812 GTS too quiet / Novitec exhaust in stock anywhere? | Page 3 | FerrariChat

812 GTS too quiet / Novitec exhaust in stock anywhere?

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by BMan14, Mar 6, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. titanio360

titanio360 Rookie
    BANNED

Sep 18, 2013
    My local shop dyno tunes them. Just listen to this thing! https://www.instagram.com/p/CKEZLgPJ5oq/

Avia11 likes this.
  2. BMan14

BMan14 Karting

Dec 31, 2013
    titanio360 likes this.
  3. titanio360

titanio360 Rookie
    BANNED

Sep 18, 2013
    With the top down and 800 prancing horses attached to your right foot...

4. Avia11

Avia11 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2017
    San Diego, CA
    haha. probably just semantics but not being able to hear a NA V12 Ferrari and thinking music is too loud are actually 2 different things...

5. titanio360

titanio360 Rookie
    BANNED

Sep 18, 2013
    2 VERY different things actually!

6. titanio360

titanio360 Rookie
    BANNED

Sep 18, 2013
    If the novitec gets delayed with all this pandemic cross border shipping nonsense going on and you like the sound of the 812 I posted, check with Rob whose instagram account that is. He typically keeps at least one full exhaust for each Ferrari and Mclaren model in stock at their shop in South Florida. I'll PM you his cell number so you can refer to it if the novitec doesn't show up before August. Either way, were all going to need some sound clips of the GTS... Please include fly-bys, cold starts and most importantly, in cabin with the top down!!! Give the people what they want!

KarlA69 likes this.
  7. junc

junc Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 2, 2007
    Chicago/Laguna Beach
    Full Name:
    Jun
    I sent you a PM about the module. Thanks.

8. BMan14

BMan14 Karting

Dec 31, 2013
    Well I got the full Novitec exhaust with 200 cell cats on and it's EPIC. I just love it. Wow...the sound is incredible. I got the valved version so that I can make it quiet if that's ever needed. Problem solved!!! There was a stock 812 at the local meet today and it was night and day.

9. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Get some kind of plug in CPU to clear codes?

10. Shack

Shack F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2005
    Earth
    Any chance of a sound video?

Also can u give us an idea of the total cost?

11. Ngcanada

Ngcanada Formula Junior

May 16, 2016
    Ottawa Canada
    Has your dealer approved the modification, or has it affected your warranty? That is my fear and hold back

of2worlds likes this.
  12. BMan14

BMan14 Karting

Dec 31, 2013
    Yes it has a Novitec OBD plug to handle codes. Many dealers, including mine, install Novitec products on new Ferraris. Warranty coverage will depend on the issue. They can't just "void the warranty" due to an exhaust or any other modification - they must prove causality to deny a claim. I would not tune the ECU, etc on this car but the exhaust is worth it!!! WOW!

13. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Interesting.....Novitec says they dont make or sell the OBD since early 2020. When did you acquire your OBD?

14. BMan14

BMan14 Karting

Dec 31, 2013
    I just got all of it two weeks ago, drop shipped from Novitec in Europe. Maybe we are talking about two different things. I’m just talking about the item that clears the codes.

15. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Yes, I understand. Can you PM me a photo/product # etc? Novitec HQ USA says it is not available (for the F12 TDF/812).

16. BMan14

BMan14 Karting

Dec 31, 2013
    of2worlds likes this.
  17. abdulla.alhajri

abdulla.alhajri Karting

Jul 16, 2015

i had a GTS for a day to test drive and my brother following me in his own car had exactly the same comment you mentioned " the GTS is too quiet on the road for a V12 Ferrari "

18. KarlA69

KarlA69 Formula Junior

Oct 9, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Karl
    Note that there are two versions of the module. One for cars with / without GPF. It may be that they’ve stopped supplying the one for cars without GPF, since those cars are not being produced anymore (for 812 SF / GTS)

junc likes this.
  19. Frank_C

Frank_C F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2004
    Whistling through the wheat field in Texas
    Full Name:
    Frank Cavallo
    #70 Frank_C, May 17, 2021
    Last edited: May 17, 2021
    I just put a Brooke Race Exhaust x pipe and silencers in my non GPF 812 SF and am tickled pink. The exhaust is not obnoxiously loud, but rather is nicely deepened without having to turn it up to 11.

The exhaust note sounds fantastic and has that British V12, guttural, cat-like growl in the low end- again without being annoying. Moreover; it is made of inconel and not as expensive as the Novitec.

https://www.brookeraceexhausts.co.uk/

pics
    Complete 812 Exhaust install

20. JackCongo

JackCongo Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 22, 2006
    Full Name:
    Jacques
    So basically you spent a big amount of money to make your Italian V12 sound like a British one?

21. JackCongo

JackCongo Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 22, 2006
    Full Name:
    Jacques
    So basically you spent a big amount of money to make your Italian V12 sound like a British one?

22. JackCongo

JackCongo Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 22, 2006
    Full Name:
    Jacques

23. Frank_C

Frank_C F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2004
    Full Name:
    Frank Cavallo
    Yup. When I took delivery of my Vanquish S in ‘05 I had them pin the valves open. That car had the best sounding exhaust of any car I’ve owned - until now......

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

24. Frank_C

Frank_C F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2004
    Full Name:
    Frank Cavallo
    Yup. When I took delivery of my Vanquish S in ‘05 I had them pin the valves open. That car had the best sounding exhaust of any car I’ve owned - until now......

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat