Sold - 1999 355 F1 Berlinetta, Red/Beige, 4400 Miles, 100 Point Winner, Classiche Certified | FerrariChat

Sold 1999 355 F1 Berlinetta, Red/Beige, 4400 Miles, 100 Point Winner, Classiche Certified

Discussion in 'Ferraris' started by Rossocorsa1, May 5, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    1999 Ferrari 355 F1 Berlinetta
    4400 Mile Time Capsule
    100 Point Platinum Winner
    Ferrari Classiche Certified
    Likely The Finest 355 In The World

Car Will Remain Available For Sale Until This Thread Is Marked “Sold”

I am selling one of my personal Ferrari’s - a 1999 355 F1 Berlinetta - Rosso Corsa, Beige leather and Castoro carpets. This is likely the finest 355 in existence. It’s a platinum recipient, has 4400 miles, comes with all original ancillaries, Ferrari Classiche Certified, and a 100 point winner - “Best in Class” at the Cavallino Classic. The car has had a recent engine-out major service, performed by one of the finest technicians in the country. Everything is precisely as it should be, exactly as it left the factory. There are absolutely zero issues with this car. It is in brand new condition. If you are a discerning buyer and want the very best of the best, this is your rare opportunity.

I acquired the car in April, 2018 from a private collection. The car is located within my collection, stored in an exceptional climate controlled facility near Washington, DC and Baltimore, MD. For those that don’t know me, I am an absolute perfectionist, a very passionate owner of multiple Ferrari’s and a high-end Concours d’Elegance competitor. I take great pride that my cars are at the very top of their respective classes. This 355 is absolutely perfect in every aspect - exterior, interior, mechanically. Whether you can see it or not, you’ll know that every element of this car is in premium working and cosmetic order. My intent with this listing is to be fully transparent and describe the car with complete accuracy. My hope is to find an equally passionate buyer. Let’s first address the basics:

General
    - 1999 F1 Berlinetta
    - Ferrari Classiche Certified - December, 2018 - Redbook included
    - Ferrari Classiche Re-Certified - December 2019, 2020 (very few do - requirement to maintain Certification)
    - Rosso Corsa paint - 10/10
    - Beige leather interior - 10/10
    - Castoro carpets - 10/10
    - Factory production date - 11/29/1998
    - Factory final inspection date - 12/3/1998
    - Delivery date - 3/3/1999
    - Factory original options - red brake calipers, black rear challenge grid
    - Original dealer - Ferrari, San Francisco
    - Completely factory stock and all original
    - I am the 4th owner
    - VIN and service records provided to serious buyers
    - Clear title in hand
    - Clear CARFAX (no damage or accident history)
    - Always on high-grade battery tender while not driven
    - Every original accessory included (not “some” or “most”, but every ancillary)
    - 100 point winner at the Cavallino Classic - trophy and score sheet included
    - Price - $195,000.00
    - 202-809-4032 - Call/Text
    - [email protected]
    - VIN, maintenance records and access to a comprehensive library of hundreds of detailed photos will be
    available to serious prospects
    - I will handle all questions/inquiries personally offline

*Please Refer To Detailed Category Description Following Initial Photos*

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Latest Service and Maintenance - Mechanical
    - Complete engine-out major service performed by Tony Deremigio at Scuderia Performante @ 4357 miles -
    7/2018 - scuderiaperformante.com (everything itemized for review by serious buyers)
    - New OE tires - installed 8/2018
    - New battery - installed 8/2018
    - The suspension and entire exhaust system are in perfect condition and operate like new
    - The F1 system is in perfect working order
    - All factory recalls have been addressed

Electrical
    - Everything is in like new working order
    - Windows run fast and smooth
    - All exterior lights operate perfectly
    - All interior lights, including all dash warning lights operate perfectly
    - Original OE stereo, including 6 CD changer work perfectly
    - The security system operates perfectly with zero issues
    - All FOBS have brand new batteries
    - Professionally installed battery tender connector in easy access, very discreet location

