Any opinions on Lake Wallenpaupack, PA | FerrariChat

Any opinions on Lake Wallenpaupack, PA

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by PhilB, May 12, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. PhilB

PhilB Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 17, 2004
    NYC, USA
    Full Name:
    Phil
    Hi - from the NYC section here. We're looking to buy a weekend/vaca house, either directly on a lake or nearby. Primary objective is to find a quiet place that we can use to escape from NYC, recharge, have family gatherings, antique shop or outlets, a couple of decent restaurants and a local place or two for a beer nearby. Safe and quiet neighborhood.

Anyone familiar with the Lake Wallenpaupack area and have an opinion? All we know is what we see/read online. We're open to other areas as well, looking for a place no more than 2 1/2 hours from NYC/Staten Island/Central NJ. Would gladly accept any Real Estate agent referrals you may have.

Been through Lancaster county, beautiful but at 3 1/2 hours one way it's too far for a weekend back-and-forth type of arrangement. New Hope is convenient, but trafficy in-and-out and haven't found a lot of places to dine outside of the main area near the bridge and Marsha Browns.

2. Sharknose

Sharknose Formula Junior

Feb 17, 2004
    Pennsylvania
    I live about an hour from the lake and found that it gets congested on the roads and on the water during the summer. One really good restaurant is the Settler's Inn in Hawley. You would have to go closer to the traditional Poconos area to find good restaurants. My best advice is make the trip and take a ride around the lake. There are several realtors that specialize in what you are looking for. Davis R. Chant and Weichert have a lot of properties around that area. Good luck!

3. PhilB

PhilB Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 17, 2004
    NYC, USA
    Full Name:
    Phil
    Thanks. We're talking to 2 realtors, both are focusing us towards a community referred to as "The Hideout", a gated community near or around a few lakes making up the Wallenpaupack Watershed. We may go exploring in a couple of weeks, can't really discern from looking online if this is what we want.

4. Sharknose

Sharknose Formula Junior

Feb 17, 2004
    Pennsylvania
    There have been mixed reviews about The Hideout over the years. A trip to the area is your best bet.

5. JJ

JJ F1 World Champ

Jan 6, 2010
    PA
    Full Name:
  6. PhilB

PhilB Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 17, 2004
    NYC, USA
    Full Name:
    Phil
    No particular reason other than that's where the agents we're in contact with seem to be steering us. We know nothing of the area or surrounding areas.

7. JJ

JJ F1 World Champ

Jan 6, 2010
    PA
    Full Name:
    Sharknose and E60 M5 like this.
  8. E60 M5

E60 M5 Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Jan 2, 2006
    Wash DC area
    Full Name:
    Robert
  9. JJ

JJ F1 World Champ

Jan 6, 2010
    PA
    Full Name:
    Thanks!

10. italiancars

italiancars F1 Rookie

Apr 18, 2004
    Hershey, PA
    Take a look at Skytop area, they hosted our event for about 10 years.

11. loflyer47

loflyer47 Formula Junior

Sep 28, 2004
    Phila. area, Pa.
    Full Name:
    Ben

..........Hey Hi Phil... we need to talk.. alot about this.. I currently own a place on the lake (LAKE WALLENPAUPACK)... shopped for the right place for over a year til We found the right one.. And LOVE it.. I do have plenty of advise for you..
    PM me for my Phone number.. or... here's my office number... 610 282-0109... would enjoy talking about this..
    hey are you going to be at the PaConcousFerrari this Sunday, in BLUE BELL, PA. ..put on but the FCA Pa region. I will be there. I'll be the guy with the RED FERRARI.. :)

JJ likes this.
  12. Sharknose

Sharknose Formula Junior

Feb 17, 2004
    Pennsylvania
    Fantastic events at an old fashioned Poconos resort.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

JJ likes this.
  13. Sharknose

Sharknose Formula Junior

Feb 17, 2004
    Pennsylvania
    JJ likes this.