Cali in Pittsburgh? | FerrariChat

Cali in Pittsburgh?

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by jsh458ft, May 11, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jsh458ft

jsh458ft Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 9, 2020
    PA
    Hey I know it's a bit of a stretch but anyone have a California in Pittsburgh? I just put down a deposit on one at a far away F dealer and have never had the chance to drive one. Would be super appreciative of just 10 minutes of seat time, happy to give seat time in my RHD Classic Mini or Model Y. :D Marshall Goodman in Cleveland has sold all of theirs so that's a no-go. There's another for sale in Ohio I might be able to drive, but TBD.

2. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Take the plunge! :)

The first time I ever sat in any Ferrari - 5 years ago this past week - was the day they dropped our Cali off @ Boardwalk Ferrari!

Good luck and post up some pics when you take delivery...T

russellmcg and jsh458ft like this.
  3. jsh458ft

jsh458ft Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 9, 2020
    PA
    Haha, thanks! I drove a 488 in 2018 and have been hooked since.. totally demolished my perceptions of how fun a car could be. Made the McLaren 570S I test drove earlier in 2018 feel like a toy car. Converted to a F fan that day.

4. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    You should go drive the one you are having inspected and buying. Makes for a fun getaway. I flew from Texas to NJ to talk with the inspector in person after he finished and drive the car before handing over 6 figures.

AlexBen, tomc and russellmcg like this.
  5. jsh458ft

jsh458ft Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 9, 2020
    PA
    Should be driving and signing Monday. Just have to decide between shipping it 1,100 miles or having a stellar drive home with a co-pilot friend.

Shark01, russellmcg and tomc like this.
  6. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    A long drive in your first exotic will be something you remember for a lifetime.

SLViper1 likes this.