812 VS Rumors | Page 306 | FerrariChat

812 VS Rumors

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by Frenzisko, Feb 10, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. red passion

red passion Formula Junior

Mar 4, 2012
    Hockenheim, Germany
    I think the current assumption is, that the next ICONA will be a V8, probably the F40 ICONA. So I guess the one after the F40 is at least 5 years away from now.

2. red passion

red passion Formula Junior

Mar 4, 2012
    Hockenheim, Germany
  3. F140C

F140C Formula 3

Nov 25, 2016
    Piedmont
    Full Name:
    Marco
    Thanks for sharing.

Imagine that engine and exhaust properly breathe without a GPF. Pure bliss.

Senna1994, red passion and Lagunae92 like this.
  4. Lagunae92

Lagunae92 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 16, 2018
    SoCal
    It's a bit disappointing as is, but yes, let it breathe!

5. Maximus1977

Maximus1977 Formula Junior

Feb 13, 2016
    Would it be accurate to say that besides looks, we are all a bit disappointed....? Would have expected more....?

6. JagShergill

JagShergill Formula 3

Dec 31, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Jag shergill
    As expected , loving the competizione but lusting after the Aperta...
    That 4 wheel steering And trick aero should make handling fun , and rampaging V12 at 9500 RPM.... mm mm mmmmmmmm.....

of2worlds likes this.
  7. JagShergill

JagShergill Formula 3

Dec 31, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Jag shergill
    I’m not disappointed at all - a stand alone engineering ( and artistic ) triumph!......
    Goo!

Doug23, Ltfor3, ingegnere and 3 others like this.
  8. Sir_Ferrari

Sir_Ferrari F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 25, 2012
    Munich, Germany
    Full Name:
    Adrian B.
    I love the new 812 Competizione & Competizione A! Again great work Ferrari! Love the design language of the new models that is a design improvement for me because there are some design details at the 812 SF & GTS (shape of some air in- and outtakes at the front and back for example) I don't like.

TheF1BOB, isot, manya81 and 1 other person like this.
  9. ilcapodizurigo

ilcapodizurigo Karting

Oct 16, 2019
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    John Meier
    I think although the aperta will be even more exclusive, as if the coupe isn’t lmao, it is all about the coupe. The rear end of the aperta just does not correlate well with the rest of the shape imho... Dream combo: 812GTS for relaxing days + 812Comp for more serious moments.

10. Eilig

Eilig F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 31, 2001
    Full Name:
    Cavallo
    More weight than Tdf, less torque than Tdf. Not exactly scintillating.

11. Frank_C

Frank_C F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2004
    Whistling through the wheat field in Texas
    Full Name:
    Frank Cavallo
    Agreed.

FLU and Boots like this.
  12. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    and 'finger followers' to...:cool:

JagShergill likes this.
  13. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    And certainly not the sound quality. The GPF is apparently very hard to get around. Those horses want to get out.

500drvr, FLU, of2worlds and 1 other person like this.
  14. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    i love it. great job ferrari producing most emotional car they can in the world in which we live. forza!

mkultra and Maggio23 like this.
  15. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    The torque could be a mistake, but the 50 more HP and 0-200 kph times say it all; the Competizione is definitely quicker.

16. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    of2worlds likes this.
  17. roma1280

roma1280 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

May 2, 2010
    Palm Beach, Roma
    I think the rear window treatment on the coupe looks gimmicky

cesman, day355, mclaren slr and 5 others like this.
  18. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
  19. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    Easier than fixing the rear glass issue. LOL

R J, ingegnere, LMH and 2 others like this.
  20. Eilig

Eilig F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 31, 2001
    Full Name:
    Cavallo
    cesman, sjp, mthompson2376 and 2 others like this.
  21. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    I think you are looking at a few static numbers and not what is the torque curve. They could have done some very interesting things here.

Also the RWS could be programmed in a way to dynamically change the toe characteristics thus to promote turn in, track out, high speed stability, etc.

The engine seems to have some trick treatments and I think we don’t have anything close to the final picture. I have a feeling this engine will be like the TDF but even more. We also don’t know what they are doing with gearing.

I think the car looks appropriately special and while I’d like to see more weight savings, I’m sure the weight they are comparing to with the 812 SF is already as light as they could make the SF. Remember SF weight was done before the heavy GPF.

I would be curious to learn the Aperta weight vs the GTS weight.

Comparing to TDF, if it was just a few extra horsepower and a heavier car, I have a feeling it would not make much difference 0-200 and you can clearly see it.

Its still early days, I remember when they showed the TDF and many said it was just a dressed up berlinetta and you could get the same performance with a tune and tires. What do we say now after many years?

So as to those openings on the rear end which I first wondered about, my wild guess- if you read through their descriptions it seems they are doing a trick exhaust to help recapture the higher frequency sounds robbed by the GPF, I wonder if these sounds emit from this area- its not that they are speakers, but I wonder if they are a kind of exterior sound carrier?

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

Maggio23, MDEL, JagShergill and 3 others like this.
  22. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    Talking about crow, I seem to remember drawing ire from somewhere for suggesting 1,000 coupes and about 500 Aperta should be the number - it’s what I would have done to satisfy both the customers and the shareholders - about 170 pages ago, y’know, a couple of months back! So much about this car is right and the sheer volume of discussion is off-the-scale. Ferrari are so good at what they do. Do I mind the torque is down or the weight saving is lower than previously? Nope. It’s now clear this will be the last V12, n/a, VS. The Competizione (coming to terms with the name now) will be an icon. And its looks and 9500rpm V12 will be enough to cement its place in history even without being the last of its kind. I hope it drives great and fully expect it will. Love the new aero and chassis tech too. Well done Ferrari, this car just is not in any way a disappointment to me.

TheF1BOB, Caeruleus11, MDEL and 3 others like this.
  23. iohead

iohead Karting

Feb 19, 2013
    #7648 iohead, May 5, 2021
    Last edited: May 5, 2021
    In such matters, the votes of consequence are cast with one's wallet rather than one's mouth (or rather, keyboard), so let me ask you folks this:
    • Is there anyone who was offered the choice of an Aperta but declined to get either version?
    • Is there anyone who was offered the choice of an Aperta but chose to get the coupe?
    • Is there anyone who was offered the coupe (but not the Aperta) but declined to get it?
    For those who aren't in the select group, you can still answer the above questions with the premise "If you were offered..."

Disclosure: I was offered the Aperta and did not decline.

24. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
    1 sec faster than Tdf around Fiorano, soooo ..... :rolleyes:

spyderman likes this.
  25. Elisesko

Elisesko Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 27, 2016
    Anyone declining an offered coupe should at least try to see if there are any Aperta recipients interested in a contractual agreement that allows the twin spec creation and transfer after any applicable no sale period. Risks abound of course if the coupe is built to demand minus 1. Just thinking outloud here.