Exterior Cosmetics
    - Perfect exterior - rate 10/10
    - There are zero paint defects. No scratches, paint chips or scuffs. The paint was professionally
    detailed/corrected 12/2018 and maintains it’s brilliant and bold shine
    - The buttresses show zero indication of any cracking
    - The wheels are in perfect condition - no scratches or scuffs
    - The wheel center caps are in perfect condition. The valve stem caps are original.
    - The taillights are in perfect condition. I replaced the outer passenger side unit with a NOS light in 2018
    because the original had two hairline cracks
    - All underside panels and skid plates were removed in 2018. While off, every detail under the car was
    completely detailed to perfection. Every wire, tube, nut, bolt, line, hose and clamp was cleaned and
    detailed
    - The underside panels and skid plates were completely detailed and any scuffs were corrected to new
    condition. The underside is like new
    - There is zero dirt, grime or buildup anywhere on the car - from the deepest core to the paint surface,
    everything is detailed like new

Interior Cosmetics
    - The interior is in perfect condition - rate 10/10
    - The dash still has the original air bag warning decal from the factory
    - The leather is perfect. There is absolutely zero wear or discoloring. No bolster wear whatsoever
    - Zero leather shrinkage on dash or airbag cover
    - The headliner is perfect - no sagging, stains, marks or snags
    - Original OE Stereo - including a 6 CD changer and the ultra rare faceplate holding box and removing key
    (I’ve never seen another)
    - All interior sticky parts were professionally removed and completely refinished with laser graphic etching,
    performed by Sticky RX. When I say all parts, I mean every part that could possibly go sticky, whether they
    were sticky or not, were refinished (not just the vents, ashtray and AC panel, but every part), including:
    - Inner door pulls
    - F1 shift paddles (laser etched graphics)
    - Interior mirror triangles
    - Door window switches and switch trims
    - Defroster vent plates and screw cover caps
    - Main HVAC vents (laser etched graphics)
    - Main instrument panel with gauge cones (rarely done)
    - Steering surround
    - 3 gauge trim above radio, including gauge cones
    - Shifter trim including all switches
    - HVAC panel with new factory correct overlay
    - Ashtray assembly
    - Mirror control trim
    - Hand brake grip
    - Exterior, rear window, lower 3 piece trim (rarely done)
    - Door sills were replaced in 2018 with OE sill plates because of one dent on each side. They are in perfect
    condition

Engine Bay, Front Trunk and Suspension
    - The engine bay, front trunk compartment and suspension are all in perfect condition - rate 10/10
    - While the engine was dropped for its major service, the entire engine bay was detailed to new condition -
    the firewall was polished, all hoses, lines, wires, clamps, everything - detailed to perfection
    - The engine was completely detailed, removing all signs of grime and dirt. The car shows like new
    - The wheel well panels were removed and detailed. Any scuffs or imperfections were corrected
    - While the wheel well panels were removed, all underlying internal components were cleaned and detailed
    - The front compartment is in perfect condition with no carpet or structural damage
    - The entire suspension is detailed like jewelry

Ancillaries
    - Every ancillary is included. When I say “every”, I mean all - everything. Not a nice tool kit, but missing a
    screwdriver. Not some of the keys/FOBS, but missing the red master. I mean everything - all original:
    - ALL three original key sets and FOBS - two blacks and the red master with factory original leather holster
    (often missing). Also, the 2 glove box keys, plus a knock-off set of keys for regular use. All FOBS have
    brand new batteries
    - ALL the books and manuals. When I say ALL, I mean everything. It’s missing nothing
    - Total and complete tool kit - nothing missing. Even the top foam layer is intact
    - Original tire inflator bottle in its sturdy foam container, and canvas bag
    - Working emergency light with plastic pouch
    - Front tow hook rubber hole plug - almost always missing
    - Stereo head unit front plate panel store box with removing key still in plastic bag - almost always missing
    - Original car, seat and steering wheel covers
    - Original rear license plate bracket with license plate frame
    - Original front license plate bracket with screws and studs - included at delivery, never installed - almost
    always discarded
    - Original security PIN code from Ferrari
    - Set of aftermarket floor mats to protect originals
    - Original window sticker in perfect condition
    - Copy of factory build sheet from dealer MODIS system
    - Ferrari Classiche Certified Redbook
    - Ferrari Classiche Re-Certification booklet - stamped December 2018 by the factory, and 2019, 2020 by
    Algar Ferrari (few re-certify annually, which is a requirement to maintain Classiche Certification)

In summary, this is likely the finest 355 in the world. It has only 4400 miles on it, had recent major, engine-out service performed by one of the top Ferrari technicians in the country, has 4 new OE tires, all sticky parts have been beautifully refinished and every mechanical element of the car operates perfectly. The electrical systems run seamlessly, includes every original ancillary and it presents in perfect cosmetic condition. The car is original, never modified and is like new. It is Ferrari Classiche Certified, and has been judged to perfection (100 points) at the most prestigious Ferrari Concours in the world - The Cavallino Classic. The person who acquires this car will be going back in time and buying a perfect new 355. Thank you for reading my listing.

