488 Factory Charger Wiring | FerrariChat

488 Factory Charger Wiring

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by beachedferrari, May 9, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. beachedferrari

beachedferrari Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2020
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Mike Ferrari
    I bought the Ebay wiring diagrams and shop manual but not a whole lot mentioned on either for the factory charger wiring.

My 488 when I first got it, I plugged the charger in and it worked. Drove the car and came back, when to plug it in again and just flashing green power light as if it was not connected.

I do not have any voltage on the car side plug, trying to determine if there is a fuse or something in that circuit on the car?

2. beachedferrari

beachedferrari Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2020
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Mike Ferrari
    For anyone else looking. Fuse F78 - 30amp is the charger. Left side B-pillar. Fuses are a bit of a PIA to get to.

My fuse was good, so on to further diagnostics later. Probably end up pulling the magnet socket piece down this week.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Viperjoe likes this.
  3. docster

docster Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 14, 2004
    Oregon
    Full Name:
    David
    Thanks for the fuse location info!

4. Shermanator

Shermanator Karting

Aug 31, 2018
    SoCal, Colorado
    Full Name:
    Sherman Gregory
    I don't have a 488, but if it is a CTEK charger with an adaptor like the 458, then I would test the charger before digging into the car just because it is easier. The idea here would be to connect the CTEK charger to the battery on another car and see if it charges that. Do you have any other CTEK chargers with the clip adaptor that you could test the charger with. I have CTEK chargers for many cars so I have lots of those around. Either use one of those or jury rig something to connect the charger to another battery and verify that the charger works.

5. vonbeeler

vonbeeler Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2012
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I have the same issue.
    Thank you for your post.
    Tested the charger on another F car and good there. Going to try and locate the fuse next so thanks for that!
    I’m driving enough to keep her charged but trips coming up want to get this handled
    Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

6. Mafiaboy1975

Mafiaboy1975 Formula Junior

Aug 10, 2019
    South Africa
    Full Name:
    Mick
    My Cali T would do this with the magnetic charger. Try cleaning the area. It was a connection issue on mine. The magnetic piece on the charger also as two spring loaded contacts. Check they move freely

A quick wiggle now and then solved my problem.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

7. gernothofer@gmx.at

Jul 24, 2017
    yes, same with me, now it works...