458 - For those of you who love bass... | FerrariChat

458 For those of you who love bass...

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by SoftwareDrone, May 8, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SoftwareDrone

SoftwareDrone F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 19, 2004
    San Jose, California
    Full Name:
    Mike
  2. Regular Guy 01

Regular Guy 01 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 10, 2011
    Tacoma, WA
    Full Name:
    Eugene Greer
    I love the step by step pictures and explanation of your process.
    Seeing this done is very helpful and gives others hope and thoughts what we can do to our own cars.
    Please keep posting and letting us know how it turns out.

Thanks,
    GG

3. SoftwareDrone

SoftwareDrone F1 Veteran

Jan 19, 2004
    San Jose, California
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Lesia44, jm2 and stoked_7 like this.
  4. Regular Guy 01

Regular Guy 01 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 10, 2011
    Tacoma, WA
    Full Name:
    Eugene Greer
    Hi Mike,

The only thing I like better than the step by step instructions with pictures is a video. :D
    It was very informative and detailed. I see the passion and care you put into this product for your customers.
    I watched the whole thing from start to finish with out a break. My wife even sat down to see what I was so interested in.
    If I were into improving my system this would be on my list.

Thanks for helping out your fellow F Chat family and keep up the great work!

Regards,
    GG

5. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    I am not into this type of thing. To me, this is in the "too much" realm. With that said, I must commend you for the amazing craftmanship and sharing the information for those that are into this.

I could also be a cheaper and safe alternative treatment for kidney stones, as you also enjoy whatever type of music you are into.

Cigarzman likes this.
  6. reisskhan

reisskhan Karting

Aug 11, 2017
    Hahaha madness

What power sources batteries etc do you use to run all this setup as we know the standard battery can just about handle the standard electrics in the car without throwing all sorts of codes and warnings when it starts to spill its beans or senses even a tad of low voltage lol?

7. SoftwareDrone

SoftwareDrone F1 Veteran

Jan 19, 2004
    San Jose, California
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Well for my own personal system (pictured above), I have an Optima red top as well as two $1100.00 apiece Braille racing batteries. However, I'm also pushing 3000 Watts (six 500 Watt amplifiers) to those ten subs. The ground literally shakes when I turn up the volume. Most systems I sell have one or at most two 8" woofers (the quad sub system a rare exception) being powered by 500-1000 watts, and most high quality amplifiers these days have enough built in capacitance to handle songs with demanding bass without taxing the cars' electrical system. I've built and sold over 300 systems for Ferraris over the last 8 years and have never had an issue with the stereo throwing a code.

8. mdrums

mdrums Formula 3

Jun 11, 2006
    Tampa FL
    Looks factory! Wow... nice... what does this sub cabinet weight?

9. SoftwareDrone

SoftwareDrone F1 Veteran

Jan 19, 2004
    San Jose, California
    Full Name:
    Mike
    The cabinet itself weighs 23 pounds. Not bad. Four third order enclosures. These particular subs are 6 1/2 pounds apiece. This particular owner is driving these four subs with 1000 Watts of Focal power, and the component speakers (midrange and tweeters) with an additional 400 Watts of Focal power. A DSP (digital signal processor) has also been added. In car pictures coming soon.
    And thank you for the nice compliments.

Mike
    www.scuderiaaudio.com