355 - Smaller windshield mirror | FerrariChat

355 Smaller windshield mirror

Discussion in '348/355' started by watkinsgt, May 14, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. watkinsgt

watkinsgt Karting

Feb 4, 2008
    I find the 355 windshield mirror's size and location obstructs forward vision. Especially in tight right hand corners. You know, where the bicyclists are.
    I want to mount a smaller mirror on the existing windshield post and have found several that might work. However, I don't see an obvious way to remove the existing mirror case from the ball end of the post. Is this a 'press fit' that can be pulled apart? Or does the case have to be unfastened from the inside? If so, how is the the glass separated from the case to allow inside access? The hard plastic retaining strip/band that secures the glass to the case has been impervious to any attempts at removal. Hasn't budged. Will hot water expand it? Any suggestions how I can open the case? Is there a way?

2. Jackie and bill

Jackie and bill Formula Junior

Nov 29, 2014
    GB
    Full Name:
    William
    It's ok, cyclists dont matter, as long as they mind your paint :)

3. cuneo

cuneo Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 20, 2006
    Totally agree, have felt for years it’s way too large for our tiny rear windshields and I look forward to seeing your solution. Would love to know where you found a smaller, hopefully higher mounted mirror?

4. steved033

steved033 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Apr 12, 2017
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Steve D.
    There's a windshield mirror? Lol, kidding. I haven't missed mine (absent when i got the car)

sjd