Wanted - F40 Project Car Wanted for "LM style" Restoration / Rebuild | FerrariChat

Wanted F40 Project Car Wanted for "LM style" Restoration / Rebuild

Discussion in 'Ferraris' started by broshnat, May 8, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. broshnat

broshnat Karting
    Silver Subscribed

May 12, 2017
    UK
    I would like a road-legal full "LM style" F40 (silver chassis, wider lift-off front hood and side panels, LM suspension / brakes etc) so am on the lookout for a car in need of restoration as a starting point.

Anything reasonable considered - abandoned car, barn find, damaged, bare chassis etc - most of the parts will be replaced / restored anyway.

On the same note and depending on what is available above - also looking for any LM parts that are available - pedal box, brakes, control arms, hub carriers, hubs, dampers, exhaust, turbos, cams, body panels etc.

OCKlasse likes this.
  2. Topace

Topace Karting

Apr 2, 2021
    Omaha ne
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    There is a F40 in Richmond VA. It’s being used to store junk on. Don’t know much about it I can look for the guys number and pass it alone. I asked about it when I was looking at another Ferrari he had. He also has a storage self Aston Martin DB5 with gym set on top

eskamobob1, balas, Yassa and 2 others like this.
  3. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Maybe a second chance, for the Gas Monkey car???

4. jsh458ft

jsh458ft Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 9, 2020
    PA
    How could this be possible? People have no clue what these cars are worth? Or hoarders that justify their insanity? Yikes.

5. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    Some people have so much money it just doesn't matter if the F40 is used as something to store things on lol.

eskamobob1 likes this.
  6. Topace

Topace Karting

Apr 2, 2021
    Omaha ne
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    I was there to look at a non running 365 not for me for a friend from WI he is go to restoring the car. We talked long about this and how the cars end up like they are. he thinks it’s was a collection and the owner passed on and it was left until the wife passed. Then the things from the house where moved to the warehouse with the cars to sell the house. Warehouse being in poor condition with no upkeep. I’m sad to report that he sold the hole lot for 1.3m. There is one lucky guy in FL. The guy sign a contract to buy. I told him that if anything go south. To call me ASAP I think I know a few guys that would Mach of better the offer u have. I’m to new to Ferrari to talk classics but I know the DB-5 from jame bond movie. F40 is easy to spot. But the other 7 cars one looked like the DB-5 but not the same others where old Ferraris older then me so I don’t know about them born in 81. Best I can do

7. ChipG

ChipG Formula 3

May 26, 2011
    Santa Monica, CA
    Today barn finds are worth more than pristine show cars. Think I'm kidding? cover your ferrari in dirt, then advertise it as a barn find, you'll sell it faster for more $

8. nismodrifter

nismodrifter Formula Junior

Jun 11, 2008
    YYC/YVR
    Full Name:
    Navdeep
    hahhahaha

eskamobob1 and Yassa like this.
  9. broshnat

broshnat Karting
    Silver Subscribed

May 12, 2017
    UK
    Or if anybody has an “LM Style” F40 that is ready to go that they are thinking of selling then let me know… :)

10. Tony Baunach

Tony Baunach Karting
    BANNED Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Mar 20, 2007
    All around the world
    Have custom turbos...

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

11. broshnat

broshnat Karting
    Silver Subscribed

May 12, 2017
    UK