360 - P1154 and P1125 at the same time? | FerrariChat

360 P1154 and P1125 at the same time?

Discussion in '360/430' started by FiatAbarth850, May 4, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. FiatAbarth850

FiatAbarth850 Karting

Aug 2, 2020
    Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
    Full Name:
    Bill H.
    The car sat all winter with the battery out so all previous codes expired. Started the car and did the relearn process without incident. Drove about 125 miles in 4 trips without a CEL. When a CEL did come on I scanned it and got both a P1154 "too lean" and a P1125 "too rich" code. Anyone have any ideas about what might be going on in Bank 2?

Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. flash32

flash32 F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2008
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Dominick
    #2 flash32, May 4, 2021
    Last edited: May 4, 2021
    So many possible issues

Misfire / bad plug / spark plugs wire
    Bad fuel injector
    Vacuum leak
    Maf sensor
    Evap system leak
    Bad o2 sensor

Questions ..how old is gas
    Check hoses ..loose connections ..reseat connections
    Look at fuel trims and see when it goes out if range ..at idle or 2500 rpm
    You can flip maf and see if follows

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

3. flash32

flash32 F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2008
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Dominick
    The beauty of having two banks is you can compare values of both banks and see which is off

Using your x431 monitor the data streams of both banks ..items like air flow, temps, o2 voltage , fuel trims , misfire counts .. it will lead you to the faulty item

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

4. AD170

AD170 Karting

Jul 18, 2014
    The Fuel System Monitor sets the DTC for "Too Lean or Too Rich" by looking exclusively at fuel trims. I would suspect your fuel injectors, as it seems to be confined to just a few cylinders. Very easy to pull your two banks of fuel injectors and get them cleaned and bench tested. Cheap also. One may be stuck open the other stuck closed. Inspect your wiring as rodents may have chewed away during the winter. Also inspect your spark plugs (Rock Auto has them cheap), and it's a good idea if you have never replaced your Coil Packs to source some new ones (you can find them for 50 a piece). They are coming up on 20 years old and I consider them a consumable item, one that should be replaced by mileage or time frame.

EastMemphis likes this.
  5. FiatAbarth850

FiatAbarth850 Karting

Aug 2, 2020
    Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
    Full Name:
    Bill H.
    Hi guys, thanks for the responses.

AD170 - Your response seems that you suspect there is a problem in cylinders 2 and 3 yet it says "Absent" in the screen shot in the first post for codes P0300, P0302 and P0303. I took "Absent" to mean "this code is not applicable, nothing to worry about". Is that an incorrect interpretation of the report? BTW, all coils and plugs are pretty new, about 1500 miles on them.

flash32 - I also suspect a bad MAF or a bad O2 sensor. I'll switch the MAF's side to side before the next drive and see what happens. I'll also see if I can monitor live data streams although I'm a "points and condensor" sort of guy so interpreting that data will be a bit of a challenge for me!

Bill