812 VS Rumors | Page 316 | FerrariChat

812 VS Rumors

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by Frenzisko, Feb 10, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    Did not realize about the One 77, but, apparently the involvement was limited, but important.

https://www.motortrend.com/news/aston-martin-one-77-first-look/

To make it so, the folks at Aston shipped their 6.0L V-12 motor off to famed engine-builder Cosworth for an upgrade. What they got back was a 7.3L V-12 monster that reportedly will make more than 700 hp and 500 lb-ft of torque in its final tune. As if that weren't enough, Cosworth reduced the mass of the engine by 25% and fitted it with a dry-sump oiling system that will allow Aston to mount it almost 4.0 in. lower in the car than any other V-12 has ever been mounted in an Aston. In addition to reducing the engine's weight and lowering its mounting point, Aston also pushed it back over 10 in. behind the front wheel centerline for better front-to-rear weight balance.

Unfortunately, the One 77 is a very tiny series of very expensive cars that apparently are rarely used; ones I find for sale have less than 1000 miles (did find one with 1950 miles), for a car from 10+ years ago, that's sad, but no one outside of Aston Martin (and Cosworth) has any idea of how well the engine works, very few cars and not many being driven. And, for the V12 in the Vulcan they did not use Cosworth...

https://www.cosworth.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/2018-03-09-Cosworth-Apprentice-Brochure.pdf

https://gtspirit.com/2012/01/30/video-how-bad-is-stalling-a-aston-martin-one-77/

car is a single plate clutch automatic transmission...

2. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    The 812SF and 812GTS are examples of the same engine, one without GPF , one with, it can definitely be done. The real costs are in the homologation for different markets.

of2worlds and Boots like this.
  3. Tommy Boy

Tommy Boy Karting

Aug 27, 2020
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    Great perspective on GPF

JTSE30 and of2worlds like this.
  4. Tommy Boy

Tommy Boy Karting

Aug 27, 2020
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    The beautiful GTS (and I saw one roar past me today with top down and driver going to full revs on gear shifts) will not be in my garage.

5. rossodino

rossodino Formula Junior

Dec 16, 2007
    corona del mar, ca.
    Full Name:
    bruce sansone
    Thanks for additional info on the Cosworth connection I knew they were involved and looks to me they did quite a bit. The One 77 is a very rare car and as you say not many are driven to any extent which is unfortunate, the Achilles heel to the car is the transmission which did not match the engine capability, car is a work of art, one of the most comfortable seats I have ever sat in.

6. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    Ahaha he is curently in my yard, and has already befriended two crows :D

7. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    Didn’t he simply say the reaction to catalysts was the same as for GPF rather than the devices were actually the same thing? They are similar in that they restrict exhaust sound and were both considered to be negative when they arrived, even if they actually do different things completely. I believe that was his point. Also, though EMEA is not 60%, your chart actually makes sense of the point REALZEUS was making - the US has been declining in share of Ferrari sales with ROW, in particular Europe, increasing and much higher (Europe is double US and total ROW is 3x). Comparing Ferrari to VW? Really? I think a bit of common sense is required to understand why Ferrari include GPF for all markets. If it was easy for them to delete they would do it - less cost in manufacture, less warranty, less to go wrong and better customer satisfaction. Lots of people complain on here about Ferrari being money-grabbing. It’s illogical to say that Ferrari are increasing the cost of their cars by adding an expensive component on when they don’t need to. I don’t know what the reason for including GPF on US product is, but I’m going to guess it’s a good one.

(And did you really say “refrain from further response until you study up”?! - this thread would have been far less entertaining and about 20 pages long, not to mention it could come across as very rude, which I’m sure you don’t mean).

REALZEUS, JagShergill, Doug23 and 6 others like this.
  8. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    I must admit, not a cool look - tell everybody in capitals what you predict is not a prediction and then get literally everything wrong!

9. F140C

F140C Formula 3

Nov 25, 2016
    Piedmont
    Full Name:
    Marco

I'm afraid english subs are not available at the moment.

10. 350MH83

350MH83 Formula 3

Jul 11, 2014
    Denmark
    Full Name:
    Max
    great to see reviews are starting to come out!
    He did say 599 Apertas and 999 coupes, all sold.

Caeruleus11 and F140C like this.
  11. F140C

F140C Formula 3

Nov 25, 2016
    Piedmont
    Full Name:
    Marco
    Correct numbers, all sold. Base price 500k €.

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  12. maxxy

maxxy Karting

Mar 31, 2020
    Full Name:
    max luca
    In this video, the paint looks darker than Grigio Titanio, so maybe it is the new colour, Grigio Competizione?

F140C and 456-boy like this.
  13. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    As always video by automoto.it is very interesting.

14. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    Maggio23, gzachary, ARAUJO77 and 8 others like this.
  15. Maximus1977

Maximus1977 Formula Junior

Feb 13, 2016
    Again, the spec of this launch version is very on point. Loving it; especially how vibrant this new shade of grey seems to work with the sun and that cool contrasting yellow striping.

16. JJ77

JJ77 Formula Junior

Oct 3, 2020
    No, doubt it, you guys are good!

17. F140C

F140C Formula 3

Nov 25, 2016
    Piedmont
    Full Name:
    Marco
    Yeah, I think that's the new Grigio Comp.

18. JackCongo

JackCongo Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 22, 2006
    Full Name:
    Jacques
    Many thanks for sharing this video. At least we know now what is under the back lid and it is confirmed that the internal mirror is digital.

I hope, although I know that it is highly unlikely, that there will be a specific luggage set for this car.

19. Boots

Boots Formula 3

Jan 17, 2020
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Jake

If you had any doubt in the new marketing shift over at Maranello, well, now it's confirmed. Lol.

20. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
  21. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    Great pics... so there is definitely nothing under that mysterious hood

JackCongo and MDEL like this.
  22. Maximus1977

Maximus1977 Formula Junior

Feb 13, 2016
    I disagree.
    One of the largest boots in recent cars!

Senad, dcmetro, of2worlds and 2 others like this.
  23. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    What makes you think that I do not understand the difference in function between the two devices? You just didn't get the point, namely that they both are mandatory in Ferrari's largest market. Lukeylikey got it immediately. ;)

Also adding a PPF requires alterations to a powerplant. It's not just an add-on.

24. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    Thecadster, MDEL, Bundy and 2 others like this.