C8 CORVETTE | Page 56 | FerrariChat

C8 CORVETTE

Discussion in 'American Muscle' started by BJK, Jan 18, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. sainthoo

sainthoo Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 20, 2007
    Full Name:
    Christian
  2. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
  3. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    BJK likes this.
  4. energy88

energy88 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    West of Fredericksburg, VA
    Full Name:
    John
    anunakki likes this.
  5. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Wow did he go to the wrong dealer. I paid MSRP for an early 2020 and got a great rate. No hassles. Even the delivery cost was reasonable.

I placed my order the weekend following the Tustin reveal where everyone saw the car for the first time and get the announced price. If it weren't for the Chevy strike, I would have received it before Covid.

If you buy one off the showroom floor anywhere you are going to pay a premium. Its that or wait a year. Supply and demand.

BJK likes this.
  6. energy88

Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    Full Name:
    John
    Proves that some Financial Advisors are dumb as rocks!

TheMayor likes this.
  7. Face76

Face76 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 21, 2006
    The Other Oz
    Full Name:
    M Wilborn
    I have heard that some nationwide dealers charge now to show how the electronics work in the car.

8. darkkaangel

darkkaangel Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2007
    North Texas
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    Yep, I paid cash so no finance hassles but I got MSRP and my car was a very early 2020 (Build date of March 5, 2020), but I also had my deposit down with my dealer on the day of the reveal.

DIGMAN52 and TheMayor like this.
  9. GTS Bruce

GTS Bruce Pisses in your Cheerios

Oct 10, 2012
    Orchard Park NY
    Full Name:
    Bruce Roche
    2021 straight msrp

TheMayor likes this.
  10. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Well I just had my "WTF are you doing GM" moment.

It gave me an over the air update. 4 hours later the battery in the car is COMPLETELY DEAD. I had to use the emergency handles to open the door to get out. But the radio works! The brake pedal pushes back hard on my foot over and over.

Contacting Chevy roadside assistance is a total PITA. Its all automated instead of just talking to a person. Took 5 minutes for me to put in the all information. Then it says open the My Chevy app -- which won't open at all on my phone. Just a black white screen.

If you get an UPDATE on your car, DON'T ALLOW IT! These pin heads can't even fix a problem they created. This is completely maddening. Its exactly what I feared about GM.

11. energy88

Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    Full Name:
    John
  12. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Car now COMPLETELY DEAD. Can't even open the doors or either hood. Nothing works at all.

Jo Sta7 likes this.
  13. brent Lachelt

brent Lachelt Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 6, 2003
    Brownsburg, INDIANA
    Full Name:
    Brent R.Lachelt
    Oh man so sorry. I got an over the air update on Friday. Unfortunately I allowed it ☹️. So far no issues, but I will report if I get any.

14. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Man this is a nightmare. You cannot believe how difficult it is to get to battery if the car is dead. Took me an hour after looking at videos on Youtube. Now waiting for a truck to see if it will start. Then flatbed it to the dealer tonight.

Whatever is happening is getting worse.

15. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
    curious. your vert top up or down? Down, easy access with dead battery :), but a DISASTER if it rains. :eek: (this would be a nightmare. It falls under 'it can always get worse' :()
    update?

16. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    I always put the top up before shutting it off. Its in my lower level garage space in my LA condo. I'm calling the dealer this morning to figure out what to do. If you get the update DO NOT do it! Bring it to the dealer and let them do it. C8's are dropping like flies from this update.

The battery is under the front hood under some plastic covers. It took me an hour to finally get to it. What a PITA.

BJK likes this.
  17. BOKE

BOKE Beaks' Gun Rabbi
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 13, 2009
    600 East Fremont Street
    Full Name:
    Lucky
    Did you get a COA for your plastic fantastic Chevy Brick??

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Jamie H and Cigarzman like this.
  18. Cigarzman

Cigarzman F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

of2worlds, BOKE, Jamie H and 2 others like this.
  19. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Update:

This morning the dealer recommended a certain tow service to come over. The service guy gave me a number to call, I left a message and maybe 15 minutes later, they called. 10 minutes later he showed up.

The guy came in a normal pick up truck BUT he had 2 battery jumpers with him. We tried with one --- nothing -- just like last night. Then we hooked up both to the battery and the car started without an issue.

The dash looked like a christmas tree with every warning possible showing. But after a while one by one they disappeared accept for the check engine light. Most likely it was from low battery voltage or maximum charging.

I drove to the dealer (about 3 miles away) and filled out the paperwork to get the car repaired. It was coming in that day anyway to change out 2 rims that were recalled for poor casting. Its ironic this happened on the same day that I had scheduled service for a week ago.

This time they gave me a car to drive instead of Lyft. I got an Equinox SUV off the lot. 230 miles on it. So now we hope they will fix the car. I really want my Home button to work because its a pain to use Apple car play without it. I like to use Waze for navigation and I need Carplay for it.

So... lets see how long to fix it and if they will do everything. I'm still guessing the Home button navigation will have to be done another time when they receive a replacement radio.

I'm upset with GM for releasing software that took my car down. I'm upset its a complete PITA to get to the battery if it goes dead. But so far I'm OK with the dealer response.

20. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Damn

21. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    I just did this software update and it disabled my lift system. If my battery dies I’ll be pisseddddd

22. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    I know my lift works but the first time it was enabled by the GPS, it was off a bit. I have to check it when I get it back but it seems like it works after my battery fiasco yesterday.

23. docapl

docapl Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 26, 2002
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Anthony
    Sorry to hear. Mine updated Monday with no issues so far. This is the fourth of fifth over the air update my car has received and all have gone smoothly.

Were the wheel porosity issues easily seen or hard to see and on the inside?

24. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    #1399 TheMayor, May 18, 2021
    Last edited: May 18, 2021
    I could not see them. The dealer who sold me the car contacted me and said I should take it to a dealer and have them inspected. I think they knew which VINS were involved.

I didn't see what they found but apparently they were really minor on the inside of the rim. They sent the photos to Chevy and Chevy sent 2 new rims.

My feeling is that if you have visible porosity, you don't know really how bad it is inside the casting. So as a precaution they inspected those they knew had a problem from their vendor and replaced them if they have any sign.

25. fatbillybob

fatbillybob Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 10, 2002
    socal
    Wow worse than what Ferrari could do. Bad GM bad....