- Price - $195,000.00
    - 202-809-4032 - Call/Text
    - [email protected]
    - VIN, maintenance records and access to a comprehensive library of hundreds of detailed photos will be
    available to serious prospects
    - I will handle all questions/inquiries personally offline

2. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    Ancillaries/Awards - Ever notice how everybody selling a car says that all the books, tools, etc., are included, only to discover upon closer inspection that a number of tidbits are in fact missing (a screwdriver, a wrench, a manual, the tow hook rubber plug, etc.). Well, this car includes everything, even things most people had no idea even came with the car originally.

Also included is the Classiche Certification Red Book, the Cavallino Classic 100 point score sheet and the “Best in Class” trophy.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. Innovativethinker

Innovativethinker F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 8, 2009
    So Cal
    Full Name:
    Mark Smith
    That is truly amazing.

jcurry likes this.
  4. ScottyB-Tampa

ScottyB-Tampa Rookie

Jan 10, 2021
    Full Name:
    Scott Burgin
    I saw this car at the Cavallino Classic in Palm Beach - most incredible 355 I've ever seen - definitely a time capsule!

5. JohnsonsMedia

JohnsonsMedia Formula Junior

Sep 14, 2009
    AZ
    Holy wow! Glws

6. 32 Ford

32 Ford Karting

Jan 31, 2021
    vancouver
    Full Name:
    Mike McGowan
    Only thing to say is WOW. museum piece! You must have loved that car to give it so much care. GLWS

7. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    numero uno!

8. full_garage

full_garage Formula 3
    Owner

Feb 15, 2010
    Sarasota Florida
    Full Name:
    Jay
    Wow what a car!

Note to sellers- THIS is how you sell a car- Not sure where the market is for pristine 355's, but this one seems like it will set the market moving forward.

GLWS

NuorderSG and Boomhauer like this.
  9. ScottyB-Tampa

ScottyB-Tampa Rookie

Jan 10, 2021
    Full Name:
    Scott Burgin
    Hey - would you mind posting a few more pics of the engine?

10. ginoBBi512

ginoBBi512 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Oct 9, 2016
    SO CAL
    Full Name:
    GINO RUGGIERO
    Never underestimate the other guys greed .... lol

Thank you,

11. ScottyB-Tampa

ScottyB-Tampa Rookie

Jan 10, 2021
    Full Name:
    Scott Burgin
    Agree - every detail and pic you could want - although I did ask for a few more engine shots.

12. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    I don't have access to my photo files just now. I'll add some additional engine photos either tomorrow night or early Monday morning. Thank you.

13. JJ

JJ F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 6, 2010
    PA
    Full Name:
    Impeccable. Sadly, all I'd do is **** it up real good. :D

14. ScottyB-Tampa

ScottyB-Tampa Rookie

Jan 10, 2021
    Full Name:
    Scott Burgin
    Fantastic - ty!

15. 32 Ford

32 Ford Karting

Jan 31, 2021
    vancouver
    Full Name:
    Mike McGowan
    OMG that car is so beautiful. I want it so bad. I am afraid I would drive it and mess it up.

16. rhern213

rhern213 Formula Junior

Jan 8, 2021
    Miami, FL
    Full Name:
    Richel
    Wow, those undertrays are cleaner than my kitchen island.

Boomhauer and FerrfanFL like this.
  17. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
    Guys, I know the seller & the car very Well! This is the real deal. I don't think you'll get another 355 this clean. This guy is obsessed with his cars being PERFECT everything!

LARRYH likes this.
  18. PaulK

PaulK F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 24, 2004
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Oh man... Oh man... This is OCD overload and I love it!

Boomhauer likes this.
  19. nsx2F355

nsx2F355 Formula Junior

Mar 12, 2013
    SLC
    Full Name:
    Tony
    I'd feel guilty driving it. It's so perfect!! Impressive how much attention to detail has been done here. Not sure I"ve seen a car this immaculate before for a 25+ year old Ferrari. Well done good sir.