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

8. Eilig

Eilig F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 31, 2001
    Full Name:
    Cavallo
    Yes ~15%

9. pw268

pw268 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2014
    San Francisco, CA
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    I'm currently in the market and for me, a stripe is required. I'm looking for a "launch-spec" car (Rossa Corsa with blue/white NART, alcantara) with sub 7,000 mi.

There is a 2015 no-stripe Grigio Silverstone car that just hit the market. It has a contrasting black roof with leather interior and has about 2,5xx miles on it. If interested, it's located at Lamborghini Greenwich (contact Paul Kim).

10. Mikael-F360

Mikael-F360 Formula Junior

Apr 3, 2017
    Finland
    Full Name:
    Mikael E.
    I have always wondered why anyone would sell a Speciale. It's a keeper. There is nothing quite comparing on the table. And not coming either.

Value has nowhere else to go than up. For reasons we all know very well. This car should be the last thing you sell.

JTSE30, Shack and Eilig like this.
  11. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    There was one in San Francisco I posted not long ago in launch spec. Initial asking was $349k then raised to $365k and sold within a month. Ferrari of Miami put up a red (rosso scuderia) with NART stripe for sale a few days ago $377k ask (under 7k miles).

https://miami.ferraridealers.com/en_us/search-used-ferrari/2014/ferrari/458_italia/2014_ferrari_458_italia-the_collection-ZFF75VFA4E0203463

12. pw268

pw268 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2014
    San Francisco, CA
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    I did my due diligence on both cars and passed on them. I went to see the FofSF car personally and passed on it because of (disclosed) paint work to the hood. The stripe on the hood was painted and it was quite obvious. It is too bad because it was local to me and the perfect spec.

The car at the Collection I had a PPI done on it and passed on this as well. If anyone is interested in that info, please PM me and I'm happy to share my findings!

Please let me know if you know of any other leads. I appreciate it!

BMW.SauberF1Team likes this.
  13. twist-a-grip

twist-a-grip Karting

Oct 25, 2013
    blvckintl and Thecadster like this.
  14. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    blvckintl likes this.
  15. Art138

Art138 Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 22, 2007
    Ft. Lauderdale
    I though it would go in the high 400k range. Bodes very well for the Speciale market.

blvckintl likes this.
  16. blvckintl

blvckintl Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 19, 2018
    Newport Beach, CA
  17. FFan5

FFan5 Formula Junior

Jul 7, 2018
    Only for those looking to sell. I consider this bad news, just like when Austin real estate jumps 25% in a month, it is bad news unless you plan on selling soon. Yay for higher insurance premiums and taxes I guess. :-/

Thecadster likes this.
  18. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    And bad news for would be owners…

19. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    I agree. As a Speciale owner it does give one a little “buzz” to see your car become so desirable. But as someone who has zero intention of ever letting the best regular production V8 Ferrari go from his stable the increased value puts an “anti-driving” pressure on the car. Since not selling it really isn’t about mileage as much as it is about risk of significant damage, fighting insurance company, and then having to look for a replacement.

m3doc, Andynyc, USMMA90 and 2 others like this.
  20. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    It's just the beginning, in a few years I think the Speciales will be trading closer to $1M.

Given the current demand (as represented by so few offered for sale - unlikely to ever be any other way), if you needed to replace your car, regardless of price, you might be waiting a long time for a suitable car to arrive on the market.

As for the insurance, get a 'stated value' policy, there will be no "fighting" as the value is pre-agreed upon...not only that, if the cars are for trading high values, even salvage cars will be lifted...

@FFan5 In Texas there are no "taxes" on cars that are already titled, just the annual inspection and plate fee (quite different than real property/i.e. land where annual taxes are assessed based on value)

italiafan likes this.
  21. twist-a-grip

twist-a-grip Karting

Oct 25, 2013
    #896 twist-a-grip, Aug 27, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2021
    What about the fighting to get your agreed upon value from $350 to $580?

22. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    Typically insurance companies will want a certified appraiser to assess the value. And then it is accepted for the policy.

23. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    Do most of you use regular insurance companies or collector car insurance company for the Speciale ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

24. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
  25. blvckintl

blvckintl Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 19, 2018
    Newport Beach, CA
    JTSE30 and Xrayv8 like this.