CS Market | Page 449 | FerrariChat

CS Market

Discussion in '360/430' started by stokpro, Mar 13, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Track incident.

2. Qksilver

Qksilver F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 11, 2005
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Joe
    I inquired about the car when it was at CNC. Cam sent me the invoice for the repair, $40K for what I recall was replacement of carbon rotor, wheels, suspension components, and some other odds and ends. Cam @ CNC said the car hit a curb.

Of everything, the stupid cigarette burn on the passenger seat really irked me!

-Joe

Mikestradale likes this.
  3. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    Ah, an accident or collision, different situation

4. Mikestradale

Mikestradale F1 Rookie

Jan 25, 2006
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Mike
    It was described as “damage from an off road adventure” on the Ferrari of Houston invoice. Stokpro called it an “track incident” a few years ago (in this topic).

New wheels, 2 new brake discs, caliper, brake pads, underside tray and some other small parts.

. Image Unavailable, Please Login

dustman likes this.
  5. Mikestradale

Mikestradale F1 Rookie

Jan 25, 2006
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Mike
    What does everyone think is the best and most fair way to describe this on the registry?

- off road adventure?
    - track incident?
    - hit a curb?
    - do I mention this incident at all?

A $45k repair bill sounds bad. But on the other hand, it happened in 2006 and it’s just wheels, brakes and underside panels. No body work.

6. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    I believe track incident encompasses it well and allows for conversation for those interested/not bothered.
    At least it allows collectors to steer clear.

Mikestradale likes this.
  7. arizonaitalian

arizonaitalian F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    Track incident (off track excursion). And - if space allows - include some of these details about the damage and repairs.

Mikestradale likes this.
  8. ifeelfree0

ifeelfree0 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 26, 2014
    Medina, Ohio
    Full Name:
    Dan
    Seems light for an 1800 miles car

9. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    has black leather. if alcantara wld prob have gotten another few bucks.

10. JAM1

JAM1 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    FL, NY, and MA
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Alcantara and sans repair history from off track excursion and I bet it’s worth more like $350+. It’d be nice to see a new high water mark for clean super low miles example to use as a guidepost.

11. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Prices are not there yet.

12. JAM1

JAM1 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    FL, NY, and MA
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Surprising for an 1800 mile stripe car imo.

13. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    If the new owner would sell it to me, the prices would be!

14. JAM1

JAM1 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    FL, NY, and MA
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Well that’s more or less what I’m thinking. To me it’s a $350+ car. Of course I’ve got an 8k mile CS and I wouldn’t even consider under 300 so I’m probably biased. It just seems to me the guys that own these won’t part with them for “lowing” numbers and as they become more classic I don’t see them getting any cheaper. Time will tell...

15. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    +1
    I have a 10k mile red OEM stripe and a 5,xxx black OEM stripe, neither I would sell for $300k.

16. MrRdStr

MrRdStr Formula Junior

Feb 24, 2008
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    AJ.
    I've been saying this for months. CS's in comparison to the overall car market have been stagnant.

17. Jason Crandall

Jason Crandall F1 Veteran

Mar 25, 2004
    ATL/CHS/MIA
    Full Name:
    Jason
    And I’ve been saying for months..... not enough are available to buy to change the numbers fast enough. There aren’t many CSs left in the world

18. Teenferrarifan

Teenferrarifan F1 Rookie

Feb 21, 2003
    Media, PA
    Full Name:
    Erik
    Jason you make an interesting point, I posted the same thing AJ posted about prices being stagnant or behind the rest of the market a few months ago in this thread.

Your theory might be right, there just aren’t enough cars and especially top tier examples trading hands with enough velocity to raise the “tide” across the board.

It does appear prices have ticked up though... are we back to 2015/2016 pricing? What are peoples thoughts on sale prices today?

I’m not a pricing expert, but we would get rid of our 488 Spider before the CS...

Erik

19. Skippr1999

Skippr1999 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 22, 2009
    I think there have been few quality examples trade hands lately. This makes for a opaque market.

20. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    I bought two CS’s in the last 8mo, and I know of 3 other sales. Prices are up 20-30% for high quality cars. The rest sit at unrealistic prices given the (often not disclosed) issues.
    Very small audience that knows of and appreciates these cars.

21. Teenferrarifan

Teenferrarifan F1 Rookie

Feb 21, 2003
    Media, PA
    Full Name:
    Erik
    Your cars are wonderful examples! I’m especially partial to your Nero stripe car... can we do anything to make the world appreciate these cars more? Obviously, it might not help that the car came about in the pre social media world, but these are incredible cars!

Erik

22. Horsin'around

Horsin'around Karting

Jun 14, 2017
    We should do a North American gathering of CS and let the YouTube/IG/FB community come and film the gathering and rally. Like the did in Europe years ago.

That I think would build up some attention/hype.

I would attend! Image Unavailable, Please Login

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

23. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    I’m in.

Teenferrarifan likes this.
  24. marknkidz

marknkidz Formula 3

Oct 7, 2004
    so cal
    Full Name:
    mark

we (i) did that a bunch of years ago in malibu, we had i think 21 Stradales, it was in Forza magazine. i beleive it was the largest single gathering of CS's at one time... correct me if im wrong..

would love to do it again!!

25. Michael Lane

Michael Lane Rookie

Jan 21, 2019
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Atxtennis

I am the owner. Car is awesome but I have 12 and another coming and need to make room. I hate to sell this one but I’ve enjoyed it and driven it. The track incident (15 plus years ago) was fully repaired back in the day by Ferrari of Houston. At that time the owner also painted the calipers yellow which looks better than the original black. I had them redone and powder coated last year in yellow so they would be heat resistant. Car has been meticulously maintained since I bought it. You can see pics of a recent paint correction and detail from pristine in Austin on their Instagram or you can see a few on my Instagram at austintxtennis.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login