Question for Omega enthusiasts | FerrariChat

Question for Omega enthusiasts

Discussion in 'Fine Watches, Jewelry, & Clothes' started by speedyellow08, May 5, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. speedyellow08

speedyellow08 Formula Junior

Nov 7, 2012
    Houston,TX
    I am offered a white gold Omega speed master by an AD. Watch looks great and I never owned an Omega so far. I was told it is a hard to find watch, is it true?.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

2. bart12

bart12 Formula 3

Nov 6, 2008
    The River runs through it
    Full Name:
    MD Leo
    No.

Get a snoopy or ed white.

Enzo likes this.
  3. WPOZZZ

WPOZZZ F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    Honolulu, HI
    Now that is rare!

BMW.SauberF1Team and Enzo like this.
  4. Enzo

Enzo F1 Rookie

Feb 14, 2002
    MinneSOta
    Full Name:
    Pat Pasqualini
    I'm not sure Omega holds their value that well to spend it on a white gold variant. Like the above poster said get a snoopy or Ed White. Even spending the 14k+ for the new 321 is a little crazy but it is always what you like and it is your money. So do what makes you happy

5. Dyim

Dyim Rookie

Jun 28, 2014
    Canada
    WG Daytona with meteorite dial and oyster flex would the latest and hottest Chrono that is hard to find.

6. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    The limited editions do with the Snoopy 2 a good example. The OP will only be able to get the Snoopy 3 on the secondary market. The waitlist was shutdown a few days after it was announced by Omega HQ and HQ is distributing the watches based on purchase history. I've been waiting since then with my deposit and I'm going to guess I have to wait until 2022 for mine which was not expected (I was told 3 months when I ordered mine). Any Fchatters have connections so I can't mine sooner? lol I know lots of Rolex pull here.

The Ed White variant has a pretty decent waitlist, but I think you can still order one if you go into any of the boutiques. It will be a long wait as they aren't making many 321 movements.

7. dsd

dsd F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2006
    Northern Virginia
    If I were putting money into an Omega I'd be looking at one of the Panda variants (35th Anni?). Of course, as mentioned, those new 321s are a good choice.

lopena likes this.
  8. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    New Snoopy is really hard to get. I'm #1 on my dealer list and haven't heard a peep in 6 months.

9. speedyellow08

Nov 7, 2012
    Houston,TX
    I spoke with someone in a Boutique today and they told me a deposit is necessary for them to contact the corporate to order one. It is basically made to order piece. The white gold is called Canopus Gold. Will see, how it goes..

10. barabba

barabba Formula Junior

Jun 7, 2007
    Ticino / Zurich
    I was able to buy two Omega Snoopy back in 2012 when they were quite cheap. I'm surprised how much they go for now.

11. speedyellow08

Nov 7, 2012
    Houston,TX
    I heard lumbar prices are up 95%. No wonder watch prices are going up like no tomorrow. Check out Chrono 24 , it is a good yard stick.

12. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    For the new Snoopy?

13. dsd

dsd F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2006
    Northern Virginia
    #14 dsd, May 10, 2021
    Last edited: May 10, 2021
    If you love the watch and have the money go for it. If you are concerned about value and resale I just don't see precious metal Omegas commanding the high dollar and excitement. Clearly, I could be wrong and this could be a super hot piece, I just don't get the feeling this will be a collectors darling headlining an auction. Again, if you like it, who cares what we think.

That said, I think this may be the deal:
    watch-omega-speedmaster-calibre-321-chronograph-42-mm-31193423099001

Best!

14. speedyellow08

Nov 7, 2012
    Houston,TX
  15. GURUSHUDAMUNDI

May 25, 2021
    Full Name:
    Guru Shudamundi
    Hi,

Since I am looking into this watch also, I'm very curious about your experience and the watch in general, now that you have it. Would you share your thoughts on it?

16. speedyellow08

Nov 7, 2012
    Houston,TX
    Yes, I like heavier watches because they sit well on my wrist. The metal has unique shin on it, I like the dial it is not a pure white. Strap has a clasp which is adjustable. I like it so far. Are you getting it from a Boutique or from someone else?

17. GURUSHUDAMUNDI

May 25, 2021
    Full Name:
    Guru Shudamundi
    Thanks for your reply. I might have read the thread wrong. I was under the impression you bought this one: https://www.omegawatches.com/watch-omega-speedmaster-calibre-321-chronograph-42-mm-31193423099001
    But after reading it again I now realize you might have bought this one: https://www.omegawatches.com/watch-omega-speedmaster-moonwatch-professional-co-axial-master-chronometer-chronograph-42-mm-31060425002001
    Is this correct?

I am looking to buy the 321 platinum, but I must say that yours is also a beauty.

18. speedyellow08

Nov 7, 2012
    Houston,TX